Suzuki swift, Mit Lancer, Hyundai Verna or Kia?

Dannyk

I drove a Getz for 10 years and it was very reliable

So I think the Verna should be similar as well.

:)

Honestly, Hyundai is more reliable than most Conti makes [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I had owned 2 x Verna 1.6 and 1.4A and 1 unit lancer 1.6M. 

My take is Verna is better quality then Lancer.

Verna Maintenance is cheaper if you ask me.

• Praise 1

My mechanic said that the Lancer (manual) one is one of the most reliable model of cars in that class. 

Said this when i brought my verna there for servicing in the past. 

I drove a verna 1.6(A) for ~4 yr till it was scrapped last Apr. Had a list of things that needed to be done, but none of them really critical as in vehicle broke down halfway type.

If you ask me about reliability/durability, then I would say that generation of korean cars are still not there yet. But obviously there are lots of others who had very good experience of their own, so maybe it was my bad luck to land that car - not sure how the first owner kept it.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I saw Chevrolet Aveo is about the same range as the above mentioned vehicles. How is Chevrolet overall, it is a American made or Euro?

I saw Chevrolet Aveo is about the same range as the above mentioned vehicles. How is Chevrolet overall, it is a American made or Euro?

Before i bought the verna some 5-6 yr ago, when i was looking around, i also considered aveo.

i posted in aveo forum to ask a similar question.

Then one owner sent me a PM, advise me to stay away from the car  [sweatdrop]

I concluded that he had no reason to bluff me, so i took his advice...

Turbocharged

Hi, which of the above choices will you get for car about 9 year old, be it an OPC or normal plate.

Please advise...

Please read my comparison between Suzuki and Mitsubishi....although it's not the Lancer.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700714-which-suv-would-you-choose-for-now/page-27?do=findComment&comment=6070384

I'm with the Swift for this....but if you prefer the Lancer GLX please get the manual. Lancers EX? ......errrrr.....nope!

Our Chevrolets here are made in Korea. The Aveo like not so good. Seen quite a few break down on the roads.

Turbocharged

Some history lesson.

There was once a Korean company called Daewoo Motors. They were cheaper than Hyundai and at the level of Kia.

In the late 90s they when into financial trouble and was finally sold to GM.

GM parked Daewoo under Chevrolet etc and rebadged their line-up to chevrolet.

That's why you still see some old aveo with Daewoo badges.

Except for the Corvette and some higher CC models for US market, all other models are design and built in Korea.

That's why people still refer local Chevrolet as a Kimchi..

Supercharged

my vote would be for the verna.

try to go for the manual 1.6 if possible. the power is better than the 1.4 IMHO.

drove one for 3 years till scrapped.

damn good work horse with minimal maintenance.

if not for the COE expire, i would have kept that car going.

experience with Lancer? ok lah. the boot space is a tat small if you are a family man who likes to bring the whole family out.

Swift is zippy. gotta give you that. but i voted for the verna becos of its spacious boot.

I will suggest you to go with Hyundai Verna as it offered powered by the same 1.6-litre petrol & diesel engines, which also powers the outgoing variants of Verna along with the 6-Speed Manual Transmission/ Automatic Transmission variants respectively. In NCAP rating Hyundai also scored good.

Check out the expert review of Hyundai Verna 2017 : Hyundai Verna 2017 – Segment disruptor

hyundai-verna-polar-white.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 2