Mastercard To pay for MRT and Bus rides, no need EZ Link

Boringchap

This caught my attention. I prefer a lighter wallet. If I can pay for my MRT rides using my credit card, even better. So this caught my attention.

LTA starting a pilot.

post-67319-0-06728800-1490079196_thumb.png

There are a few steps to follow, and the website brings you through. Basically you have to register and link to your Mastercard.

post-67319-0-43289600-1490079294_thumb.png

After I did everything and set up, decided to try out. It works! Here is a video of my experience.

Overall very smooth but a few points to take note.

1. Mastercard, not VISA. Mine is UOB, but all other Singapore issued Mastercards should work.

2. The MRT gate says 'Bank Card Usage' when you enter and exit. The gate doesn't show you how much was the cost of the ride.

3. You have to check your portal to see what was incurred, and it may take up to 3 days for the charges to be reflected.

Overall, easy to use and I will be using my Mastercard to pay for my MRT and Bus rides from now on.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thought citibank already have such thing liao? Credit card which can used on bus and MRT ride?!

That is probably for Citibank SMRT credit card ?

Am using my POSB Everyday card (which is also an EZ-Link card) for MRT / bus rides, free auto reload.

I think somebody's (@Radx) Visa INFINITE Infinite card dun have EZ-Link feature one ...  :a-fun:

I read thru the terms of this Mastercard promotion, not attractive enough for me to sign up, will still to my current arrangement with POSB Everyday.

That is probably for Citibank SMRT credit card ?

Am using my POSB Everyday card (which is also an EZ-Link card) for MRT / bus rides, free auto reload.

I think somebody's (@Radx) Visa INFINITE Infinite card dun have EZ-Link feature one ...  :a-fun:

I read thru the terms of this Mastercard promotion, not attractive enough for me to sign up, will still to my current arrangement with POSB Everyday.

POSB and citibank for bus/mrt rides work the same?

POSB and citibank for bus/mrt rides work the same?

I do not have Citibank SMRT card but I think they are the same.

I do recall reading somewhere that Citi charges a convenience fee for the auto-reload feature.

• Praise 1

Don't a lot of credit cards already double as a ezlink?

Check the back of the card to see if it has the ezlink logo.

I use SIM based EZ-link ....people still stare at me when I tap my phone at the MRT gantry and bus tapping points.

I carry one less card around and the EZ-link can be topped up online using the phone app too.

and with Samsung Pay, I took out another 4 credit cards from my wallet. [:p]

banner-getyourezlinknfcsim.jpg

banner-homepage2.jpg

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Elite does not take public transport. Who need EZ-link?

:XD:

I use SIM based EZ-link ....people still stare at me when I tap my phone at the MRT gantry and bus tapping points.

I carry one less card around and the EZ-link can be topped up online using the phone app too.

and with Samsung Pay, I took out another 4 credit cards from my wallet. [:p]

This one need to pay $$$ to change sim card right?

Does it work when phone is out of matt?

Is about $30 for the EZ-link enabled sim from the major telcos.

The phone needs to have enough juice from tapping in to tapping out. That is one major consideration if the person is always running out of juice.

This one need to pay $$$ to change sim card right?

Does it work when phone is out of matt?

Looks like there are various options around.  But since I signed up for this mastercard thingy, and it works, I'll keep using it when I take the MRT and Bus.  I can leave my EZ-Link at home liao. 

Looks like there are various options around.  But since I signed up for this mastercard thingy, and it works, I'll keep using it when I take the MRT and Bus.  I can leave my EZ-Link at home liao. 

What happens if you have both your Master Card and your EZ link in your wallet when you tap?

What happens if you have both your Master Card and your EZ link in your wallet when you tap?

Chaos! Frankly I don't know. I took out my credit card to tap. Didn't want a card clash.
↡ Advertisement