Mastercard To pay for MRT and Bus rides, no need EZ Link

Boringchap

I use SIM based EZ-link ....people still stare at me when I tap my phone at the MRT gantry and bus tapping points.

I carry one less card around and the EZ-link can be topped up online using the phone app too.

and with Samsung Pay, I took out another 4 credit cards from my wallet. [:p]

banner-getyourezlinknfcsim.jpg

banner-homepage2.jpg

You used Mobile phone with SIM based EZ-Link to pay.  Watch with TouchNGo Chip are used by Malaysian to pay for their rides on LRT and buses in KL.

post-16380-0-43337000-1490109594_thumb.png

post-16380-0-66547600-1490109612_thumb.png

post-16380-0-19635000-1490109631_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Is about $30 for the EZ-link enabled sim from the major telcos.

The phone needs to have enough juice from tapping in to tapping out. That is one major consideration if the person is always running out of juice.

got a free replacement nfc sim card when i recontracted my phone recently .... however still using the old sim card as not taking bus/mrt that much. wonder how long the new sim card can keep without activation ?

anyway, make sure you guys have a NFC enabled phone before getting the sim NFC sim ... (i know common sense ... but not all will have)

Edited by Ysc3

got a free replacement nfc sim card when i recontracted my phone recently .... however still using the old sim card as not taking bus/mrt that much. wonder how long the new sim card can keep without activation ?

anyway, make sure you guys have a NFC enabled phone before getting the sim NFC sim ... (i know common sense ... but not all will have)

Which telco?

Next tine I recontract, will force them to give me a new sim!

There will be card clash. Happened to me before when I tried tapping my EZlink card in my wallet with a few paywave enabled card.

There will be an error sound and light at the gantry. No double charging is possible.

Just remove the card away from the rest of your paywave enabled cards to tap again. 

Chaos! Frankly I don't know. I took out my credit card to tap. Didn't want a card clash.

Pretty nifty! 

Samsung Gear S3 can use for Samsung Pay now. So I think it is not too hard to have EZlink work off the watch in bluetooth connection with the phone that has the EZlink sim. 

Just a matter of whether the number of people using this feature is worth the while (read $)  for the app developer/ezlink/Samsung. :D  

You used Mobile phone with SIM based EZ-Link to pay.  Watch with TouchNGo Chip are used by Malaysian to pay for their rides on LRT and buses in KL.

I just activated my posb everyday card. It says my 1st three ride will be free. Just in time, when I scrap my car next month and begin my public transport commuting.

• Praise 1

I just activated my posb everyday card. It says my 1st three ride will be free. Just in time, when I scrap my car next month and begin my public transport commuting.

POSB everyday card is also an EZlink card.

so will it charge to master or EZlink?

do you know if can use iphone/apple watch and use POSB everyday master card to tap? 

Edited by TangoElite

Supercharged

POSB everyday card is also an EZlink card.

so will it charge to master or EZlink?

do you know if can use iphone/apple watch and use POSB everyday master card to tap? 

The "EZlink card" in the POSB card, is like a virtual wallet inside a wallet.

But it is clearly "isolated"

Meaning, we need to top up the value in the EZlink separately.

It has no link with the master account of the POSB card.

Another way to look at it, the EZlink wallet is stored in a secured location inside the EMV chip of the POSB card.

it has its own identity. You can see the laser engraving on the back of the POSB card. 

It is actually very complicated. 

Renew lah

The "EZlink card" in the POSB card, is like a virtual wallet inside a wallet.

But it is clearly "isolated"

Meaning, we need to top up the value in the EZlink separately.

It has no link with the master account of the POSB card.

Another way to look at it, the EZlink wallet is stored in a secured location inside the EMV chip of the POSB card.

it has its own identity. You can see the laser engraving on the back of the POSB card. 

It is actually very complicated. 

Yes i understand it is not linked with the mastercard account

What I'm saying is that the Everyday card has both the mastercard paywave chip and the EZ link chip. both can be used to pay for mrt rides

so when you tap the everyday card, which chip will process the payment? Mastercard chip or EZ Link chip? 

Supercharged

Yes i understand it is not linked with the mastercard account

What I'm saying is that the Everyday card has both the mastercard paywave chip and the EZ link chip. both can be used to pay for mrt rides

so when you tap the everyday card, which chip will process the payment? Mastercard chip or EZ Link chip? 

I don't think there are 2 chips in the POSB card.

Simply not enough space for 2 antennas.

It should only has the mastercard chip. And, the EZ link is just an applet inside the mastercard chip.

When we tap the card, the OS of the card will decide to which applet to authenticate and carry out the transaction. 

The Mykad, Malaysian IC. Only 1 chip for both contact and contactless.

Can read the ID of a person, their finger print.

Also, can store Touch n Go and ATM card in it.

=============================

Copy and paste from Hardwarezone forum.

Yes both Ez-Link and Paywave uses the same NFC (physical layer) standard and the same frequency. By doing so multiple payment methods (application layer) can share the same antenna, since space is limited on the same credit card.

Both your Ezlink and PayWave cards are passive until energized by a reader, both will transmit according to the specification to tell the reader that someone is there. Since this transmission is from different cards on the same frequency at almost the same time, they interfere each other. Mecham like 2 persons talking to you at the same time and very hard to listen properly.

Within the same card however there is no such interference even with multiple payment methods present since the relevant payment method will be known through the interrogation process. Somewhat like me talking to you, although I know English and Russian I will ask u which one u can understand and only talk to you in that tongue. I don't speak English and Russian at the same time.

=======================

Edited by Ben5266
  • Praise 2

anyway if u have some money left in your ezlink account in POSB everyday card when your card expires.

To get a refund, U need to go to a SMRT ticketing office (not every station/ticketing officer can accept) with identification in person.

I had to go AMK bus interchange the SMRT ticketing office to get it done.

Edited by Lala81

The EZ-Link on my POSB Everyday card is "linked" to POSB Everyday Mastercard.

Once low value will auto reload my pre-set amount of $20.

Amount will be reflected on my credit card statement.

Twincharged

From Singtel Dash: Get $30 Cashback when you spend $90 with your Huawei Mate 9 and Singtel Transit NFC SIM on your bus or train rides from 17 Feb to 17 Jul '17. Visit any Singtel shops & exclusive retailers today! T&Cs apply.

-------------------------------

Another offer received after I got my phone ... Sure beats the free 3 rides!

anyway if u have some money left in your ezlink account in POSB everyday card when your card expires.

To get a refund, U need to go to a SMRT ticketing office (not every station/ticketing officer can accept) with identification in person.

I had to go AMK bus interchange the SMRT ticketing office to get it done.

I think OUB atm can get refund.