Range rover velar

sam3003z

Supersonic

Hope it comes with the 2l petrol version. F pace only have 3l petrol version here.

totally agree. the whole design is simple yet elegant. Dont see any unusual bends or arches like lexus RX

If they bring in the 2 litre version, will it cannibalise the 5 door Evoque market share?
↡ Advertisement

If they bring in the 2 litre version, will it cannibalise the 5 door Evoque market share?

i think there's bound to have some cannibalism. Velar 3l version will compete with RR sport 3l as well.

BMW's x1, x3, x4 and x5 (diesel) each has 2l version. just like audi q3, q5, q7

Supersonic

i think there's bound to have some cannibalism. Velar 3l version will compete with RR sport 3l as well.

BMW's x1, x3, x4 and x5 (diesel) each has 2l version. just like audi q3, q5, q7

I think space wise Velar will be smaller than the Range Rover Sport, even if both house a 3 litre engine.

I think space wise Velar will be smaller than the Range Rover Sport, even if both house a 3 litre engine.

In fact velar is only 5cm shorter than rr sport. but rr sport is meant to be a 7 seater.

so if u want a big suv 5 seater and with cash to burn, velar looks like a very gd alternative to rr sport.

Not sure if its based on the Disco Sports platform, but it was not terribly exciting when i drove it with the ford focus ST engine, to the point of being slow.

Hopefully the ingenium variant is better, but my hopes are not high.

This brand is never abt mainstream sales. But ask anyone who knows cars decently ard the world what's a Range Rover and they wil know it's a level above your merc BMW Audi.

The reason why it jus seems lower appeal here is because they dun do what the mainstream big 3 do by bringing in low spec models to make it affordable to the masses.

Turbocharged

Not sure if its based on the Disco Sports platform, but it was not terribly exciting when i drove it with the ford focus ST engine, to the point of being slow.

Hopefully the ingenium variant is better, but my hopes are not high.

The 240ps EcoBoost? I thought the Velar's was supposed to be only using 250ps Ingenium petrols for the 2.0L option...

Edited by 7hm

The 240ps EcoBoost? I thought the Velar's was supposed to be only using 250ps Ingenium petrols for the 2.0L option...

My post was unclear...

I do mean I test drove the Discovery Sports with the ecoboost engine, and it was rather underwhelming.

But it the Velar uses the same chassis, then the drive should be about the same

Turbocharged

My post was unclear...

I do mean I test drove the Discovery Sports with the ecoboost engine, and it was rather underwhelming.

But it the Velar uses the same chassis, then the drive should be about the same

If it's Ingenium, should be better, since Ingenium torque comes in earlier, similar to Volvo T5.

I notice the EcoBoost 240ps does much worse in the Evoque and LR SUVs than it does in the saloons, probably due to the weight and drag.

Can't say for Range Rover range... But Land Rover fit and finish is epitome of British manufacturing engineering....go test a Land Rover Discovery Sport.

As it is, the AD is asking for a while lot of money for a low OMV lousier fit and finish product. 

I haven't even start to talk about brand appeal or marketing yet. 

This brand is never abt mainstream sales. But ask anyone who knows cars decently ard the world what's a Range Rover and they wil know it's a level above your merc BMW Audi.

The reason why it jus seems lower appeal here is because they dun do what the mainstream big 3 do by bringing in low spec models to make it affordable to the masses.

Can't say for Range Rover range... But Land Rover fit and finish is epitome of British manufacturing engineering....go test a Land Rover Discovery Sport.

As it is, the AD is asking for a while lot of money for a low OMV lousier fit and finish product. 

hi vratenza, dont quite understand. you mean land rover is not worth the money? Or it's the very best that UK can offer?

Yes.... I was tongue in cheek when i made that statement. Had never been impressed with British made and designed stuff.... Owned a mini before BMW bought over the company. The mini nowadays are a far cry from the yesteryears in terms of fit finish and reliability. 

hi vratenza, dont quite understand. you mean land rover is not worth the money? Or it's the very best that UK can offer?

Yes.... I was tongue in cheek when i made that statement. Had never been impressed with British made and designed stuff.... Owned a mini before BMW bought over the company. The mini nowadays are a far cry from the yesteryears in terms of fit finish and reliability. 

i see, never owned a UK car before, so no comment. Though saw a car review of jag xe on youtube commenting on how plasticky the interior feels.

reliability can be a bit of heng suay???

Lemon product is a matter of heng suay.

A reliable product is the culmination of design, engineering and stringent manufacturing process. Not a matter of heng suay.

And yes...XE and even the F-pace have been vaulted very good drivers' car with good handling and what not. The interior fit and finish is not even in the running with Lexus not to mention the German rivals. The current owner (Tata) did not add value to the quality aspect of the brand.

i see, never owned a UK car before, so no comment. Though saw a car review of jag xe on youtube commenting on how plasticky the interior feels.

reliability can be a bit of heng suay???

Haha ok so it's bad. but anyw Land Rover is below the Range Rover altho i hvnt seen the discovery sport in the flesh cos not in the mkt now to change car. But likely next yr. need a suv for the growing family. :p

Haha ok so it's bad. but anyw Land Rover is below the Range Rover altho i hvnt seen the discovery sport in the flesh cos not in the mkt now to change car. But likely next yr. need a suv for the growing family. :p

so a 7 seater SUV? 5 seater SUV would just be like a normal sedan

so a 7 seater SUV? 5 seater SUV would just be like a normal sedan

stil dunno....guess have to wait til the time to see whats my budget and whats avail....but the full sized SUV is extremely roomy such as Lexus Rx..

Just checked with the AD, Velar will arrive around Dec, apparently they are taking order? Only Petrol models first.

↡ Advertisement