Seat Ateca

Aukang

(edited)

FR is 6sp ?

Yes the FR trim 4WD version is using the DQ250 6-speed. Oh didn't know there is a Xcellence trim for 4WD also. For Ateca, as long as the 4WD version, they use the 6-speed DSG instead of the 7-speed dry clutch one.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

Go for the FR trim if you are one of those skeptical about 7-speed DSG.

Actually even the 4WD Style variant Ateca is using the Wet 6-Speed DQ250 Gearbox,which can take up to 350Nm sufficient to handle 2litre Turbo

Got ... Wait for the Leon ST ... 

New 2020 Leon ST? or the 2018 Leon ST already OOS?

• Praise 1

Did you guys take up offer to change the leather seats?

The 4WD varient is actually not significantly pricer than 2WD. I'm just wondering with additional part to maintain, i.e. Haldex 5 system, will it be problematic in the long term. 

6 hours ago, Splinter said:

After few weeks of test driving the cars I had shortlisted, finally decided on SEAT Ateca 4WD. Waiting for good news from COE bidding. 🙂

Great, congrats!

You must have spent quite a bit of effort. If you have time, can share your car buying process?

• Praise 1

Are there SEAT stockists in Singapore? That will be one main area of concern for me if I ever consider this brand, otherwise may have to wait quite long for parts and may not be cheap.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Splinter said:

After few weeks of test driving the cars I had shortlisted, finally decided on SEAT Ateca 4WD. Waiting for good news from COE bidding. 🙂

yeah Ateca vs Karoq and what else? 
Share your thoughts

On 9/25/2019 at 12:02 PM, Splinter said:

Did you guys take up offer to change the leather seats?

The 4WD varient is actually not significantly pricer than 2WD. I'm just wondering with additional part to maintain, i.e. Haldex 5 system, will it be problematic in the long term. 

Good choice going for the 4WD variant. 

Edited by Wormee

1 hour ago, Celicar said:

Are there SEAT stockists in Singapore? That will be one main area of concern for me if I ever consider this brand, otherwise may have to wait quite long for parts and may not be cheap.

Thought they share VW parts? 

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Thought they share VW parts? 

Is that so? I didn't know that. I can see that the Sharan and Alhambra are similar but I didn't know that they are clones. But the Singapore ones may not be like that at least in the engine bay, because Alhambra is diesel and Sharan is petrol.

9 hours ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Great, congrats!

You must have spent quite a bit of effort. If you have time, can share your car buying process?

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

yeah Ateca vs Karoq and what else? 
Share your thoughts

Nice to see some active discussion today! 

My car hunt started some time in August - triggered by a series of Facebook ads on PI Mercedes Benz GLA180. It looks good and at the same time, within my means.

I started with viewing and test driving Mercedes GLA180 and Audi Q2. Coming from a full-spec kimchi car, I was surprise at the lack of equipment, e.g. blind spot detection, memory seats, keyless entry. For me, the bare minimum will be blind spot detection and keyless entry. 

That aside, I had test drove below cars:

• Audi Q2 - test drove twice
  • Skoda Karoq
  • Peugeot 3008 - The most comfortable ride out of all, the suspension absorbed road humps extremely well
  • SEAT Ateca 2WD
  • SEAT Ateca 4WD
  • Mercedes GLA180
  • BMW 216i Active Tourer - sportier ride and despite engine having less power and slower acceleration than GLA180, I can't feel a hint of underpower.

Unless upon request, I will not share too much of my driving experience of the cars as it's subjective and I do not want to create any discontentment. :)

Initially, it was between Skoda Karoq and SEAT Ateca. At similar price point for Skoda Karoq (Style) and SEAT Ateca 4WD, I was won over by SEAT's multi-link suspension and DQ250 gearbox.

BMW 216i AT was a last minute contender during car expo . Price is not too far apart (< 10k) with the attractive overtrade offered by BMW. But I am also conscious that overtrade is not a discount per se, my loan amount is still based on the retail price, i.e. higher interest.

In the end, I stayed with my decision to go with SEAT. Really appreciate the SEAT SE who has been patient with me. :)

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Splinter said:

Nice to see some active discussion today! 

My car hunt started some time in August - triggered by a series of Facebook ads on PI Mercedes Benz GLA180. It looks good and at the same time, within my means.

I started with viewing and test driving Mercedes GLA180 and Audi Q2. Coming from a full-spec kimchi car, I was surprise at the lack of equipment, e.g. blind spot detection, memory seats, keyless entry. For me, the bare minimum will be blind spot detection and keyless entry. 

That aside, I had test drove below cars:

• Audi Q2 - test drove twice
  • Skoda Karoq
  • Peugeot 3008 - The most comfortable ride out of all, the suspension absorbed road humps extremely well
  • SEAT Ateca 2WD
  • SEAT Ateca 4WD
  • Mercedes GLA180
  • BMW 216i Active Tourer - sportier ride and despite engine having less power and slower acceleration than GLA180, I can't feel a hint of underpower.

Unless upon request, I will not share too much of my driving experience of the cars as it's subjective and I do not want to create any discontentment. :)

Initially, it was between Skoda Karoq and SEAT Ateca. At similar price point for Skoda Karoq (Style) and SEAT Ateca 4WD, I was won over by SEAT's multi-link suspension and DQ250 gearbox.

BMW 216i AT was a last minute contender during car expo . Price is not too far apart (< 10k) with the attractive overtrade offered by BMW. But I am also conscious that overtrade is not a discount per se, my loan amount is still based on the retail price, i.e. higher interest.

In the end, I stayed with my decision to go with SEAT. Really appreciate the SEAT SE who has been patient with me. :)

The Ateca is supposed to have a more sporty but harsher ride, did u feel that vs the Karoq. Can feel the multi-link difference? Between 2WD and 4WD how? supposedly slower slightly

Eh no need shy lah, just give your comments on the driving experience, since u test drove quite a few.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The Ateca is supposed to have a more sporty but harsher ride, did u feel that vs the Karoq. Can feel the multi-link difference?

Eh no need shy lah, just give your comments on the driving experience, since u test drove quite a few.

Earlier, I tried to solicit feedback on GLA180 and there are some car owners who are passionate about their rides, so I didn't want to cause any discontentment. :)

Anyhow, here's my short and subjective sharing:

• Audi Q2 - Suspension was a little hard. Engine a little raspy during acceleration and I was told it's the characteristic of 3-cylinder engine. Bare car with no notable equipment except for auto tailgate and ambient light.
  • Skoda Karoq - Good ride, nothing to complain about. There's storage space throughout the car interior. 
  • Peugeot 3008 - The most comfortable ride out of all, the suspension absorbed road humps extremely well. SE is confident with the suspension, she asked me to accelerate over road hump which I did. 
  • SEAT Ateca 2WD / 4WD: Similar to Skoda, nothing to complain about. Not sure did the 4WD kick in during test drive since 4WD is on demand. My butt-o-meter gave good rating for 4WD when going over humps. On paper, 2WD has higher top speed, didn't drive fast enough to test that. :P Well-equipped with ACC.
  • Mercedes GLA180 - Engine noise is the worse out of all the cars I test drove, very hard suspension. 

For all my test drives, auto start-stop was disabled, aircon set to lowest speed with FM volume on mute. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Celicar said:

Is that so? I didn't know that. I can see that the Sharan and Alhambra are similar but I didn't know that they are clones. But the Singapore ones may not be like that at least in the engine bay, because Alhambra is diesel and Sharan is petrol.

Now Alhambra comes in 1.4/2.0 TSI. I think Vertex stopped bringing in TDI cars liao

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1