Seat Ateca

Aukang

16 hours ago, Contipro said:

seat Ateca new variant come with 8-speed auto?

why? is the DSG problematic ?

Good question - I can't find any news for the reason to switch from DSG to 8-speed gearbox sourced from Aisin.

Personally, I have no issue with my DQ250 and I haven't read any negative experience on the DSG in Ateca over here. 

Heard from my SE they are offering promo to clear existing stocks to make way for the 8spd. existing stocks consists of test cars, showroom cars and new cars. 🙂

37 minutes ago, Splinter said:

Heard from my SE they are offering promo to clear existing stocks to make way for the 8spd. existing stocks consists of test cars, showroom cars and new cars. 🙂

If anyone is looking for Seat SE, please PM me. I almost got one, except that Skoda won my business faster!

• Praise 1

Yes, they wanna clear the DSG cars in favour of the aisin transmission models. My SE offered me quite a good deal for the Ateca, but I ended up going for the Arona instead.

Because the Alsin gearbox is more reliable in the long run, and probably cheaper to produce/maintain due to high volume manufactured worldwide.

According to VWG, their strategy in terms of brand prestige and pricing is 1. Audi, 2. VW, 3. Seat and 4. Skoda, albeit Seat and Skoda car pricing are similar in Singapore. However, if you take a closer look at the features available in Seat cars, it appears better value. e.g. Seat Ateca Excellence vs Skoda Karoq Style.

In terms of dry/wet clutches, it depends on the manufacture year of the car in VWG.

29 minutes ago, Carzee said:

Because the Alsin gearbox is more reliable in the long run, and probably cheaper to produce/maintain due to high volume manufactured worldwide.

According to VWG, their strategy in terms of brand prestige and pricing is 1. Audi, 2. VW, 3. Seat and 4. Skoda, albeit Seat and Skoda car pricing are similar in Singapore. However, if you take a closer look at the features available in Seat cars, it appears better value. e.g. Seat Ateca Excellence vs Skoda Karoq Style.

In terms of dry/wet clutches, it depends on the manufacture year of the car in VWG.

I think reliability is highly subjective as Singaporeans generally drives less than 15K per year. 

Dual clutch is more expensive to maintain as u need to replace the clutch plates once it wears out...and it isn't something that can be done with a few hundred bucks. I know because i'm driving a wet clutch DCT and it's only a matter of time before i need to replace my dual clutches that will run into the thousands.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Rickster said:

I think reliability is highly subjective as Singaporeans generally drives less than 15K per year. 

Dual clutch is more expensive to maintain as u need to replace the clutch plates once it wears out...and it isn't something that can be done with a few hundred bucks. I know because i'm driving a wet clutch DCT and it's only a matter of time before i need to replace my dual clutches that will run into the thousands.

with Wet clutch there would not be so much trouble . like my colleague wet clutch travelled frequently over the jam causeway not much issue after 5 years ownership. 

However another one dry clutch have to say bye bye early due to wear on clutch plate.. Sadly.

17 hours ago, Carzee said:

however for some fun is priority, don't think Aisin is welcome in this segment. 

On 10/1/2020 at 6:17 PM, mclairs said:

Just went over to their showroom at Ubi to test drive their new sort of facelift "Ateca"

i think their exterior still pretty much the same. Full LED headlights and tail lights, but the signal for tail is halogen bulb. such a turned off.

tried to nego down to 12x,000 with guaranteed coe bid + digital cockpit. no go. The new facelift is AQ300-8F 8 Speed. not sure anyone can comment on this new gearbox?

There is total of 3 views for digital.. i only took 2 out of 3.. because the 3rd view seems to be more "entertainment-ish" showing media information more than your speed information.

The headunit is a new one already. touchscreen and more gloss.. which i think it will be a huge fingerprint magnet 

ypwM2qm.jpg

6JLthjr.jpg

color scheme looks like Audi but very nice indeed

On 12/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, Rickster said:

I can’t agree with you more.. I know of Bmw 3 series with less then 25000km on the clock but already having failure on year 4. Sounds like a weather or driving environment that’s causing a strain on the car..

thinking of buying a used 2019 Ateca ( i think with 7spd DSG )  , for those bought the similar make year ... any problems with the GB ?  how is the fuel consumption ?

7 hours ago, Lycanthrope said:

thinking of buying a used 2019 Ateca ( i think with 7spd DSG )  , for those bought the similar make year ... any problems with the GB ?  how is the fuel consumption ?

@Lycanthrope  my bad , please delete this post ... some of the post already answered my query ..please dis-regard

hi owner with Seat Ateca  .. quick question .. for those Ateca MY 2018 , registered in 2019  for Ateca 1.4 tsi style  , does the headlight comes with DRL lights (daytime running lightd)  ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, looking to get ateca. if the name of the car in SGCARMART state "SEAT ATECA 1.4A TSI XCELLENCE" , how do i know if it's 2WD or 4WD? as I would like to know if it comes with the 6sp DSG or 7sp DSG.

@Dxlim12 The New Seat Ateca come in 8 speed torque converter automatic gearbox . It is a front wheel drive car. 2WD

You can also read this review for more info: https://www.------.com/car-reviews/12312/seat-ateca-2wd-xcellence-8-speed-2020

But if you are talking about 2nd hand previous TSI version. I believe it will be using it will be using the wet 6 speed  & most likely AWD according to this review : https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1347 

Edited by kurrent
↡ Advertisement