Alfa Romeo Stelvio

inlinesix

X3 and F Pace are priced high cos of the obscene markup.

Category and size wise, these two are the competitors.

No car has good resale so go with the one that flutters your heart and drives the best.

thank you for your pointer....if comparing X3 and F Pace against Stelvio.... then the choice is obviously Alfa Romeo as it is pocket friendly among these 3 SUVs.

i had not considered X3 and F Pace is because of the pricing factor which I felt I am price out.

The 156ss was an awesome car, totally loved it and it’s the cause of me buying an Alfa previously :)

Never had any issues selling my BMWs though, of cos prices depressed. But nowhere like the Alfa lol

Yes I love the 156 but at the 5th year, the breakdown was getting too often and it inconvenient my wife sending kid to school.

the thought of them stranded in the middle of the road was unbearable and I had to forego my love.

looks like it is about time that I go back to Alfa Romeo again. 

Have been driving Stelvio for last 2+ months.

Tested a few other Brand’s that are listed, nothing comes close to driving of Alfa. Try it first ..

which variant of Stelvio you are driving ? Super or the Urus sibling ?

I thought X3 2.0, and Stelvio around the same price.

the Xline is slightly more then the Stelvio Super but personally I always preferred the Msport version if getting a BMW.

so I will compare MSport versus other choice.

that is why I look at X1 Msport vs Stelvio Super

I thought X3 2.0, and Stelvio around the same price.

the Xline is slightly more then the Stelvio Super but personally I always preferred the Msport version if getting a BMW.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

thank you for your pointer....if comparing X3 and F Pace against Stelvio.... then the choice is obviously Alfa Romeo as it is pocket friendly among these 3 SUVs.

i had not considered X3 and F Pace is because of the pricing factor which I felt I am price out.

Yes I love the 156 but at the 5th year, the breakdown was getting too often and it inconvenient my wife sending kid to school.

the thought of them stranded in the middle of the road was unbearable and I had to forego my love.

looks like it is about time that I go back to Alfa Romeo again. 

which variant of Stelvio you are driving ? Super or the Urus sibling ?

X1 is smaller than Stelvio.  In addition, X1 is FWD while Stelvio is RWD.

it rivals the Macan in terms of power. so i'm not sure how disappointing that is

for 2 weeks? how so?

Which version Euro brought in?

From sgcarmart, its 2.0 n 2.9. 7 secs n 4 secs 0-100. Tats pretty much Macan territory

2L got 2 version, 200hp and 280hp.

For 200hp version, it is not in Macan territory.

X1 is smaller than Stelvio.  In addition, X1 is FWD while Stelvio is RWD.

yes, noted on the size.

I thought Stelvio is AWD instead, same as Jaguar.

Giulia is RWD.

yes, noted on the size.

I thought Stelvio is AWD instead, same as Jaguar.

Giulia is RWD.

Correction

RWD biased AWD

• Praise 1

Correction

RWD biased AWD

I understand that the Stelvio is predominantly RWD until slip is detected. Only then is power sent to the front wheels.

I also feel that BMW X1 is a rung lower than the Stelvio in product position and not directly comparable. So too is the Jaguar E-Pace, which is a RR Evoque-derived.

Correction

RWD biased AWD

thank you , I didn't realize this.

I understand that the Stelvio is predominantly RWD until slip is detected. Only then is power sent to the front wheels.

I also feel that BMW X1 is a rung lower than the Stelvio in product position and not directly comparable. So too is the Jaguar E-Pace, which is a RR Evoque-derived.

thank you for sharing, noted the difference. 

This kinda electronic awd isn't AWD at all.

agreed and I am more than happy to know that it is actually RWD, the bias for AWD when electronic kicks in not too important for me.

Yes it is, cos it's about 200kg lighter

tested the stevio super .... it’s great except that they should have brought in the veloce version

and fortunately they didn’t....i might just signed on impulse if they did

Edited by Enye

LOL, sign on impulse is not easy on the pocket for many folks .

It is their loss.... giving consumer more choice will obviously help business.

not sure about the spec from PI, they seem to carry a Milano edition which I don't know what it means.

Neutral Newbie
On 8/20/2019 at 4:34 PM, Firehorse said:

LOL, sign on impulse is not easy on the pocket for many folks .

It is their loss.... giving consumer more choice will obviously help business.

not sure about the spec from PI, they seem to carry a Milano edition which I don't know what it means.

The milano edition is a essentially a veloce, if you will. Not much info on sgcm but the u get everything the super has + 20" wheels

Neutral Newbie
On 8/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, Felipe said:
On 8/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, Davidtch said:

Which version Euro brought in?

From sgcarmart, its 2.0 n 2.9. 7 secs n 4 secs 0-100. Tats pretty much Macan territory

On 8/13/2019 at 2:37 PM, Davidtch said:

Actually its subjective. The stelvio may be underpowered by a fair bit but being 200kg lighter, the 0-100 performance i would say is pretty close. 6.7 vs 7.2 and 5.3 vs 5.7. this is without comparing the macan turbo and stelvio qv. Plus they are very similar in size, i would say they have the same target market.

saw this beautiful suv for the 1st time at a recent roadshow in vivocity. was really attracted to its design and shape

sat inside and could feel the interior has a less premium quality compared to the germans.

if only the interior doesn't feel so tacky.....