Airline electronics ban

Civic2000

And pax so well behaved with heads in one direction only ....... i.e. the either screen or a few pop down picture tube TV's every few rows... then came the LED or LCD type

can smoke ciggies.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/canada-france-may-join-us-uk-ban-of-devices-in-cabins?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1490226240

Singapore better don't follow what others do please. It makes no sense at all. What if there are report that terrorist are planning to hide bomb with timer in laptop battery and checkin on-board flight? Like that in future ban all laptop from handcarry and checkin?

This is totally ridiculous policy for the ban..

If it really is implemented worldwide it will completely destroy Dubai as a hub.

Last week, Bloomberg reported that CX needs to sell more seats than it has in order to breakeven. Something like 123% of available seats.

SQ needs to keep up in it's game. Both hard and soft product. If you look at the ME3 carriers, most of their premium products already caught up with SIA's offerings liao.

CX having a lot of promos recently.

I guess they are still earning from the Asian routes..

then again, if I wanna fly to usa, I rather fly united/delta from Tokyo. lol

http://www.businessinsider.sg/emirates-us-electronics-ban-laptop-safety-2017-3/?utm_content=buffer25f17&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&r=US&IR=T#7sbAOgPl37ePfYEd.97

Emirates come out with creative idea just to comply with the electronics ban and yet cost as little inconvenience to passenger as possible.

Airlines are not charity organization, they also want to earn profit. This stupid trump thought that's is doing a good thing for the electronics ban, which in fact it's a bad idea.

Just hope that our relevant agencies don't see what other countries do and follow. We should follow what is good practice and not just blindly follow what other do.

Edited by Yewheng

last time SQ also cannot play movies before take off. then later, they allow, but when they play the safety video, you need to restart your movie from the start...

no leh.. if safety video it stops halfway then safety video end, it continues

no leh.. if safety video it stops halfway then safety video end, it continues

I still find the fast forward and fast rewind to be waaay too sensitive.

I still find the fast forward and fast rewind to be waaay too sensitive.

eh... you don't watch the whole show?

its the 1 x, 2 x 4 x thingy? old school

eh... you don't watch the whole show?

its the 1 x, 2 x 4 x thingy? old school

Errrrr.................sometimes watch halfway will doze off. So need to use the rewind n fast forward function. [laugh]

Am i missing some thing?

I tot since the late 90's, terrorist have been using cell phones as a detonator for their bombs. Esp Nokia phones. They dont ban cell phone but ban other electronic devices?

Hmmm................thinking of conspiracy theories.

iPhone 7 from USA ... [sly]

Must protect own interest first ... :secret-laugh:

You also did request for SIA Girls telephone numbers, right ... [sly]

:XD:

I flew before it was SIA - MSA (Malaysia Singapore Airlines)... my very first flight and TWA and Alitalia 

and they had good ol' fashioned tickets (those long papers with red carbon and blue carbons)

I good boy neber ask for girl number 1 :D    

I flew before it was SIA - MSA (Malaysia Singapore Airlines)... my very first flight and TWA and Alitalia 

and they had good ol' fashioned tickets (those long papers with red carbon and blue carbons)

post-21853-0-65549700-1490326560.jpg

Make you happy ......  girl gib me number 1  :D

• Praise 1