Honda Freed Hybrid (2017) Vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid

Erictdi

noted w tks; i booked freed hybrid liao..

mpv facelifts very slow n minor one. u see wish n mz5 u know oredi.

Congrats on your purchase and i am sure its a good one.

Which shop did u buy from?

I am just wondering if freed hybrid has the same engine and gearbox as vezel hybrid.

Both vhb and fhb have 155nm torque but bhp different. Just curious.

Edited by Black468
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Congrats on your purchase and i am sure its a good one.

Which shop did u buy from?

I am just wondering if freed hybrid has the same engine and gearbox as vezel hybrid.

Both vhb and fhb have 155nm torque but bhp different. Just curious.

To my surprise despite having same drivetrain, freed hybrid only has 135bhp n 13-Nm torque, though motor torque is at 160Nm but avail at lower rpms. I bot fr Vincar, tks to a mcfer here.

To my surprise despite having same drivetrain, freed hybrid only has 135bhp n 13-Nm torque, though motor torque is at 160Nm but avail at lower rpms. I bot fr Vincar, tks to a mcfer here.

Nice. Parts should be easily available since there are lots of vezel hybrids on the road as well.

Trust your drive will be great. Adults can sit in the 3rd row comfortably and the dimensions of the vehicle are still sleek.

• Praise 1

Nice. Parts should be easily available since there are lots of vezel hybrids on the road as well.

Trust your drive will be great. Adults can sit in the 3rd row comfortably and the dimensions of the vehicle are still sleek.

Tks bro. To think I wasn't even considering this car in my earlier hunt but then also not avail for past 1 year.. just note that if u taller 1.75m will feel abit near squatting cos seat height lower than sienta due to raised floor about 6cm more than sienta.
  • Praise 1

I have ordered Honda Freed Hybrid. Reason as it's a Honda n it has. DOHC IVTEC somemore with Battery assists.

Those who wanted a hybrid better buy now before the new cev rebate kicks in jan 2018. The hybrid car will have lesser rebate or maybe need to pay surcharge. This is one of the reason why COE is on the high side which I think it will not go down till end of the years. Those who wish to wait till the Coe to drop ton40k, it will or may not happen.

This is my perception n prediction. Anyone else got other advices?

Used to hope for coe 40k n for past 1-2 yrs but no avail. Then w recent news of projected car revenue, emission rule n car lite stuff, will take some miracle for coe to fall below 40k. Maybe will happen if car price increased so balance out since 100000k car is what median could stretch for a car. N I think garment will know how much $ ea of us have..

• Praise 1

Mz5 engine is way better, 2.0 engine. Sufficient power to go up north also.

If you go full load passengers on the freed and sienta, esp the sienta. The car will turn super underpower... Probably only can afford to go 60km/h - 80km/h the most.

Wish is good. 100% reliable but its very dated....

Mazda is offering 5 years free servicing now for most of their models. Quite a good deal. 

i agree....

Underpowered doesn't mean the car cannot go up to speed leh. It simply just mean it takes more effort and time to get to the desired speed. It's misleading when you say it can only go 60-80km/h the most.

And yes, Mz5 5yr free servicing is a pull factor for consumers to be swayed to buying it.

• Praise 1

Underpowered doesn't mean the car cannot go up to speed leh. It simply just mean it takes more effort and time to get to the desired speed. It's misleading when you say it can only go 60-80km/h the most.

And yes, Mz5 5yr free servicing is a pull factor for consumers to be swayed to buying it.

Probably 60-80km/h is another sentence liao la.... haha... u dare to travel at 120km/h with full load on a Sienta? I dare not. Safety first.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all , I would like to made a check on the above 2 mentioned Hybrid Compact MPV . Any comments on the findings I have made, is it correct or not?

The findings as follow:

1.BHP: Honda Freed Hybrid 131bhp vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid 72bhp

( I believed Sienta Hybrid BHP should be higher, anyone can clarify ?)

2. COE : Honda Freed Hybrid is CAT B vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid is CAT A ?

3. OMV : Honda Freed Hybrid more than 20k vs Toyota SientaHybrid less than 20k?

4. Downpayment Honda Freed Hybrid 40% vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid 30%?

5. Overall Size: Honda Freed Hybrid vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid, which is bigger?

6.3rd Row spacing: Honda Freed Hybrid average 1.75 m sitting still have 4-5 fingers spacing vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid 72bhp is touching the 2nd row seat?

7.Safety Features: Honda Freed Hybrid vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid ? Anyone can comment pls?

8. Pricing : Honda Freed Hybrid 113k -116k vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid is 106k to 110k

9. Which one is more worth to but for a compact MPV?

10. Will it be another hit after Toyota Sienta Hybrid?

Just wonder, how come Honda Freed and Honda Freed Hybrid have different BHP but same fuel efficiency? And Hybrid model under Cat B for COE?

Tks bro. To think I wasn't even considering this car in my earlier hunt but then also not avail for past 1 year.. just note that if u taller 1.75m will feel abit near squatting cos seat height lower than sienta due to raised floor about 6cm more than sienta.

Hey bro. How has your drive been?

How do you find the acceleration of freed hybrid?

0-100 timing good?

Supercharged

Hey bro. How has your drive been?

How do you find the acceleration of freed hybrid?

0-100 timing good?

Ha bro I haven't collected my ride. But pretty sure won't be as responsive as vezel hybrid w a higher bhp n torque.. stay tuned though

Ha bro I haven't collected my ride. But pretty sure won't be as responsive as vezel hybrid w a higher bhp n torque.. stay tuned though

I test drove friend's cars.

Freed Hybrid has a lot more power than Sienta Hybrid.

Swee.

Probably 60-80km/h is another sentence liao la.... haha... u dare to travel at 120km/h with full load on a Sienta? I dare not. Safety first.

Why don't dare to go 120km/h with full load (assume its 7pax) leh? Got safety issues which I should note? Speed, weight, suspension? Otherwise, whats the big deal?

I was thinking about shuttle, now oso considering freed

When u collecting?