Honda Freed Hybrid (2017) Vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid

Erictdi

pm-ed. iirc both the hybrid X and G models have Toyota Safety Sensing. unfortunately usually PIs dont offer test drive, but i did mine at BM [lipsrsealed]

can pm me your PI please?

↡ Advertisement

just few days ago take a ride in morning west to airport via Sienta.

later in evening airport back to west via freed.

both road noise about same,freed slightly better as it is very new car with newer tyre.

just to share what I don't like being rear passenger is lack of armrests at door for both Sienta and freed.

Which car feel more plush? As in suspension. Thanks

I found freed ride firmer than sienta.

but no bouncy like vezel.

Is it comfy enough for the freed? Or still not a good suspension feel for rear passenger?

just few days ago take a ride in morning west to airport via Sienta.

later in evening airport back to west via freed.

both road noise about same,freed slightly better as it is very new car with newer tyre.

just to share what I don't like being rear passenger is lack of armrests at door for both Sienta and freed.

Thanks for sharing!

On 8/6/2018 at 4:59 PM, Kteokteo said:

For Toyota hybrid, when you get a "check hybrid system" which likely tell you about hybrid battery issue....you can still drive. 

check the attached which i found from prius malaysia forum. as you can see when there is hybrid battery issue on a Toyota hybrid, it can replaced by module...and chances are not all will die together. Guess Toyota engineer has anticipated this and design as such.

post-103066-0-99906900-1533545888_thumb.jpg

There is a wrong concept of hybrid battery.

Please Google on Battery Balancing to learn more about these battery before buying a hybrid car.

Beside the normal deterioration of efficiency over it's life time (some claim current battery can last as long as the car and slide drop in efficiency after 10years), the battery also need periodic balancing (yearly?) to bring all the individual cell module " align" to each other.

In short, Periodic balancing of the battery is required beside the normal servicing of the petrol engine to bring back the "shiok" power.

That been said,  hybrid car do bring more enjoyment to the driving experience.

So it is really a balance of what individual want.

11 hours ago, GoodCar said:

Please Google on Battery Balancing to learn more about these battery before buying a hybrid car.

Beside the normal deterioration of efficiency over it's life time (some claim current battery can last as long as the car and slide drop in efficiency after 10years), the battery also need periodic balancing (yearly?) to bring all the individual cell module " align" to each other.

In short, Periodic balancing of the battery is required beside the normal servicing of the petrol engine to bring back the "shiok" power.

So is replacing individual modules the right thing to do? And how does one balance the batteries? 

Edited by Toeknee_33

On 3/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, GoodCar said:

The post indicated that the hybrid battery was changed once under warranty, which was why the owner did not believe that the relatively new battery would be faulty so fast again.  It turned out that the fault could be isolated to a blown battery module while the rest were fine.  In this case, the remedy to change that module should be okay.  However, this method cannot be used if the hybrid battery is already quite old (e.g. 10 years) as it is better to change the entire bank of modules.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 4/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, Zman said:

I am considering to do for Freed. During the test drive it seems weaker (according to my CFO). Any reviews from Freed owners?

Hi, where did you do the test drive?

↡ Advertisement