Artificial Intelligence /AI revolution - The next Revolution

Lala81

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which camp are you in?

• Mark Zuckerberg
    • Elon Musk

(edited)

Global HR experts already been talking about AI replacing jobs in near future.

Bankers, security guards, tellers, insurance agents, RE agents, taxi cabbies bus drivers, receptionists. These jobs will be gone in 10 years time.

Already in SG, we see driverless buses going on trials, robots replacing security guards to do patrolling, driverless cars ( this will replace taxi drivers), Uber launching driverless cars and helicopters.

In 10 years, while most of us in MCF are still alive to see, AI will become reality.

Basically if your job is a routine based, with repeated work processes day in and day out, AI can replace YOU.

What's RE agents?

OH nvm. Figured it out lol.

Edited by Lala81

Stock broking by humans is almost dead.

Ship broking by humans is still alive. In fact, there were attempts to robotize it, but all failed miserably. And the amount of emails/rate requests/indications/offers/counters going back and forth is mind boggling.

Edited by Kangadrool

I read that there are a few web sites that uses AI to offer real time chat and advising.  However, all these like fail to take off or become a hit.  To me the biggest AI implementation and impact is Google.  Btw there is the Amazon Echo and Google Home that mimics AI speaking to you.  I am considering buying it to play.

Don't buy Google home. They have started throwing in ads.

Halfway through your conversation, they will beat you over the head with some movie to watch.... some phone to buy, some cornflakes you just have to eat.

using (Google) Android phone also very creepy. [laugh]

First time I use, seems to be tracking everything I do, down to every nitty gritty movements. But, it's good to retrace back/recall your memory if you suffer from "amnesia". :XD:

I may revert to my Windows Phone soon. :D

Only Google product I like is Google Maps.

Halfway through your conversation, they will beat you over the head with some movie to watch.... some phone to buy, some cornflakes you just have to eat.

Edited by Kangadrool

I envisioned the future, we do not need to surf web or phone to purchase grocery online.

The fridge will be smart, have RFID scanning, all products will not have barcode or QR codes, will have RFID labels. We can also install the reader in our cabinet. Because not all stuff goes to fridge.

It will scan all items going in and taken out of the fridge and cabinet, record the frequency and time of use, communicate with your mobile devices app, prompting you what items to replenish.

These app will interface with online retailer apps, create the shopping list for us. Prompt us to buy Easter eggs when close to Good Friday. We just need to approve the transaction, within the next 3 hours it will be in our home.

No queue, no big trolleys no cash.

We will see demise of large format supermarket, some may survive selling fresh produce to consumer who prefer to pinch their tomatoes and poke the oranges.

We never know when these apps could be

1) watching us

2) listening to our conversation all the time.

3) know where are we

4) what are we writing.

5) who are our friends & family

6) where are we working

Remember the phone has 2 camera and microphone & GPS.

No need like all the spy movie plant tracking and listening devices.

Everyone one carry one or two phones.

Using data analytic and AI to gather collate and analyse information.

If I am a research firm, I may conduct data collection providing free app usage and once the user approve access, it virtually getting free survey.

It's sounds creepy.

Supersonic

Global HR experts already been talking about AI replacing jobs in near future.

Bankers, security guards, tellers, insurance agents, RE agents, taxi cabbies bus drivers, receptionists. These jobs will be gone in 10 years time.

Already in SG, we see driverless buses going on trials, robots replacing security guards to do patrolling, driverless cars ( this will replace taxi drivers), Uber launching driverless cars and helicopters.

In 10 years, while most of us in MCF are still alive to see, AI will become reality.

Basically if your job is a routine based, with repeated work processes day in and day out, AI can replace YOU.

The future is going to be very bleak. 

Even the world's genius say so too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30290540

Basically technology should be the one helping us, not replacing us. 

If one day, millions of people around the world are jobless because of technology, what is the rationale to have 10 billion humans in the planet? And what if this dystopian global environment give rise to WW3 due to desperation, a greater uneven rich and poor divide, etc? 

if you're using Android phone, you will already notice this.

All your movements are tracked and recorded and...... feed back to Giggle.

Your browsing preference is tracked and future news feed will be based on what you surfed.

Using most apps will require you to surrender all your rights and permissions (still don't understand why some or rather almost all apps require you to surrender your camera, photos, address books (contacts)... to them before you can use their apps even the apps got nothing to do with our photos, camera etc.

We never know when these apps could be
1) watching us
2) listening to our conversation all the time.
3) know where are we
4) what are we writing.
5) who are our friends & family
6) where are we working

Remember the phone has 2 camera and microphone & GPS.

No need like all the spy movie plant tracking and listening devices.

Everyone one carry one or two phones.

Using data analytic and AI to gather collate and analyse information.

If I am a research firm, I may conduct data collection providing free app usage and once the user approve access, it virtually getting free survey.

It's sounds creepy.

Edited by Kangadrool

The future is going to be very bleak.

Even the world's genius say so too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30290540

Basically technology should be the one helping us, not replacing us.

If one day, millions of people around the world are jobless because of technology, what is the rationale to have 10 billion humans in the planet? And what if this dystopian global environment give rise to WW3 due to desperation, a greater uneven rich and poor divide, etc?

Measure the value and worth of the robot job, make the company pay "income" taxes for human workers will likely to be paid.

So the government can provide full support to everyone.

Every imagine how Star Trek economy work? Food, lodging, medical, health, free travel in a sustainable manner in the spaceship.

Supersonic

Measure the value and worth of the robot job, make the company pay "income" taxes for human workers will likely to be paid.

So the government can provide full support to everyone.

Every imagine how Star Trek economy work? Food, lodging, medical, health, free travel in a sustainable manner in the spaceship.

Star Trek economy is a dream.

But elites and elitism are realities. There will always be people who want to be on top of the hierarchy and these people will always have invisible forces to ensure the masses will not overtake them, in order to have the power to control. The rich continues to be richer, and the poor continues to be poorer. Unless nature kills the greed factor in humanity. 

There are reports that the first trillionaire will come within decades. It's really sad. 

if you're using Android phone, you will already notice this.

All your movements are tracked and recorded and...... feed back to Giggle.

Your browsing preference is tracked and future news feed will be based on what you surfed.

Using most apps will require you to surrender all your rights and permissions (still don't understand why some or rather almost all apps require you to surrender your camera, photos, address books (contacts)... to them before you can use their apps even the apps got nothing to do with our photos, camera etc.

Yes, even the advert of MCF will have advert on sites that we surf.

When I posted something on Casio watches, the watch ads appear and keep coming in. [laugh] So they are somehow "key logging" me even though I wasn't visiting any watch site.

Yes, even the advert of MCF will have advert on sites that we surf.

• Praise 1

Star Trek economy is a dream.

But elites and elitism are realities. There will always be people who want to be on top of the hierarchy and these people will always have invisible forces to ensure the masses will not overtake them, in order to have the power to control. The rich continues to be richer, and the poor continues to be poorer. Unless nature kills the greed factor in humanity.

There are reports that the first trillionaire will come within decades. It's really sad.

Hoarders have the urge to collect items. Some store cardboards.

Elite hoarders store cash.

But a few are taking actions to share their wealth for social causes.

Supersonic

Hoarders have the urge to collect items. Some store cardboards.

Elite hoarders store cash.

But a few are taking actions to share their wealth for social causes.

It's not just about hoarding. It's about power and greed. With immerse wealth, these people has the ability to weld power to control as they use that wealth to exercise their control.

Your example of sharing wealth is also a way to show their power and exercise their control of the power(in terms of wealth).

Elites, power, hierarchy, all these exists since human existence.

I read about UBI (Universal Basic Income, not place) and the journalist stand on UBI in the Straits Times months back.

Star Trek economy is highly impossible, at least in Singapore context.

With automation and AI,

The quantity of jobs will stratify towards higher and lower end jobs with the middle segment taking a smaller section.

Low end jobs will be your services, food delivery, hairdressers, F&B outlets staff. The middle income pack will shrink significantly. 
High end jobs may increase with the new economy. But these maybe more in IT related etc fields rather than traditional things like finance, law/medicine etc.

↡ Advertisement