Passenger dragged off overbooked United Airlines plane

Count-Bracula

Unbelievable action taken after a flight was over booked. How could this have taken place when it is not anyone's fault but the airline?

The moment a screaming 'doctor' was KNOCKED OUT by cops and dragged off an overbooked United flight after he refused to leave when he was picked to give up his seat

Read here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4396986/Passengers-film-moment-police-drag-man-United-plane.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Unbelievable action taken after a flight was over booked. How could this have taken place when it is not anyone's fault but the airline?

The moment a screaming 'doctor' was KNOCKED OUT by cops and dragged off an overbooked United flight after he refused to leave when he was picked to give up his seat

Read here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4396986/Passengers-film-moment-police-drag-man-United-plane.html

Wow. Sick b**tards.

I thought in a normal overbook situation, they won't even let you board the flight? For them to have to kick someone off the plane means the procedure is damn screwed up.

United should have increased the offer to $1k ...

Just saying [idea]

Yeah. 1k not enough then 1.5k and so on.
  • Praise 1

Once took this farked up airline. Ask the stewardess to request the front passenger to move his seat upright during meal time. She bloody ignored me and tell me she can't do anything....never want to go to this country again unless no choice.

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Once took this farked up airline. Ask the stewardess to request the front passenger to move his seat upright during meal time. She bloody ignored me and tell me she can't do anything....never want to go to this country again unless no choice.

tell me about it. I used to fly united to minnesota because it was the only carrier that gets there with one stop.

Now I fly to SFO.... frankly the airport and border officials are just horrible. Long wait to clear, rude, even the departure home was delayed by 1 hour and getting stuck on the plane.

I never vacation in USA cuz I just hated the place from all the work trips I have taken. But I am finally taking my first vacation there is June cuz my kid keep asking me to go there since she has never been there.

Might as well get it over with. 

• Praise 4

tell me about it. I used to fly united to minnesota because it was the only carrier that gets there with one stop.

Now I fly to SFO.... frankly the airport and border officials are just horrible. Long wait to clear, rude, even the departure home was delayed by 1 hour and getting stuck on the plane.

I never vacation in USA cuz I just hated the place from all the work trips I have taken. But I am finally taking my first vacation there is June cuz my kid keep asking me to go there since she has never been there.

Might as well get it over with. 

So.... are you flying there with united?

Is this a common clause??

HOW DOES UNITED DECIDE WHO GETS BUMPED FROM OVERBOOKED FLIGHTS?

United's contract of carriage states that passengers to be forcibly taken off a flight in the event of overbooking will be 'determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.' 

That means that if you have a certain type of fare class, checked in early, have a flier status such as gold, or even just own a barely used frequent flier card, you are less likely to be bumped.

But passengers taking advantage of budget seats appear to be of less value to the airline.

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Is this a common clause??

HOW DOES UNITED DECIDE WHO GETS BUMPED FROM OVERBOOKED FLIGHTS?

United's contract of carriage states that passengers to be forcibly taken off a flight in the event of overbooking will be 'determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.' 

That means that if you have a certain type of fare class, checked in early, have a flier status such as gold, or even just own a barely used frequent flier card, you are less likely to be bumped.

But passengers taking advantage of budget seats appear to be of less value to the airline.

Where did you get this from?

I doubt any airline will have T&C saying they are going to "forcibly" take someone off.

Where did you get this from?

I doubt any airline will have T&C saying they are going to "forcibly" take someone off.

inside the dailymail link provided by TS

United CEO doubles down in email to employees, says passenger was 'disruptive and belligerent'

104223763-3ED2-CB-MunozUALCEO-121717.530

United CEO Oscar Munoz doubled down in a letter to employees on Monday evening, claiming that employees "followed established procedures" when removing a passenger from a plane because it was overbooked, and calling the passenger "disruptive and belligerent."

United had to ask several passengers who had already boarded a flight from Chicago to Louisville on Sunday evening to leave, as the airline had sold too many tickets. One man refused to leave, and United called airport officials, who forcibly removed him from the plane.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/10/united-ceo-passenger-disruptive-belligerent.html

So United is saying its passenger's fault ?  [smash] 

• Praise 1

I can understand the anger from watching the videos...  the way it was done... is inhumane.. and absolutely deplorable... 

But lets put it in perspective...  

imagine it in our context.

you book a flight to pahang.. u on the plane liao... airpline asked for volunteer to exit the plane as the need to accomodate staff to the destination airport to function properly since this can happen on an ad-hoc basis...  

if the required number of people exited... its all fine and dandy.. case close. 

however... unfortunately didnt happen...  

you end up being one of those picked to exit (supposedly random - can only assume its true at this mom in time)

would you --- exit the plane when chosen?

kick up a huge fuss and insist your right?

Personally.. i would have took the money and just drive there instead... 

Turbocharged

So.... are you flying there with united?

SFO is by SQ direct nowadays. Going there is pretty good, coming back is long 15-16 hour flight but at least I am coming home so happy.

Flew united only when I needed to go to Minnesota 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1