Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

Hyundai is clearing its existing stocks of Elantra to make way for stocks with Euro 6 compliant engine.

I asked my SE would there be any change to the engine for the new stocks, he said the engine is still the same. I guess they are controlling the emission via chip, probably surpassing the engine performance.

Hmm if thru chip or software, then probably just need inform lta certain batch,model onwards are euro 6, send one detuned car for testing
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Ermmm....what's so scary? Most of the cars in SG roads are not even Euro 5 compliant and there's no backlash.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

The euro4 cars has more robust ability to use cleaner fuel that is better fuel grade but not the other way around. I think the port injection n fuel injectors are different n so will be the valve train. The SE will say it's the same engine because no increase in cc. Even if it changes, maybe only the cat converter. It truly depends on the market segments and the fuel that is available in both countries as well as the parts per million count of the potassium content from my initial understanding

Ermmm....what's so scary? Most of the cars in SG roads are not even Euro 5 compliant and there's no backlash.

so just continue to drive for another 10 yrs and no penalty

Supersonic

Found another one. Honda Odyssey 2.4 MPV i-VTEC (EXV-S) EURO 6

Where you search this?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Our Neighbour worst,most Cars still not even Euro 1,esp Batam,most Cars still don't have "Cats".

(edited)

Euro 6 will most likely be direct injection?

which means will have default engine start/stop problem/"feature" ?

*update --> PFI engines can meet Euro 6 too, and hence not necessary have auto start/stop

Edited by TangoElite
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I heard Euro 6 Cars need a even a better petrol....

What I heard within the circle, is that petrol prices are expected to rise with the introduction of Euro 6 petrol by year end.

Supercharged
(edited)

What I heard within the circle, is that petrol prices are expected to rise with the introduction of Euro 6 petrol by year end.

Will they sell euro 5 side by side with euro 6?

Give pple the option, just like 92,95 abd 98..else cost gonna go up up!!

Edited by Spidey10
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Want to buy car, better buy now, before year end.

http://crm.wearnesautomotive.com/display.php?M=2743782&C=5f389eecf6026e3ba505e8a0ba9dc1bf&S=3612&L=47&N=1273

From January 2018, both petrol and diesel cars will cost more with the new Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES). If you're planning to get a new car, 2017 is the best time to avoid additional taxes by the government. In particular, you should consider a diesel car and here's why:

160x150_1.jpg  Rebates under Carbon Emissions-Based Vehicle Scheme (CEVS)
Take advantage of the considerable rebates that you stand to enjoy on our diesel cars under the current CEVS this year up to 31 December 2017.

160x150_2..jpg Diesel is 30% cheaper
The cost of diesel is typically at least 30% or $0.60 cheaper per litre than petrol. Based on an average annual mileage of 20,000km, you will spend only about $100 a month on fuel on the XE 2.0 Diesel.

160x150_3..jpg Kranji to Krabi on a single tank 
Diesel provides more distance travelled per litre for greater fuel efficiency. For example, the XE 2.0 Diesel allows you to travel approximately 1,300km on a single tank, i.e. from Kranji in Singapore to Krabi in Thailand, with fuel to spare.

160x150_4....jpg Fast and furious off the line 
Diesel cars provide more torque at lower RPMs, delivering a faster and more engaging drive off the line, without having to rev the engine too much.

There is therefore no better time to get a new Jaguar, especially with our special promotion of $5,000 Service Credits + 5-year Servicing + 5-year Roadside Assistance on our entire range. Visit us now for a test drive or call 6378 2626 to find out more.

(edited)

What are ppl talking about? What better petrol?

Can don't anyhow mislead ppl? The highest octane level is already 98 which is already very good for any car. But in terms of sulphur content it's a concern for the environment. Most likely NEA will be pointing that out. Introducing little to no sulphur content in diesel and petrol is really no difference when it comes to performance. It just gives out less toxic gases at the exhaust. Actually sulphur content in fuel lubricates the fuel pump.

If filtering out the sulphur content in petrol/diesel requires consumer to pay much premium it will be like those milk powder formula.....you are paying largely for marketing. So don't be fooled when ppl tell you "better fuel".

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

If come Sept/2017 there are not that many Euro 6 cars available for public to choose thereby causing people to withhold their purchases, would it then cause COE to crash? All dealers, both PIs and ADs, are trying very hard now to sell off existing rides not meeting Euro 6 standards and some not bringing in more rides before Sept. If sales volume is too low, maybe can't even fill the monthly quota thereby resulting in $10K COE level then $1k COE level after a few cycles of low sales volume from Sept till next Jan?

Too bad I realized it only after placing order for new ride. Should have waited haha.

↡ Advertisement