Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

Seems like they have become more flexible.

Hahaha...

This is what we claimed about Cheng hu.

Chut pattern when COE crash.

Someone in LTA must be kena scold because no car can be registered and COE will plunge.

Hahaha...

Someone in LTA must be kena scold because no car can be registered and COE will plunge.

We can never outplay the government and buyers are always being played by ADs, PIs and government and at their mercy when we want to buy a car here....

• Praise 1

Guess not many will be able to understand the inner freedom u have. Some will say better to keep cash in case of emergency....others will feel u can put your money for investments that can bring better returns... Thought i am not driving a new car, but my old car and house is fully paid. This also helps me in my work indirectly as my bosses know i am debt free and cant use it to chu pattern. I believe that doesn't make you complacent but it fact, it enhances your responsibility in life. Me also gen x and my wife gen y but we try not to get into unnecessary debt. At worst, no car nvrmind. Ezylink inside got money can already. Cheers...

Many do not understanding this.. I do. No Loan liability is the best feeling. If you have a million cash and at the same time have a 800k housing loan and 100k car loan.. too invest with the 1m cash to make sure the return exceeds the loan interest and make some additional return will be too stressful.

Might as well pay off the liability in all and have a 100k spare cash and start savings.

If one has 2m cash and a 800k home Loan and a 100k car Lian then that's a different story as he can investment $1m cash with lesser pressure and keep another 1m as buffer for re entry into market as liquidity, or simply pay off liability when all fails.

I think many falls into the category of the sample A of nett asset = (cash+investment+property)-loans (property+car)

If the Loan amount is still significant, maybe should consider reducing it before taking more loans, especially car Loan where there are zero investment return value and has high interest cost.

Lose job in market then jialat jialat

• Praise 3

I thoughtthat was the stance since day 1. No wonder all Pi wanna cleared it before Sept 1

What I translate from the letter is all cars that these PI or AD brought in earlier and had been previously passed inspection need not go for re-inspection again.

Looks like the Euro 6 standard is more for those cars that are arrived our shores just 01 sept.

Hahaha...

I'm not surprised.

Many do not understanding this.. I do. No Loan liability is the best feeling. 

I agree, but it might not be the best thing to happen as the threshold to change the car is lowered significantly.

Personally I managed to pay off the loan on my previous ride just before third year of ownership. Was feeling quite good for awhile. But then started to feel the itch to get new car as the new car cost does not look so daunting now that I have big balance from sale of existing car to cover the new loan. If the loan was not paid up, I would be held back as the total sum to pay would be much bigger. And my logical mind would tell me not to go ahead. Just my experience. 

• Praise 2

Many do not understanding this.. I do. No Loan liability is the best feeling. If you have a million cash and at the same time have a 800k housing loan and 100k car loan.. too invest with the 1m cash to make sure the return exceeds the loan interest and make some additional return will be too stressful.

Might as well pay off the liability in all and have a 100k spare cash and start savings.

If one has 2m cash and a 800k home Loan and a 100k car Lian then that's a different story as he can investment $1m cash with lesser pressure and keep another 1m as buffer for re entry into market as liquidity, or simply pay off liability when all fails.

I think many falls into the category of the sample A of nett asset = (cash+investment+property)-loans (property+car)

If the Loan amount is still significant, maybe should consider reducing it before taking more loans, especially car Loan where there are zero investment return value and has high interest cost.

Lose job in market then jialat jialat

Sadly, not many ppl will see it this way... Doesn't matter pocket not enough money....if possible, New car big car branded car more important...take loan nvr mind... Mindset is still got tmr to earn money to pay loan..

I agree, but it might not be the best thing to happen as the threshold to change the car is lowered significantly.

Personally I managed to pay off the loan on my previous ride just before third year of ownership. Was feeling quite good for awhile. But then started to feel the itch to get new car as the new car cost does not look so daunting now that I have big balance from sale of existing car to cover the new loan. If the loan was not paid up, I would be held back as the total sum to pay would be much bigger. And my logical mind would tell me not to go ahead. Just my experience.

itchy backside is heart and mind bro

got money every 1-3 years can change car

no money ... whether take loan or not ... no way to change car

those who buy full cash means the money is "disposable" income ... can anytime buy and forget it ... what to worry?

I would one day get my childhood dream car... now in my 40s and realise the one car that makes me turn my head is still the same car model.. many generations of the same car models later, I still turn my heads when ever I see a 20 year, 10 year or new model.

But didn't turn my heads to see other Super cars.. my childhood dream car.. in the next 3 years after I settle housing loan.. will come to you..

I would one day get my childhood dream car... now in my 40s and realise the one car that makes me turn my head is still the same car model.. many generations of the same car models later, I still turn my heads when ever I see a 20 year, 10 year or new model.

But didn't turn my heads to see other Super cars.. my childhood dream car.. in the next 3 years after I settle housing loan.. will come to you.. ð

But can only afford a parf car cannot afford brand new ð

3 years later but you and keep you until I'm 70 years old and sell you off when I can't drive to another car lover..

Porsche 911 ah?

Porsche 911 ah?

That's the only car model that has the same car model after decades.. unlike other cars having so many different numbers until so difficult to recognise what model are the cars.

Most boys will know a 911 porky and they grow up it's still a 911 porky but just wondering which year.. but will know it's 911.. so classic

Same like owning a classic or new mini.. still a Mini

itchy backside is heart and mind bro

got money every 1-3 years can change car

no money ... whether take loan or not ... no way to change car

those who buy full cash means the money is "disposable" income ... can anytime buy and forget it ... what to worry?

My income definitely not that high lah. Just that managed to convince myself that the dealer had offered a higher-than-expected trade-in for my previous car, the dream ride will cost more if buy next year due to CEVS, low interest rate now, and really wanting that ride. But if I had not redeemed the loan few months back, most likely would not have proceeded due to large cash outlay required haha. Really hesitated for awhile.

That is why to me fully redeemed loan is not a good thing.

• Praise 1

I'm looking to buy a Honda Civic (registered in 2007) with 5 yr coe renewed becoz my current car is close to 10 years and looking to change it. Will the euro 6 emission rules affect the car I'm buying ?? Do I lost any rebate or have to pay any surcharge?? I tried to google all this info but cannot find it. Thanks in advance

I'm looking to buy a Honda Civic (registered in 2007) with 5 yr coe renewed becoz my current car is close to 10 years and looking to change it. Will the euro 6 emission rules affect the car I'm buying ?? Do I lost any rebate or have to pay any surcharge?? I tried to google all this info but cannot find it. Thanks in advance

If I'm not wrong the rule affects new cards, doesn't affect existing cars owned.

Affect nothing,just 10% Road Tax loading up to 50% in the 5th Year,also every Year Inspection needed,if your current followed you for 10 years,why not extend its COE for 5 Years rather than buy others unknown History 10 years old Car.? [confused]

• Praise 1