Police raid offices of FAS, 3 football clubs

Carbuyer8989

I also don't know. In the first few days of the disclosure, he sure looked like the good guy exposing a possible wrong doing but as more has surfaced, he has backtracked and some of what he said is contradictory like he said he didn't know what the donation was for etc. and that's why I feel he has scored an own goal.

I supposed he wanted to exposed this saga to put the opposing LKT team in bad light as quite a few of them served on the outgoing FAS Board but think it has backfired on him.

Team LKT got many lawyers in the committee.

No wonder all keep quiet and act blur.

After investigations, most probably bo taiji or slap on the wrist lah.

Mis-use $500K only.

CHC $50 millions also 3 years nia.

↡ Advertisement

From what I read, FIFA statutes doesn't allow government intervention in the local football association positions and hence the calling of elections as previously FAS appointments were appointed by government. As such, government intervention will not be allowed and FIFA could ban Singapore from all their football activity if govt is still involved in FAS appointments.

What goes on and gets publish in the news are for show only. The real gerrymandering is far below the currents and not for us commoners to know. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Thats why our support for EPL, Seria A, La Liga, or maybe even MLS, Dutch leagues etc is stronger than S-League.. Ermm.

Simi govt politics in football which is 100percent due to govt also... Its all run by useless clowns so far as far as I can see and feel....

This sport is not given the correct fundings, run by non football passionate clowns and played by severely underpaid players and watched by almost a non existence crowd

Besides good leadership and infrastructure, if the trend of good junior players hanging up their boots in order to focus fully on their studies continues, having a good decent national team is just a pipe dream.

• Praise 2

Close down FAS meams 100% end of world Cup dream for singapore. Are we okay with that? Government not easy man, also need to take care of political point of view..

I would say... Dream on!

We might be able to be at the play off if they increase the number of teams to 120 from current 32(?).

• Praise 2

Besides good leadership and infrastructure, if the trend of good junior players hanging up their boots in order to focus fully on their studies continues, having a good decent national team is just a pipe dream.

Also, the applause, accolades and appreciation for scoring goals doesn't put food on the table.

Zai finally buey lun liao...

-------

From ST:

SINGAPORE - A week after the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) claimed that Zainudin Nordin had asked Tiong Bahru FC chairman Bill Ng for a $500,000 to be made to the Asean Football Federation (AFF), the former FAS president broke his silence.

Zainudin, who is also said to have business links with Ng, told the Today newspaper on Saturday (April 22): "Mr Bill Ng and I are not business partners and we do not have any business dealings."

The local football fraternity is gearing up for its inaugural council election on April 29. Ng is leading a slate called the Game Changers to challenge a team led by former FAS vice-president Lim Kia Tong.

On Wednesday night, national sports agency Sport Singapore made a police report on the possible misuse of funds at Tiong Bahru.

On Thursday, that prompted investigators from the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) to seize documents and computers from Tiong Bahru's clubhouse as well as Hougang United and Woodlands Wellington. The FAS office in Jalan Besar Stadium were similarly raided.

Ng is also the chairman of Hougang and had previously mooted a merger between the Cheetahs and Woodlands before it was ruled out for being unconstitutional.

Ng, his wife Bonnie Wong Yuk Ying, Zainudin and FAS general secretary Winston Lee were all interviewed by the CAD.

Zainudin was the FAS chief from 2009 until 2016. The former Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC MP stepped down from politics in 2015.

He said: "I had all this while hoped that the election will proceed smoothly and fairly, and thus chose not to make any statements.

"As things had turned out, I am now giving the authorities all the help for their investigations and I will do everything to help put this behind us.

"My wish is for Singapore soccer to do well which has been my passion and devotion all these years."

actually who are the jokers that decide eligibility for election? they should be made responsible for any wrong doing of current team since they cleared them.

Otherwise, why should they decide who can and cannot contribute?

Must be fake news - how can a well paid MP be misusing public funds?  We have been assured paying them well would prevent such things..... (affairs of the heart is something money cannot prevent though).   [laugh]

eh ... ex-MP not counted right?

i thought that CHC gang already checked in to changi chalet no more scandal to kaypoh liao ... LOL

post-7984-0-47195600-1493179243_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

After all the hype, still the incumbent won.

Will Singapore soccer be any different?

Later they all act blur say dunno again.

From ST:

FAS council 2017-2021

President: Lim Kia Tong

Deputy president: Bernard Tan

Vice-presidents: Teo Hock Seng, Edwin Tong, S. Thavaneson, Razali Saad

Council members: Dinesh Nair, Forrest Li, Darwin Jalil, Lim Tong Hai, Rizal Rasudin, Yakob Hashim, Michael Foo, Kelvin Teo

http://str.sg/42N8

↡ Advertisement