COE Bidding – 2nd Round of April 2017

Carbon82

Supercharged

Cat C drop 19k now.

Next mth start 6x extra quota. Drop to 10k??

I think most of the ppl here care more abt Cat A and B..... 

cat c only 500 plus bids. next month quota got 2k plus, if bid nv meet quota means coe will be $1???

I think some how or rather it will not be $1 lar, if not the government money come from where??

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i think next round commercial vehicle coe cheaper than motorcycle coe

:D

So can I expect cheaper food costs, delivery costs and even lower property prices (concrete, steel columns, construction workers all ferried/delivered by lollies) due to cheaper transportation? [mad]

Edited by Kyrios

Turbocharged

Cat C drop 19k now.

Next mth start 6x extra quota. Drop to 10k??

Now: 161 up for grab per bidding

Next month: 1084 up for grab per bidding 

i think next round commercial vehicle coe cheaper than motorcycle coe

Considering to sell my car and change to a van! 

Bigger, cheaper, not scare people open door get dent, no need to wash and polish  [laugh]

Oh, forgot to add, during MU can still use as Uber bus!  [laugh]

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 4

Whilst u do have a valid point that controlled bidding like in Cat C this round resulted in much lower COE prices, u have to remember that it is controlled cos everyone knows that there will be bountiful Cat C COEs from next bidding onwards hence the dealers controlled their bids.

This is not the case in normal bidding cycles, categories and hence it's to each his own so which dealer wants to control their bidding? Every man for himself is likely the case so as much as I hope that every dealer thinks like u, I'm afraid that is unfortunately wishful thinking.

Agree! I also think it's too simplistic to draw a conclusion based on the bidding of cat C today - to say w certainty that dealers are controlling the coe price.

Everyone knows the huge surge in cat C supply from next month onwards. Hence, the subdued bidding in this SPECIFIC cat.

Agree! I also think it's too simplistic to draw a conclusion based on the bidding of cat C today - to say w certainty that dealers are controlling the coe price.

Everyone knows the huge surge in cat C supply from next month onwards. Hence, the subdued bidding in this SPECIFIC cat.

Exactly! If I'm a Commercial vehicle dealer, I wont be so stupid as to bid $45k when I know I can get it much cheaper next month so obviously I down bid knowing fully well that next month there are 6 times more COEs. 

Anyway, it's all about demand and supply. As long as there is more demand than supply, which dealer will co-operate with another when my livelihood is at stake?

Edited: To add on, what benefit does dealers have to control the bidding? All money goes to govt coffers anyway so dealers just interested to sell and put their vehicles on the road, they don't get a cut of the COE money. 

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic

Considering to sell my car and change to a van! 

Bigger, cheaper, not scare people open door get dent, no need to wash and polish  [laugh]

Oh, forgot to add, during MU can still use as Uber bus!  [laugh]

you no scared that toyota wish park beside your new van and rubba in and out for 15 mins?

• Praise 1

As long as Uber/Grab don't come in and bid aggressively, all Cats shd drop cos demand has been falling.

As the cat A COE were stabilizing around 52k and my car expiring next month, i went in last week to book a car with 1BG and got the coe today.

My PI actually told me that for those can wait, try to tahan until Q3 as most of dealers will be trying to clear their 2016 cars and the price will drop.

As the cat A COE were stabilizing around 52k and my car expiring next month, i went in last week to book a car with 1BG and got the coe today.

My PI actually told me that for those can wait, try to tahan until Q3 as most of dealers will be trying to clear their 2016 cars and the price will drop.

Even dealers want to clear stock but the coe still stay high, car price also difficult to drop much la.

Edited by 13177

Sep onwards petrol cars need to be Euro6.. so prob those older specs engines need to clear by Aug...

Diesel passengers prob another round to clear by dec'17

Hypersonic

Cat C COE price - $26,501, a drop of $19K

Major distributors reduced prices of cat C vehicles by $20K a week ago.

Clear coincidence?

Crystal clear evidence that dealers control COE prices.

Dealers have certain budget for COE at each bidding and will not exceed it to maintain their profit margins. This in a way like dealers keep 'manipulate' it within the range.

Dealers are adjusting the cat C now for the huge discount on C vehicles. Multiple folds increase in cat C will subsequently meet with increase in demand by those need to replace their scraped vehicles. If demand get stronger, cat C will rebound probably to recover 30%-50% of loss from today bidding then dealers will increase C vehicles to fight for COE and soon back to $40k - $50k again. I think LTA has that in its budget.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2