Solar Film - 3M, CoolnLite, Zen Tint, Vkool

villan

Hi All,

Have shortlisted the above.

Zen is half the price of the other 3 brands (3M, Coolnlite, Vkool) though but not sure if it performs as well.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Zen is half the price of the other 3 brands (3M, Coolnlite, Vkool) though but not sure if it performs as well.

Wah... got searched whether got old threads or not? Later kanna ...  :a-shoot:

I'm going to tintsycool this Sat to do for my new car.

I've not heard of Zen. 3M crystalline is not bad. CoolnLite i've heard of, but didn't find out too much. V-kool is good, but some have expressed concerns as it's metallic in nature, so might interfere with the GPS signal wor...

Tintsycool films claims to block 99% IR, and it also reject one group of UV light that other films don't block.

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Im using 3M , its not bad , but a bit pricy cos of its brand.

(edited)

Besides brand, the installer also very important. Multiple factors: poor workmanship, poor attention to detail i.e leaving micro-bubbles behind, dusty environment. All these will contribute to micro-bubbles, the air trapped heats up in our hot sun causing early delamination.

Same thing with PPS, it's not just about the product.

Edited by synthez

Used Zen for 2 cars in the past. Cheap and effective. Under hot sun sure can feel the difference.

My last 2 rides all come with Vkool which I some how feel not as good. But free so not complaining.

But a lot of people always feel they need to pay a lot of money to feel that the item is good, so they will bash this as not willing to venture out of comfort zone. I would suggest you try out Zen for once for yourself as it is very cheap like only half price of other brands, but really effective in blocking out heat. I have such confidence in this that if my next ride does not have solar film done, Zen tinting it will be. Cheers.

Friend intro Zen to me, quote seem acceptable. When get my car, will go install.

Ya true, workmanship still very important despite the flim quality. 3M seem to ex for me. Vcool not sure, coolnlite just heard off now.

Friend intro Zen to me, quote seem acceptable. When get my car, will go install.

Ya true, workmanship still very important despite the flim quality. 3M seem to ex for me. Vcool not sure, coolnlite just heard off now.

Supercharged

What is the full name of Zen? How much is the installation package?

Zen Car Services

• Praise 1

Atrecord,

Update us your finding after using it.

Thanks bro

Interim update only, as the past week has been more wet than hot, so i can't really tell whether the film is really fantastic as claimed by the specs.

I didn't feel any heat except on 2 days, after work, as it had rained on a few days. On the 2 days, heat was not those unbearable type as could be felt in the past, when I was driving my old car without any film.

There were some dust at one corner of the sunroof after the installation, which I think was due to careless handling when they peeled off the 'sticker' just before installation. I went back on Thur to show them, and they replaced it after a short discussion.

Will update again once I have a chance experiencing it in the hot sun, maybe tomorrow.

• Praise 1

Have 3M, RikeCool & Vkool thus far and all thrown in as part of the car package by ADs. Generally quite happy with the heat rejection for all 3. As shared in another thread, the RikeCool Platinum Series installed on the panoramic roof is effective in cutting out the heat.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2704612-random-pics-of-your-car/page-6?do=findComment&comment=6121336

• Praise 1

(edited)

Was using Tintsy Cool for 2 years. Recently kena stone hit and cracked my windscreen. So gave 3M Crystalline a try after doing some research. 

Looking at the 3M brochure, I found that 3M is more honest and openly stating the range of infrared it was tested, provided the Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) values and the SPF of 1000 (read some website that V-kool SPF was only 200+). Other solar film brand just tell you about their performance in a selected small spectrum of the IR, which is more like a sales gimmick. 

Do note that all the Infrared rejection (IRR) measured is only a portion (900-1000nm) of the whole IR spectrum (750-2500nm). So don't just relay on the IRR figures provided, need to look at TSER that covers the UV+visible light+infrared (from 100-2500nm). 

When compared with Tintsy Cool, remember that the IR meter that Tintsy used is just to measure from 900-1000nm only, giving it IRR 99%. But Tintsy has no info on the TSER. Also to my horror, Tintsy Cool UV rejection is only 97%, not the 99.9% claimed when measured. 

When I at 3M, they used the similar IR meter and the CR90 clocked 97% IRR and CR70 clocked 99% IRR. Also after installing, I compared the 3M Crystalline on my windscreen to Tintsy Platinum 99 on window glass, the 3M is visually clearer. I also realised Tintsy darker tint on my rear screen has this slight hazy tint...  

(Repeating what I post on another thread) Also one very important thing is only 3M Crystalline and V-Kool will reflect IR. V-Kool uses metallic particles to reflect, thats why interfered with ERP IU signal. 3M Crystalline uses proprietary, multilayer optical film Nano-technology that combines over 200 layers to reflect IR. Other brands uses nano ceramic to block IR and thus absorb the heat in the progress. 

Just providing my limited view. Cheers. 

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

Looking to cut heat from panoramic roof yet don't reduce the brightness into the car much. Any recommendations on the type of film and workshop? TIA

Supersonic
(edited)

Interested to do a wrap on my car roof. first time doing so source for advices here. I plan to get those glossy type thus to make it like glass roof. Btw mine is one year old new car.

Will the wrap last for years. How about the life span of those roof wrap? Also will the colour faded with rain/sun/dusk/washing over times? Another concern how about the edges of those wrap. Example the front edge on top of the windscreen will it peel off with mileage clocked?

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement