Solar Film - 3M, CoolnLite, Zen Tint, Vkool

villan

7 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Any sifu daigor install photochromic solar film?

Please share experience 

Thank you 🤝🤝🤝

My friend did. Gotta wind down the windows when going for inspection or when stopped by LTA.

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

My friend did. Gotta wind down the windows when going for inspection or when stopped by LTA.

you mean it is illegal?

tot if we stopped under flyover it will turn clear?

• Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

you mean it is illegal?

tot if we stopped under flyover it will turn clear?

That is if it turned clear.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
On 3/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, Discoburg said:

Same as spectacles, the problem is, the cheaper the film, the longer it takes to go back to clear.  

First generation transition took like 20 mins to go back clear.   Nowadays they will offer u different price point, super expensive ones will be faster like 10 mins.

So if you go inspection after lunch... GG. Go just before closing, sun alr set. 

Don't confuse tint and heat reduction. These are similar yet different properties. You can install a total black film hopeless at heat reduction. 

Edited by Normanlai

5 hours ago, Normanlai said:

Same as spectacles, the problem is, the cheaper the film, the longer it takes to go back to clear.  

First generation transition took like 20 mins to go back clear.   Nowadays they will offer u different price point, super expensive ones will be faster like 10 mins.

So if you go inspection after lunch... GG. Go just before closing, sun alr set. 

Don't confuse tint and heat reduction. These are similar yet different properties. You can install a total black film hopeless at heat reduction. 

Think nowadays all Drivers will know that darkness doesn’t equate to better heat reduction properties.

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Think nowadays all Drivers will know that darkness doesn’t equate to better heat reduction properties.

geylang lampo farali all heavily tinted 😬😬😬

• Sad 1

Neutral Newbie
On 3/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, Discoburg said:

Not all. Many people around me still complain that due to silly regulation their car cannot be less hot as the film must be over 70% transmission. All the cars in Malaysia are blackout for heat reduction. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Normanlai said:

Not all. Many people around me still complain that due to silly regulation their car cannot be less hot as the film must be over 70% transmission. All the cars in Malaysia are blackout for heat reduction. 

Dude, you gotta hang out with normal folks man.

Haha just kidding.