2017 Skoda Karoq

Carbon82

Karoq Ambition equipment list is disappointingly poor. No leather seats, LED headlights and useful safety features. Those on a budget should really consider jap/Korea brands that offer better specs and value.

Meanwhile Karoq Style is overpriced given the wide range of better value suvs in the market currently. Not for discerning buyers.

Skoda did well with its Kodiaq 1.4. But I think they got it all wrong with the overall package of Karoq with the current COE environment in mind.

When Skoda was reintroduced here again after absence of many years, their selling point was full or generously specced car at fair price which continued even for the recently launched Kodiaq 1.4l but seems they now moving away from this after a few mths of consolidation?

A pity if this is indeed the case cos I know of some Skoda skeptics who embraced the brand due to the high specs offered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Karoq Ambition equipment list is disappointingly poor. No leather seats, LED headlights and useful safety features. Those on a budget should really consider jap/Korea brands that offer better specs and value.

Meanwhile Karoq Style is overpriced given the wide range of better value suvs in the market currently. Not for discerning buyers.

Skoda did well with its Kodiaq 1.4. But I think they got it all wrong with the overall package of Karoq with the current COE environment in mind.

Interesting thing is that the Karoq Ambition specs are really similar or slightly better than the ever popular Nissan Qashqai, while the price is similar as well... yet everyone is buying a Qashqai out there... =P

• Praise 2

The OMV of Karoq Style is $4k more than Ambition. So buyers are essentially paying $10k more for the Style for $4k worth of equipment.

It is the TAX component by our lovely authority

Tax component on the additional OMV is not so high. U can read up on LTAâs website and work out the ADâs profits yourself. :)

ARF for the difference is $5.6k?

If that the case the additional profit is abt $500?

Pls advise. Thanks

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 1

Pls advise. Thanks

According to the website, the ARF is $5k more for ambition. Buyer pays $10k..so the rest goes to Skoda...
  • Praise 1

According to the website, the ARF is $5k more for ambition. Buyer pays $10k..so the rest goes to Skoda...

But skoda singapore need to pay $4k more for the car right?

So $4k plus ARF of 5k is 9k.

10k minus 9k is equal 1k addictional profit right?

Sorry huh new to this

• Praise 1

How u know Skoda Singapore pays $4k more for the car? All these info not available to public one. If it bothers you, try asking an insider from Skoda about their margins.

But skoda singapore need to pay $4k more for the car right?

So $4k plus ARF of 5k is 9k.

10k minus 9k is equal 1k addictional profit right?

Sorry huh new to this

Pls advise. Thanks

My interpretation and calculation same same as yours leh ....... 

Maybe both of us can't count for nuts !! No wonder I struggle in Accounting during Uni days  [laugh]

How u know Skoda Singapore pays $4k more for the car? All these info not available to public one. If it bothers you, try asking an insider from Skoda about their margins.

Of course I won’t know but base on calculation am i in the right track? Sorry math no good.

If so hoh what other agent paid to their principal is oso not the OMV declared? Then hoh every agent their margin we also won’t know right?

Care to share your experience on this?

ah..... means you have info of the exact OMV amounts! Please do share  [thumbsup] So potential buyers can make informed decision. Thanks !!! 

Cos we based it on sgcarmart article. 

Edited by Othello

My interpretation and calculation same same as yours leh .......

Maybe both of us can't count for nuts !! No wonder I struggle in Accounting during Uni days [laugh]

Died loh we no study well.. if not we drive high SES car liao.. lucky we not fashionable lah

ah..... means you have info of the exact OMV amounts! Please do share  [thumbsup] So potential buyers can make informed decision. Thanks !!! 

Cos we based it on sgcarmart article. 

post-1137-0-29896300-1542095094_thumb.png

wrong, we based it on what HE WROTE HIMSELF! Then he go and talk about their profit margins ?!?!? I'm really lost liao leh ..... 

4K OMV difference = 9.6K additional taxes. SCS only profit $400 more !!!! How dare they ?? 

When Skoda was reintroduced here again after absence of many years, their selling point was full or generously specced car at fair price which continued even for the recently launched Kodiaq 1.4l but seems they now moving away from this after a few mths of consolidation?

A pity if this is indeed the case cos I know of some Skoda skeptics who embraced the brand due to the high specs offered.

In the past few AD, they are small fly. Now is VW. Just like Past Mazda AD sell their car cheaper. After change to The new Conti car seller AD, price is not as attractive as before.

To add on, this car omv is 23/24k and 27/28k respectively, how cheap can they sell?

Current price too ex. I feel the style should sell 10k cheaper. For this price, I guess seat ateca seems a better buy

Before the arrival of this AD, all superb come with premium speaker. Now they divided into few trim and only the L&K trim come with it. Why?
  • Praise 2

In the past few AD, they are small fly. Now is VW. Just like Past Mazda AD sell their car cheaper. After change to The new Conti car seller AD, price is not as attractive as before.

If sell cheap how to afford their new showcase/workshop in West wor!  [:p]

Anyway with a 10K different between the Ambitious and Style, this different is really not alot.. beside the agent need to have extra overhead in spares/training etc for a mere small profit. 

Style trim is about 10k higher than Ambition in cost price (before profit)

Basic cost of ambition

22672(OMV) X 2.27 + 2672 X 0.4(Tier OMV tax) + 32000(COE)
= 84,534

Basic cost of Style

26324(OMV) X 2.27 + 6324 X 0.4(Tier OMV tax) + 32000(COE)
= 94,285

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7