2017 Skoda Karoq

Carbon82

skoda follows VW servicing intervals. for majority of average mileage drivers, 1 service per yr, instead of the japanese 6 mth/10,000 km cycle...

As you can see, Skoda AD made insane amount of profit for each car... This is expected since they are expected to be tiny vol seller... 

And their warranty period is so miserable by today's standard... 5yrs, 100000km warranty only (which I believe comes with lots of ** in disclaimers) , and 3 free svcs instead of the industry norm 3 or 5 yrs. 

三年无发市, 发市顶三年.... read this in Cantonese and you know what I mean... 

This is why PI cars often offers better value for money.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Huh? An india car brand now still think high & mighty about itself?

That is why i question why would they want to turn off buyer with the basic trim. They should display what is the best it could offer to catch the attention 1st.

Why India car brand is lesser than any other country brand? 

If someone were to offer you a Jag/LR at a decent price (and if you can afford it), you would turn it down?

Even iPhones are manufactured in China mate - don't be so xenophobic. 

If there is a problem, call it out to the brand not the country of manufacture! Peace!

• Praise 3

skoda follows VW servicing intervals. for majority of average mileage drivers, 1 service per yr, instead of the japanese 6 mth/10,000 km cycle...

I wouldn't want to leave ANY engine oil in the crank case for a full year just becos the manufacturer claim it could. 

Engine oil do break down over usage and time. And in sg stop/go driving and intense heat, the degradation is even more pronounced.  Only the top tier engine oil brands/models can handle such severe duty usage. The trouble is, how many ADs in SG, if any, bothers to equip themselves with tier 1 grade engine oil? 

The retail brands/models u find at respective gas stations mart are NOT tier 1 grade. 

I would take such claims with a pinch of salt.... just like some AD who claimed that there is no need to replace ATF for their gb are 'sealed for life'.

• Praise 1

sounds convincing... i'll buy what you're selling.  [thumbsup]

however, my golf drive 7 years, every yr service one time, first 3 yrs at VW, subsequently at Servotronic... now trading in for kodiaq liao.  [pirate]

I wouldn't want to leave ANY engine oil in the crank case for a full year just becos the manufacturer claim it could. 

Engine oil do break down over usage and time. And in sg stop/go driving and intense heat, the degradation is even more pronounced.  Only the top tier engine oil brands/models can handle such severe duty usage. The trouble is, how many ADs in SG, if any, bothers to equip themselves with tier 1 grade engine oil? 

The retail brands/models u find at respective gas stations mart are NOT tier 1 grade. 

I would take such claims with a pinch of salt.... just like some AD who claimed that there is no need to replace ATF for their gb are 'sealed for life'.

sounds convincing... i'll buy what you're selling. [thumbsup]

however, my golf drive 7 years, every yr service one time, first 3 yrs at VW, subsequently at Servotronic... now trading in for kodiaq liao. [pirate]

Bro, what is the best deal offer you get for Kodiaq? And for which trim/variant?

I was hoping the karoq is a real size 5 seater suv like tucson, forester, harrier, tiguan which the rear seat can easily take 3 big size man with no squeezing. Turn out it is the size of puny suv aka crossover:( example a vezel which is a jazz on steriod or rather a bigger hatch.

I was hoping the karoq is a real size 5 seater suv like tucson, forester, harrier, tiguan which the rear seat can easily take 3 big size man with no squeezing. Turn out it is the size of puny suv aka crossover:( example a vezel which is a jazz on steriod or rather a bigger hatch.

I sat in the Karoq displayed in the car show and the other small SUVs/ crossovers you mentioned.

I thought it’s more spacious than the others except vs harrier and tiguan.

Eh? Have you sat in one before? It's either u have yet to sit in one or u r super big size lol
  • Praise 2

Eh? Have you sat in one before? It's either u have yet to sit in one or u r super big size lol

Yes, i am fat and have sat one. Besides, even the SE has acknowledged to me that for 3 behind will be slighly tighter

I sat in the Karoq displayed in the car show and the other small SUVs/ crossovers you mentioned.

I thought itâs more spacious than the others except vs harrier and tiguan.

Nah, a forester can even sat 4 ppls behind. Did u try to sat 4 ppls behind in Karoq?
  • Praise 1

CX-3 is tiny.

I see Karoq as a Kodiaq without the huge boot... closer to CX-5.

In another words, am i right to said this is a Mazda CX-3 rather than a CX-5 equivalent, although the rear room might not be smaller than CX-5?

• Praise 1

In another words, am i right to said this is a Mazda CX-3 rather than a CX-5 equivalent, although the rear room might not be smaller than CX-5?

Bro, cannot be compared with cx3 la. U really sat in both before bo. I'm big size too and average man height. And I have so much leg room and head room.

My only issue with the karoq is the stupid gearbox.

Lai Lai, see the dimensions to compare. CX-5 vs Karoq.

zrI9E21.png

GT64P00.jpg

CX-3 is tiny.

I see Karoq as a Kodiaq without the huge boot... closer to CX-5.

That is also what i hope for and trying to convince myself from my heart that it is a 5 seater Kodiaq. But my head rule over

Bro, cannot be compared with cx3 la. U really sat in both before bo. I'm big size too and average man height. And I have so much leg room and head room.

My only issue with the karoq is the stupid gearbox.

May i know what wrong with the gear box? I also feel something not in place with the gearbox as compare with kodiaq amd superb when i test drive , but couldnt explain why

Lai Lai, see the dimensions to compare. CX-5 vs Karoq.

zrI9E21.png

GT64P00.jpg

4.5x1.7 m vs 4.4X1.6m . In my opinion only, height is tge major factor for me to consider as SUV

If you look at cabin space, Karoq don't seem to lose out to CX-5.

external dimension is another thing altogether...

4.5x1.7 m vs 4.4X1.6m . In my opinion only, height is tge major factor for me to consider as SUV

If you look at cabin space, Karoq don't seem to lose out to CX-5.

external dimension is another thing altogether...

Skoda cabin space always outwin other rivals

Their octavia bigger than mazda 3

Superb bigger than mazda 6

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1