2017 Skoda Karoq

Carbon82

1 hour ago, jadesun said:

hi guys im considering between the karoq and ateca. was wondering if anyone has a recommended contact for sales rep please?

Ateca is SEAT and Karoq is Skoda. So you want SE contact from which AD?

• Haha! 2

On 1/28/2020 at 2:40 PM, Daniu82 said:

Ateca is SEAT and Karoq is Skoda. So you want SE contact from which AD?

hahah was referring to Skoda SE contact since asking in karoq thread but anw got a PM already

Any satisfied (or otherwise) Karoq owners willing to share some comments on their experience?

I test drove the Karoq and really liked it except for..

1) continued concerns about *that* gearbox

2) UK websites - owner experience not great with the 1.5L model, lots of reports of jerking startoff

3) fuel economy in real world?

So would be great to hear real feedback from owners...

I have a challenge for Karoq owners, which I just found out the hard way.

Basically, battery went dead, which means you cannot open the doors, the hatch at the back, nor the hood. Good thing there is a "manual" way to use physical key to unlock the driver door. Only to find out that the hood release lever is blocked by the passenger door - and there is no way to open the passenger door from inside - in order to release the hood catch - and change or charge your battery.

So if your battery goes low or dead and can't open the passenger door - HOW DO YOU OPEN THE BOOTH?

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Ano727 said:

Basically, battery went dead, which means you cannot open the doors, the hatch at the back, nor the hood. Good thing there is a "manual" way to use physical key to unlock the driver door. Only to find out that the hood release lever is blocked by the passenger door - and there is no way to open the passenger door from inside - in order to release the hood catch - and change or charge your battery.

So if your battery goes low or dead and can't open the passenger door - HOW DO YOU OPEN THE BOOTH?

U crouch from driver side lor

54 minutes ago, Ano727 said:

Use some force to bend and pull the lever?

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

How difficult it is to open the passenger door from the inside?

With battery dead, you can’t. 

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

Use some force to bend and pull the lever?

That’s what AA and RAC in other countries suggest. Have you tried if it works for you?

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

U crouch from driver side lor

Already tried this. See earlier post. 

1 hour ago, Ano727 said:

That’s what AA and RAC in other countries suggest. Have you tried if it works for you?

Nope, never encountered this before. At most you break it, but if you don't, you'll only have a stationary car.

My worst situation so far is dead batt on my key fob. Can manual unlock door, but cannot start car as there is no residual power at all. Alarm goes weee weee weee...

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

So did u manage to resolve? 

VW/Skoda Emergency Assistance came, can’t solve the issue. In the end, sent towing services and brought car to Alexandra Service Center. I asked the technician, said they used special tool to pull the lever. 

Replaced battery under warranty. Just a bit of hassle to claim a day later due to CB. 

The location of the lever is fundamentally wrong. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, badlammy said:

Nope, never encountered this before. At most you break it, but if you don't, you'll only have a stationary car.

My worst situation so far is dead batt on my key fob. Can manual unlock door, but cannot start car as there is no residual power at all. Alarm goes weee weee weee...

Sharing so you know what happens if ever car battery dies in Karoq. Still love the car though.  😀

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Ano727 said:

VW/Skoda Emergency Assistance came, can’t solve the issue. In the end, sent towing services and brought car to Alexandra Service Center. I asked the technician, said they used special tool to pull the lever. 

Replaced battery under warranty. Just a bit of hassle to claim a day later due to CB. 

The location of the lever is fundamentally wrong. 

They cover your battery under warranty? Wow lucky you.

↡ Advertisement