Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Not when wider tyres aquaplane on the wet, which they are more susceptible to. Physics.

F1 cars shod with dry tyres perform miserably when it rains.

The teams need to pre-plan according to the weather forecast, whether their cars are to be shod with rain tyres ... plus-grip, but at the expense of speed.

Rain tyres are made of softer and 'stickier' nitrile rubber polymer, to increase the dynamic friction factor, and compensate for aquaplaning tendencies with those super-wide F1 tyres!

Rain tyres has big cutting grooves pattern that allowed water to displace faster. Normal driving cannot compare with F1 car as the heat generated from F1 is way too hot. When wheather changes from sunny to rainny day different is so huge and so different material needed. For such extreame speed the grip is most important and if you notice the tyre is bald nearly no pattern or track.

I saw the video many times I think is tailgating follow by sudden braking then aceleration that make him lost control. New features like trs and some tracking control system can prevent it

↡ Advertisement

There's no need to scold people here, especially when I didn't step on your tail yar.

And go knn you own man, you chao ah beng driver!

Chill Kingkong. I think he's quoting what the cam car driver said. Not exactly quoting your post & scolding you. Peace yar.

• Praise 5

Chill Kingkong. I think he's quoting what the cam car driver said. Not exactly quoting your post & scolding you. Peace yar.

• Praise 4

Oh man, you're right! I've totally misunderstood the posting. My bad!

Oh man, I've totally misunderstood your post and have over reacted. Sorry man!

I'll accept whatever that's coming my way, as its my bad.

And as what a bro here said, peace.

Li Seow Ah? Kah Nee Nah Hia! :D
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Haunted bent road...beware...in broad daylight...not yet ghost month ler...same starting point with two accidents...

plus its 4 wheel drive...

Even with ETC, a 4WD Subaru WRX can and will skid/spin out of control when tyres lose traction.

Imagine a car (literally) floating on a millimetre of air between the tarmac, during that momentous few seconds ... no amount of anti-skid electronics or 4WD driven-wheel rebalancing can do anything for the composite mass above the air gap!!

cant praise you yet

https://youtu.be/C4-Lbt8KHkw?t=19

Its now mandatory for Europe ...

wonder if its a case of someone smarter then a 6 year old and switch off traction control totally.

Edited by Sdf4786k

plus its 4 wheel drive...

cant praise you yet

Its now mandatory for Europe ...

wonder if its a case of someone smarter then a 6 year old and switch off traction control totally.

GOOd info, thanks for sharing..

Even with ETC, a 4WD Subaru WRX can and will skid/spin out of control when tyres lose traction.

Imagine a car (literally) floating on a millimetre of air between the tarmac, during that momentous few seconds ... no amount of anti-skid electronics or 4WD driven-wheel rebalancing can do anything for the composite mass above the air gap!!

Before the yellow signs, the subrau was accelerating. At around the first yellow direction sign, the subaru bopped up and down just a split second before skidding. Maybe that was the air gap that mattered.

Haunted bent road...beware...in broad daylight...not yet ghost month ler...same starting point with two accidents...

Same day, almost the same spot...  this is super jinx! :o

When driving on the roads, have to know :-

1. Car's limits, and

2. Driver's limits.

If driver is not able to grasp the above, best tyres and best driver aids also no use. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

https://www.facebook.com/straitstimes.stomp/videos/1589897617708341/

MPV brake there. But this subaru never brake there also lost control there. Don't think that easy to lose traction at that corner for the subaru even with bald tires.

You listed out almost all the common MPVs on the road already. Lol.

There's no real need for the painted broken and solid lines on the right of the lane.

• Praise 3

When driving on the roads, have to know :-

1. Car's limits, and

2. Driver's limits.

If driver is not able to grasp the above, best tyres and best driver aids also no use.

I am totally agree with you.

There's no real need for the painted broken and solid lines on the right of the lane.

I think otherwise.

I feel that the thicker broken lines is good, informing the driver of potentially dangerous bend. Esp at night where visibility is lower.

Just have to drive within the lines and not on the painted lines.

I agree. The correct thing to do is to put reflectors or luminous paint / stickers on the centre guard railing. Maybe trying to save cost?

Not everyone is a good driver, and these stripes help those who need lines to help them keep away from the barriers..

Just look at the Adam / MacRitchie area.. many drivers can't keep within the outer lane next to the wall, and veer into the middle lane.. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I've questioned the purpose of it before, it's just added risk as the paint is more slippery..

One more thing to add bout most drivers that get them into accidents. Bad sitting and hand position on steering wheel, macham drive in recliner position with hand like gangsta rapper. In emergency situation = zero control

• Praise 4

I agree. The correct thing to do is to put reflectors or luminous paint / stickers on the centre guard railing. Maybe trying to save cost?

It's not about costs or whatever. This has been mentioned before. Those broader lines act as a subconscious brake. People slow down when approaching them cos they think the lanes are narrower...

well generally... smart people will ease up on the throttle... but with the amount of stupidity on the roads... I can see why it's a problem for a few.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6