Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Damn... 2 cars same spot. One fatal. One almost finished the motorcyclist and the pillion.

Were there oil?

Not sure. But based ob the videos, doesn't seem normal. Other than the subaru overtaking earlier, I actually don't think they were driving recklessly as such it caused lost of control of vehicles.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Not sure. But based ob the videos, doesn't seem normal. Other than the subaru overtaking earlier, I actually don't think they were driving recklessly as such it caused lost of control of vehicles.

It could also be Conjuring part 2 Edited by Achtung

(edited)

I believe likely there was oil patch there. Apparently the Subaru floored his accelerator after overtaking, that was likely the cause of his car out of control, especially under a slippery road surface. Whereas the MPV stepped brake while swinging to the left, another different  condition that will cause the car to lose control as well. The two different situations on the same slippery spot resulted both cars to skid. The wet and slippery surrounding surface just add on to the spin and further complicate the situation.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I believe likely there was oil patch there. Apparently the Subaru floored his accelerator after overtaking, that was likely the cause of his car out of control, especially under a slippery road surface. Whereas the MPV stepped brake while swinging to the left, another different condition that will cause the car to lose control as well. The two different situations on the same slippery spot resulted both cars to skid. The wet and slippery surrounding surface just add on to the spin and further complicate the situation.

Looks like that imo too. See how they glided as they spun out. Also didn't see any smoke from the tyres caused by friction.

(edited)

I believe likely there was oil patch there. Apparently the Subaru floored his accelerator after overtaking, that was likely the cause of his car out of control, especially under a slippery road surface. Whereas the MPV stepped brake while swinging to the left, another different  condition that will cause the car to lose control as well. The two different situations on the same slippery spot resulted both cars to skid. The wet and slippery surrounding surface just add on to the spin and further complicate the situation.

The MPV was very close to the front vehicle.  When the front vehicle stepped on the brakes,  the MPV did that too but perhaps applied too much brake causing the rear to lose traction resulting in the spin.

For the Subaru,  perhaps the tyres lost traction over the painted broken lines on the right.  I thought I saw the Subaru applying brake prior to trying to compensate the traction lost before it spun. 

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 1

My personal experience with certain SUV and MPVs whose drivers commonly share the same (reckless) behaviour: Stream, Wish, Alphard, Vellfire, Vezel.

sob sob... dun like dat leh... Wish was once the most popular MPV around (all other makes of MPV added up still not as many as Wish). Even now that it's not that common, there's still quite a lot on the road. With more Wish, sure got higher chance of reckless behaviour from them, but I would hope that majority of the Wish drivers are family man (or woman), and are quite safe ones.... like me  [laugh]

Alphard, Vellfire and Vezel are likely due to drivers are chauffeurs, so little wonder there.

• Praise 2

sob sob... dun like dat leh... Wish was once the most popular MPV around (all other makes of MPV added up still not as many as Wish). Even now that it's not that common, there's still quite a lot on the road. With more Wish, sure got higher chance of reckless behaviour from them, but I would hope that majority of the Wish drivers are family man (or woman), and are quite safe ones.... like me  [laugh]

Alphard, Vellfire and Vezel are likely due to drivers are chauffeurs, so little wonder there.

just sharing my experience bro, the newer Wish is ok. it's those first gen Wish (07-09 type) that are rather reckless.

Stream... only the RSZ ones. seems like tha badge gives them more balls to drive like that.

and yes, Alphard Vellfire.. the black PHVs.. now much easier to identify them with the decals.

forgot to mention.. any one of those cars with car curtains at the driver side are also #$5#@$%.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Another extremely reckless PHV caught on camera... when will they ever learn...  [mad]

Some of the PHVs are also ex-taxi drivers who turned in their cabs.....for a regular looking sedan..

• Praise 3

Twincharged

just sharing my experience bro, the newer Wish is ok. it's those first gen Wish (07-09 type) that are rather reckless.

Stream... only the RSZ ones. seems like tha badge gives them more balls to drive like that.

and yes, Alphard Vellfire.. the black PHVs.. now much easier to identify them with the decals.

forgot to mention.. any one of those cars with car curtains at the driver side are also #$5#@$%.

In one post you mentioned all 3 cars I drive regularly.  [bigcry]  Not all reckless la. I never got summon before ever since i started driving.  [:p]

• Praise 5

In one post you mentioned all 3 cars I drive regularly.  [bigcry]  Not all reckless la. I never got summon before ever since i started driving.  [:p]

ya bro confirm not all are like that. it's an observation nia, not an accusation.

my apologies to any one of those that feel offended by my observation  [angel]

• Praise 3

The old thread was 9 years old already

Continue here

adding last reckless post

This 2 year old toddler is super lucky to be alive after having 2 SUV driving over her. Can't really blame the drivers as the girl is exactly at the vehicle's blind spot. All drivers, do take note of your surrounding as much as possible. You may just save a live...

Is the mother wrong.. Should look after her..

If never drive on right lane is not a hogger.

If people claim they are not hoggers just don't drive on right lane and confirm can never be a hogger.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2