Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Looking at the photograph of the earlier PIE fatal accident, not sure which scenario happened.

My take is scenario 2.

Anyway hope rider :a-rip:

post-5981-0-80288100-1502182643_thumb.jpg

post-5981-0-89035100-1502182654_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Is there mention of a couple behind? One passenger "crawled" out - male or the same female passenger?

The report is not very clear... If indeed another PHV, it is about time LTA buck up and impose more stringent requirements on the drivers.

There will be unintended consequences - the officers may secretly dig up the roads at night and then self-report, improving their KPIs.

Like the Italian firemen setting off fires recently.

The CNA report had stated that there was a married couple in the car ...

"The other motorcyclist, a Malaysian, and a married couple in the car were taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. The driver of the car is in his early thirties."

But it did not distinguish whether the driver of the car is the woman's husband (i.e. the child's father), or the PHV driver!

• Praise 1

Mitsubishi Lancer.

Hope not another PHV.

Nowadays defensive [drivingcar] driving lessons got to :a-aggressive: teaches... " watch up the sky " for anything that flies   [sweatdrop]

• Praise 4

I broke 2 rims last year because of such a log.

Once on a sunday morning while driving in AYE, right in front of the lower delta road saw a big log of wood lying across lanes 2 and 3 and across the chveron towards the exit. I was exiting the expressway and marginally avoided driving over the log of wood...

I called the expressway hotline and reported about it. Could not see clearly if it was removed on my way back (in the opposite side) after about 3 hours.

LTA /TP should step up enforcement of these errant lorries and fine them until they are bone dry...the amount of inconvenience/danger they cause can't be explained.

I broke 2 rims last year because of such a log.

Sometime also have one slipper or men shoe in the middle of highway...dont know whether is it from lorry or bike travel too fast then it fly off Edited by currypuff

Happened earlier today! RIP.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/motorcyclist-dies-after-accident-along-pie-on-tuesday-9102036

SINGAPORE: A motorcyclist has died after being involved in an accident with a car along PIE near Dunearn Road exit on Tuesday morning (Aug 8), authorities said.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the incident at 7.25am, and sent an ambulance there. A male in his 30s was pronounced dead at the scene, it added.

Police said separately that they were alerted to the accident involving a car and a motorcycle, and the 31-year-old motorcyclist was lying motionless before the paramedics pronounced him dead. Investigations are ongoing, they added.

Channel NewsAsia understands that there was a wooden plank on the road, and the motorcyclist hit the plank, lost control of his bike and was flung over the central divider to the other side of the expressway. He was then hit by the car.

Why is there a plank on the road?

LTA road cams should be able to pick up the vehicle that drop the plank

• Praise 1

WTF...park illegal and block other vehicle.

Like that the silver car still can claim insurance boh?

https://www.facebook.com/xiaofu.lin.75/videos/1510723608986367/

i am not sure...but i hope not. happened to me twice...as in another car parked illegally blocking my way out of a parking lot. one driver was nearby but the other one came down more than 10 mins later. super selfish imho

• Praise 7

WTF...park illegal and block other vehicle.

Like that the silver car still can claim insurance boh?

https://www.facebook.com/xiaofu.lin.75/videos/1510723608986367/

This Lancer driver knn. He block the taxi driver nevermind. Taxi driver want to move out and Lancer driver is around too.. Instead of move off and let the taxi driver drive off, he choose not to move.

What a selfish person. Orbi for the Lancer driver, the taxi driver also power.. The taxi driver also very skillful, can managed to squeeze his way out too.

Anyway, I can see that the hit is just quite minor as there is little speed to begin with, taxi driver just press accelerator and want to push the Lancer, but unsuccessful. So presume the damage Maybe slight dent or possible no physical damage. Hope the lancer guy who want to claim insurance to get reject from insurance company, and better still insurance company to charge him more premium next year to teach the lancer driver a lesson.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 13

The reaction of the silver car owner ....... priceless.

It seems that the silver car driver challenged the taxi driver to go ahead. So what can I say. U play tough, the taxi driver also play tough lor. Some more it's transcab taxi leh. Well known to have steel ball one.

No pity to silver car driver at all. But pity the van as I think it got slightly hit by the taxi.

• Praise 17