Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Aiyo 30-40kmh above vehicle speed limit (for lorries vans etc) is crazy.

To overtake, sometimes one has to exceed the speed limit.

We don't know for sure, maybe the lorry after that chionging moment went back to cruise at 80kmh after that?

That being said, Hogging is hogging regardless of speed. One can be going at 110kmh at lane 1, but he is technically still hogging if he does not give way to a faster vehicle behind him.

I know when i was driving my father's van to help with delivery 20+ yr ago, lorry and vans all had limits of 50 km/h.

I think last known this has been raised to 60, or was it 70 km/h...

If the cam car was going at 80 km/h, lorry i think minimally would have been 95 or 100 km/h when overtaking.

I'm willing to bet my last dollar that TP if around, the lorry driver sure jialat already.

I think few pages ago got someone posted TP poster on hogging? it's stated slow vehicles mean 60 km/h. Those i think everyone should know better stay in left most lane, else confirmed if hogging big time. But at 80 km/h, if want to stay left-most, i think it is in fact rather dangerous, as there are lots of slow vehicles on that left-most lane, this guy at 80 km/h go in, sure is recipe for disaster. 

My vote is that for that case (based solely on the clip), can cut the cam car some slack in terms of hogging, but the speed of the lorry is cannot give chance lor...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

TP no need to be around to catch the Lorry,every day,some Officers will be sitting behind Computer,watching  Youtube or SgCarForum,just send out "Love Letters"...

I know when i was driving my father's van to help with delivery 20+ yr ago, lorry and vans all had limits of 50 km/h.

I think last known this has been raised to 60, or was it 70 km/h...

If the cam car was going at 80 km/h, lorry i think minimally would have been 95 or 100 km/h when overtaking.

I'm willing to bet my last dollar that TP if around, the lorry driver sure jialat already.

I think few pages ago got someone posted TP poster on hogging? it's stated slow vehicles mean 60 km/h. Those i think everyone should know better stay in left most lane, else confirmed if hogging big time. But at 80 km/h, if want to stay left-most, i think it is in fact rather dangerous, as there are lots of slow vehicles on that left-most lane, this guy at 80 km/h go in, sure is recipe for disaster.

My vote is that for that case (based solely on the clip), can cut the cam car some slack in terms of hogging, but the speed of the lorry is cannot give chance lor...

Yes u r right. That's why I said the lorry driver also cb ma

The forester was wrong to filter out this way.

The way he rides is really a matter of when he will get himself into trouble,  and he is  irresponsibly risking his pillion's life. I hope he  has learned  from this lesson. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I now learnt one condo that the waze GPS give lead to Hdb blk area, and when reach Hdb block area and need to turn out to condo, it will take a good 5 to 8 minutes to go to that condo. The location is..

attachicon.gifsketch-1505124863661.png

The waze GPS lead me to circuit road blk 17 multi story carpark. When I reached than realized that the condo is on my left, to go to that condo, I need to exit circuit road and enter by paya Lebar road and it took me additional 8minutes to go to that condo.

So waze GPS is not that good also, must really know the road well, if not when GPS lead to nearest service road and that service road is not the condo or building location or GPS lead to the back of the building where there are no entrance, sometimes it will take more then 5minutes to u turn to main entrence..

How I wish waze to have a reporting function in the app itself. In the event that the GPS lead to back road where there is no entrence or lead to the nearby service road which is not the condo or the building, report through that app and let the waze staff rectify the wrong location.

Thanks. Waze is not perfect. But I find it's much better than Google Map on the whole.

Try Taman Nakhoda and it'll go haywire trying to route there.

I also have a Garmin as a backup for such cases.

Does it mean that if you in your 50 Plus, house fully paid up, children all working, just got retrenched... this is a good job.

Some side income, work when you like, some time to kill, reason not to stay at home and face Wife...

I say this is a nice job...

• Praise 3

IMHO,  stress should not be part of the equation - it is a choice. 

I'm not sure how you can make a choice to get stressed or de-stressed. [;)]

When you're doing PHV, the stress is there, if you want to make money.

The moment you decide to accept a job, until the trip is finished, all those things that will stress you, will stress you.

But it does get better, as you gained more experience.

You learned to do some things better. And you learn when to say no and when to reject.

I'm not sure how you can make a choice to get stressed or de-stressed. [;)]

When you're doing PHV, the stress is there, if you want to make money.

The moment you decide to accept a job, until the trip is finished, all those things that will stress you, will stress you.

But it does get better, as you gained more experience.

You learned to do some things better. And you learn when to say no and when to reject.

IMHO,   the  choice is whether to do or not to do PHV.

If chosen to do,  stress should not be used as an explanation for things which are not done right because it is the nature of the job. 

Applies to taxi drivers, bus drivers, etc.

How do u know the taxis are using better tyres? Esp from Transcab.

My dad drove for transcab before. At least they change to new tires whenever the tires wear down to the mark. For PHV, those which are the driver's own car are maintained by the owners themselves. So they might scrimp on the tires and other stuff.

There are tyres specifically for taxis. Use or not, don't know.

I see some brand of tyres used on taxis I also cringed.

Some ah tiong brand which I can't even remember.

Today when I was at tyre shop, got a PHV Honda stream came to shop with a flat rear tyre. He got a second hand used tyres for $35.

I looked at his tyres and notice the other tyres also wearing off.. so now he has 3 quite worn off Michelin tyres and another Nakang used tyres at the rear left now.

I chat with the driver and ask him his other tyres all wearing off, why not change the rear tyres as a pair? At least use same tyres on the rear since it's only $35 per tyres.. safer.

He keep saying car left 3 months...

Not as if he tyre cost $350... it's $35.. I advised him that different tread design on the rear very dangerous. But he keep saying it's ok he will drive slowly ð

Think I'll only Grab taxi.. wouldn't Grab car or Uber car.. so scary..

Dangerous as..

1. Different Tyre thread and Tyre depth. 3 old 1 new. When driving especially in the wet will easily lose control of the car when turning.

2. He say left 3 months, didn't he consider he driving grab. 1 month may hit 10k mileage, so 3 months = 30k.

It's disaster waiting to happen.

Infact Tyre shop should not even sell him Tyre like that. This Tyre shop also quite irresponsible. Should reject him if he keep insist to change one Tyre. Tyre shop get 35 bucks only and could cause very high chance of the car to lose control especially in the wet. Worth it?

Edited by Yewheng

Infact Tyre shop should not even sell him Tyre like that. This Tyre shop also quite irresponsible. Should reject him if he keep insist to change one Tyre. Tyre shop get 35 bucks only and could cause very high chance of the car to lose control especially in the wet. Worth it?

If the tyre shop didn't change, the PHV owner could have gone to another shop.  :wacko:

I could say 90% of tyre shops keep used tyres to earn extra income as some owners change their tyres every 18 months or more.

I myself change all 4 new tyres every 18 months irregardless of it conditions. Lives of the driver & the passengers are 10,000 times more then the cost of 4 tyres. [drivingcar] 

Same for my car battery, change every 18 months cos I don't want to stall in a middle of busy expressway.   [:(] 

There are also instances where owner come to a tyre shop to trade-in their tyres for bald ones so that the vehicle can scrap within the next few days. This owners never consider that during the few days before scrap, someone could be killed whilst driving it. :lll._.:  

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 4

Got once i took a Prius cab from airport, the driver really think his car is f1 combine with KERS..  scared the shit out of me..

Don't laugh at someone's misfortune la..  Surprisingly the Altis bumper quite solid, only the clips holding the bumper was dislodged..

↡ Advertisement