Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

So coincident ?

2 accidents happened apparently at the same place ?

With video evident, can both these cars claim against LTA?  There must be a common denominator for both cases cause lightning usually doesn't strike twice on the same spot...

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that bents at expressway now have white broken lines added to the extreme right of Lane 1 and the broken white lines between the lanes were specifically fatten so as to make the lanes appear narrower/smaller. They did this hoping that drivers approaching these bents will slow down... However, he/she also mentioned that cars going over these fatten lines tend to lose some grips of the road... perhaps the lost of grip is probably aggregated by the presence of oily deposit, thus resulting in the accidents... 

I do travel on this stretch of CTE-SLE often... After looking at the videos, a good reminder to slow down at these bents... 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Seems like another car also ended up in the barriers at the same spot.. how coincidental...

Road conditions looks ok, not sure why the Wish lost control, maybe like someone said, oil on the road..

Seems like another car also ended up in the barriers at the same spot.. how coincidental...

Road conditions looks ok, not sure why the Wish lost control, maybe like someone said, oil on the road..

Brake too hard while tailgating???

• Praise 1

goodness.. that biker managed to siam big time!!! biker must have good karma...

to see the underneath of a flying car close up would give him nightmare and flashback for the nx few days....

With video evident, can both these cars claim against LTA?  There must be a common denominator for both cases cause lightning usually doesn't strike twice on the same spot...

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that bents at expressway now have white broken lines added to the extreme right of Lane 1 and the broken white lines between the lanes were specifically fatten so as to make the lanes appear narrower/smaller. They did this hoping that drivers approaching these bents will slow down... However, he/she also mentioned that cars going over these fatten lines tend to lose some grips of the road... perhaps the lost of grip is probably aggregated by the presence of oily deposit, thus resulting in the accidents... 

I do travel on this stretch of CTE-SLE often... After looking at the videos, a good reminder to slow down at these bents... 

I see that the Wish actually signalled left. Perhaps he wanted to overtake the car in front, and somehow lost control?

If my memory serves me right, it is not that the lines are fatter. Rather, they are painted closer together to give impression of higher speed than actual. This compels drivers to slow down.

• Praise 2

Someone highlighted that the blue subaru at the road shoulder had crashed in a similar fashion earlier. Video in the link.

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/subaru-suddenly-swerves-across-3-lanes-and-hits-lorry-on-tpe-after-driver-loses

So coincidence, really must mark the fatal location. I believe the left over stuff from Subaru caused accident!! Drive safe and slow, do keep a safe distance.

to see the underneath of a flying car close up would give him nightmare and flashback for the nx few days....

• Praise 1

I think so. If this does not make him give up his motorcycle, I don't know what will.

I gave up riding after 3 near misses in one month. If I were the rider, I would sell the bike on the very same day.

i would too.......
  • Praise 2

So coincidence, really must mark the fatal location. I believe the left over stuff from Subaru caused accident!! Drive safe and slow, do keep a safe distance.

I see that the Wish actually signalled left. Perhaps he wanted to overtake the car in front, and somehow lost control?

If my memory serves me right, it is not that the lines are fatter. Rather, they are painted closer together to give impression of higher speed than actual. This compels drivers to slow down.

It looks like the front car stepped brake upon seeing the subaru on the road shoulder, the accident car lost control  because he stepped brake while trying to filter left to avoid the front car .   The road surface seems damp, Such road surface is one of the most slippery condition. 

↡ Advertisement