Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

It is a wrong logic to saý fatter tyres mean more contact compared to a skinnier tye. It's the same according to the law of physics.

Normally changing to fatter tyre also mean changing to a lower profile that increases grip due to the softer compound used. This is the reason for the feel of better grip.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

It is a wrong logic to saý fatter tyres mean more contact compared to a skinnier tye. It's the same according to the law of physics.

Normally changing to fatter tyre also mean changing to a lower profile that increases grip due to the softer compound used. This is the reason for the feel of better grip.

the shape of the contact patch will change with different widths.

tyre pressure will change size of contact patch

Based on personal experience, when at bend, never hard brake no matter what. When you lift off accelerator, there will already be engine brake, weight will be shifted to the front of the car, if you don't trail brake instead of panic hard brake, all weight shifted to the front and you won't get any grip at the rear. If that really happens, you have to counter steer and step accelerator instead of brake more.

Alot of Singaporean don't know how to counter steer because we never have the chance of how it feels like. Go for defensive driving course to have a feel of it at the driving center. 

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

Been running on 265 or 275 width tyres for quite sometime , don't think is the wide tyres that cause the skid leh

me too 275mm width..no skid

just need to keep checks on tyre wear and optimal air pressure

• Praise 1

(edited)

Agree. Wider tyres = more contact with the road = better traction and grip = less skidding.

Look at width of the F1 car tyres.

This is not true in the wet. Wet conditions, wide tyres have a much higher chance of aquaplaning.  

How to avoid accidents in the wet? Drive within your limits and cut your speed unless you really need to go fast.

Stopping distances increase exponentially in the wet. It's never worth the risk to push it in the wet/damp.

Many SG drivers are just too mollycoddled to be bothered with thinking about safety first.  No seatbelts, running bad conditioned/shiet tyres, bad+rude+impatient driving. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 13

Turbocharged

I recall this type of older model of Wish(vertical tail lights) comes with small-ish stock rims and fat tires. Fat as in high profile tires. Many ppl just switch to 17" or 18" rims with low profile tires to have a better "look". Actually a lot of other cars also do the same, not just Wish.

Based on the pics, this wish definitely have at least 16 or 17" rims... Maybe its the combination of a bend and braking hard that caused him to lose control.

This is not true in the wet. Wet conditions, wide tyres have a much higher chance of aquaplaning.  

How to avoid accidents in the wet? Drive within your limits and cut your speed unless you really need to go fast.

Stopping distances increase exponentially in the wet. It's never worth the risk to push it in the wet/damp.

Many SG drivers are just too mollycoddled to be bothered with thinking about safety first.  No seatbelts, running bad conditioned/shiet tyres, bad+rude+impatient driving. 

Own you one "Likes" Totally agree with wat you've said :a-dothewave:

Turbocharged

Based on the pics, this wish definitely have at least 16 or 17" rims... Maybe its the combination of a bend and braking hard that caused him to lose control.

Someone has mentioned before.. Those SUV and MPV are rather tall yet they drive fast and some even behaved like F1.. Think they are driving a sedan that have a lower central gravity?

Own you one "Likes" Totally agree with wat you've said :a-dothewave:

Turbocharged
(edited)

Someone has mentioned before.. Those SUV and MPV are rather tall yet they drive fast and some even behaved like F1.. Think they are driving a sedan that have a lower central gravity? Edited by Solar

the shape of the contact patch will change with different widths.

tyre pressure will change size of contact patch

yes the shape will change but the contact area remains the same.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i was about to post this, was thinking whether i should laugh at it or not... like quite bad...  but heck it!  :a-fun:  :a-fun:

• Praise 2

(edited)

When I read this article last night, straight away screenshot and sent it to my brothers.. Tell them dun tailgate.. Must put seat belt.. Today saw this video clip.. I feel sad for the family but not for the husband.. Call me heartless or cold.. He took his whole family lives for granted.. No seat belts on, speeding, tail gating.. I'm angry.. I'm angry why the good ones always leave earlier than those who commit the deadlier sin..

RIP to the mother.. :a-rip:

RIP young mother. Sincere condolences to the bereaved family. Hope the little one have a speedy recovery.

Guys could there be something like a slick of oil on the road that caused the mpv to go out of control? Because in the video at the end, it seemed there is another car at a tilted angle at the shoulder near where the mpv landed. Just a thought.

Safe ride. Belt up should be taught to all passengers till it's an automatic action everytime they are in the vehicle.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

RIP young mother. Sincere condolences to the bereaved family. Hope the little one have a speedy recovery.

Guys could there be something like a slick of oil on the road that caused the mpv to go out of control? Because in the video at the end, it seemed there is another car at a tilted angle at the shoulder near where the mpv landed. Just a thought.

Safe ride. Belt up should be taught to all passengers till it's an automatic action everytime they are in the vehicle.

considering a lot more cars did not end up in the rails. I think it's not that likely. 

This tragedy happens at the point driver jam brake in the midst of cornering

↡ Advertisement