Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

The MPV was very close to the front vehicle. When the front vehicle stepped on the brakes, the MPV did that too but perhaps applied too much brake causing the rear to lose traction resulting in the spin.

For the Subaru, perhaps the tyres lost traction over the painted broken lines on the right. I thought I saw the Subaru applying brake prior to trying to compensate the traction lost before it spun.

I reviewed the video several times, but cannot find a reason why the front vehicle (black MPV) need to brake. There wasn't anything directly in front to avoid.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I reviewed the video several times, but cannot find a reason why the front vehicle (black MPV) need to brake. There wasn't anything directly in front to avoid.

Look closely. There was debris in the lane (probably from the Subaru) that the car in front of the Wish was trying to avoid.

• Praise 2

just sharing my experience bro, the newer Wish is ok. it's those first gen Wish (07-09 type) that are rather reckless.

Stream... only the RSZ ones. seems like tha badge gives them more balls to drive like that.

and yes, Alphard Vellfire.. the black PHVs.. now much easier to identify them with the decals.

forgot to mention.. any one of those cars with car curtains at the driver side are also #$5#@$%.

hee hee... Mine is also first gen Wish, but mine is 06... 11 yr liao. No power to reckless leh...

but i'm wondering how come lately so many negative news about some many Wishes... new and old. Even our own, before renewed COE, mostly no problem. Since renewed, in 1.5 yr, had to spend ~$6k on various replacements/repairs already...

the RSZ is the more powerful one right? Wish had aero tourer, which was 2.0L. Dunno if more reckless  [laugh]

Oh, reckless MPV you must bring up that Sengkang Subaru/Merc mah... What happened to that jerk already?

Look closely. There was debris in the lane (probably from the Subaru) that the car in front of the Wish was trying to avoid.

Actually, maybe should blame LTA for it...

Can someone do some research on how many fatal accidents that stretch of the road has, over the years?

I remember many years ago, already heard/read that that part got sharp bend, is v dangerous, and had a number of fatal accidents liao...

Should have avoided the sharp bends somehow when they designed/built the CTE/SLE hor...

• Praise 1

hee hee... Mine is also first gen Wish, but mine is 06... 11 yr liao. No power to reckless leh...

but i'm wondering how come lately so many negative news about some many Wishes... new and old. Even our own, before renewed COE, mostly no problem. Since renewed, in 1.5 yr, had to spend ~$6k on various replacements/repairs already...

the RSZ is the more powerful one right? Wish had aero tourer, which was 2.0L. Dunno if more reckless  [laugh]

Oh, reckless MPV you must bring up that Sengkang Subaru/Merc mah... What happened to that jerk already?

Maybe you can refresh my memory, I only recall this recent issue?

Most Wish drivers aren't the reckless sort.. but the earlier ones may not have ESP, and the older ones may also have worn out tires, if the owner has been tardy in their upkeep..

Not everyone is as on the ball as you bro.. I see many COE cars in less than ideal shape and condition.. I think the owners are doing the minimal amount of effort to keep them on the round.

I worry if we have more older cars and more PH cars on the round. Maintenance of these PH could also be suspect.. the drivers aren't exactly the most experienced either..

• Praise 1

Suggested by mod to move video to here.

Cheers.

Something out of Singapore; Shanghai cabby insane overtaking?

LOL I feel this is actually pretty alright for the average shanghai taxi drivers lah. If you're in shanghai often enough, you'll know that their taxi drivers are all F1-trained and our local taxi uncles are so tame in comparison. Even a 10mins taxi ride along the street can be a very exhilarating experience.

My personal taxi trip record was 30mins flat, from hotel at Bund area to Pudong airport. Was running a little late so gave the driver approval to open his NOS and the trip was pretty much like this video. I even gave the driver a small tip for getting me to check in on time.

Also noticed that the publisher of this video was a Japanese tourist so I can understand why the culture shock was so great.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just drive safe and go home to your family. No need to blame the road condition, facilities on the road la, and car condition. Don't forget to blame yourself for not vigilant enough to drive safely and courteously. BLAME BLAME, even BLAME government but not your driving skills.

hqdefault.jpg

Go home and drive a family car! 

Edited by 7hm

Another accident involving a Toyota Prius... perhaps it's another PHV...

The accident occurred near the start of the video....

• Praise 3

(edited)

Quite ballsy to make U turn with a Boh chap attitude Edited by Sdf4786k

Twincharged

Quite ballsy to make U turn with a Boh chap attitude

I think the first car turning right infront took the risk and dashed through and it was quite close to getting hit by the car that hit the prius also. The Prius see first car turning right and he just u-turn thinking it is clear. He couldn't turn as fast as the car turning right.

Most Wish drivers aren't the reckless sort.. but the earlier ones may not have ESP, and the older ones may also have worn out tires, if the owner has been tardy in their upkeep..

Not everyone is as on the ball as you bro.. I see many COE cars in less than ideal shape and condition.. I think the owners are doing the minimal amount of effort to keep them on the round.

I worry if we have more older cars and more PH cars on the round. Maintenance of these PH could also be suspect.. the drivers aren't exactly the most experienced either..

Can I blame the Hantu?
  • Praise 1

The MPV was very close to the front vehicle.  When the front vehicle stepped on the brakes,  the MPV did that too but perhaps applied too much brake causing the rear to lose traction resulting in the spin.

For the Subaru,  perhaps the tyres lost traction over the painted broken lines on the right.  I thought I saw the Subaru applying brake prior to trying to compensate the traction lost before it spun. 

The Toyota wish got Big Brake Kit if i'm not wrong.

The Toyota wish got Big Brake Kit if i'm not wrong.

If the tyres are worn out, it could only make it worse.

Turbocharged

Let's say there really was oil on the tarmac, would ESP and EBD be able to save the situation for the Subaru and Wish?

my memory of it is also very vague, and googling didn't show anything either.

but what little i remember of it was that there was once an accident, and an ambulance which was activated to go there also ended up buang too... so there was news saying that stretch is very accident prone, and there were fatalities.

Not sure if anyone here have any impression of it.

My Wish is very basic, confirmed don't have anything fanciful, ESP, traction control and all. Only got ABS i think. We had planned to keep the Wish long term, so decided to spend $$ to maintain it.

But you're right, i won't be surprised if there are others who won't bother, and just drive till something gives in the cars... Maybe LTA should mandate that those PHVs go for more regular inspections, and should be more stringent ones at that... can help to keep our roads safer.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Turn some more without the arrow la! 

Hypersonic

Actually, maybe should blame LTA for it...

Can someone do some research on how many fatal accidents that stretch of the road has, over the years?

I remember many years ago, already heard/read that that part got sharp bend, is v dangerous, and had a number of fatal accidents liao...

Should have avoided the sharp bends somehow when they designed/built the CTE/SLE hor...

Don't blame the road design.

Driver must know their limit and the car limit.

Does it be those winding road need to be straighten.

LOL I feel this is actually pretty alright for the average shanghai taxi drivers lah. If you're in shanghai often enough, you'll know that their taxi drivers are all F1-trained and our local taxi uncles are so tame in comparison. Even a 10mins taxi ride along the street can be a very exhilarating experience.

My personal taxi trip record was 30mins flat, from hotel at Bund area to Pudong airport. Was running a little late so gave the driver approval to open his NOS and the trip was pretty much like this video. I even gave the driver a small tip for getting me to check in on time.

Also noticed that the publisher of this video was a Japanese tourist so I can understand why the culture shock was so great.

Wait till you try the taxi in Chengdu, Shanghai taxi is nothing.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6