Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Seem like the negligent driver of the Vezel is a PHV driver and the couple and infant at the back was the fare. 

Driver arrested already.
"The 32-year-old male driver of the car was arrested for causing death by a negligent act, police said on Tuesday."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/1-dead-4-taken-to-hospital-after-car-flips-over-at-woodlands-9100552

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Frankly it is all a matter of setting the right KPI. 

If the KPI is for number of debris or pot holes spotted and resolved by the LTA enforcement officers. I can bet my last dollar we will have Asia's version of Autobahn. 

Sometimes I see pieces of wood on the road, I think when a speeding bike comes sure kena one.

The usual suspect is lorries dropping shitload on the roads without properly securing what they are carrying.

And LTA doing what ?

Turbocharged

Seem like the negligent driver of the Vezel is a PHV driver and the couple and infant at the back was the fare.

With all these news about phv drivers I wonder if anyone still dare to risk their lives in one.

Turbocharged

There is a lot of unemployment/under-employment among the younger folks also, including graduates. Allowing them to drive for Uber/Grab will make the statistics look less worse, and they have some income of course.

And of course drive up rental demand for PHVs directly increasing COE bidding.

I agree too.

But this phv thing has to be better managed.. such as training.

With proper and adequate education, I believe youngsters can be taught to be careful behind the wheels too.

Right now this part isn't done enough.

Is there mention of a couple behind?  One passenger "crawled" out - male or the same female passenger?

The report is not very clear... If indeed another PHV, it is about time LTA buck up and impose more stringent requirements on the drivers.

Frankly it is all a matter of setting the right KPI. 

If the KPI is for number of debris or pot holes spotted and resolved by the LTA enforcement officers. I can bet my last dollar we will have Asia's version of Autobahn. 

There will be unintended consequences - the officers may secretly dig up the roads at night and then self-report, improving their KPIs.

Like the Italian firemen setting off fires recently.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

we have to give too many people the benefit of the doubt then, u can see that people never queue up and just cut in last min and expect people to give in to them

Usually I will let them cut in, giving the benefit of doubt they are in a hurry, but if they drive slowly or leave more than 5 car spacing, I will undertake or overtake them.

"Let you filter in doesn't meant allowing you to hog me."

• Praise 8

Supercharged

Sometimes I see pieces of wood on the road, I think when a speeding bike comes sure kena one.

The usual suspect is lorries dropping shitload on the roads without properly securing what they are carrying.

And LTA doing what ?

Some lorry drivers use them as wheel chocks. Others even dangle trolleys from tailgates. LTA and TP probably taichi-ing who should be looking into this.

• Praise 1

This driver is 32 years old lor, not really young.

Recklessness got nothing to do with age lah. Recent robbery case involved a 50+yo and a knife, as an example, when a piece of paper with $30000 written on it can accomplish the job liao...so reckless of him...

• Praise 3

Yup mets lots of them..red ones, black ones..white ones....they think their pick up kui VTEC is damn fast...

yes fast..faster than my lao pock chia...chiet me left right centre... [bigcry]

Gulp..u mean here in stinkapore?

EDIT: weird... I quote wrong reply

Edited by ins1dious

The one who ran into the turtled SUV?

That's sad...

Is it only me who feel that something is wrong with Vezel...so easily turtle 

The one who ran into the turtled SUV?

That's sad...

No, that's the third one.

See the video again. 

After what you wrote, I re-read the article....you are right, the report is ambiguous and non-committal to the exact number of people involved.

the reporter probably not sure him/herself and tried to smudge it over.

Such is the quality of our local journalism.

Is there mention of a couple behind?  One passenger "crawled" out - male or the same female passenger?

The report is not very clear... If indeed another PHV, it is about time LTA buck up and impose more stringent requirements on the drivers.

There will be unintended consequences - the officers may secretly dig up the roads at night and then self-report, improving their KPIs.

Like the Italian firemen setting off fires recently.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

And LTA doing what ?

Happened earlier today! RIP.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/motorcyclist-dies-after-accident-along-pie-on-tuesday-9102036

SINGAPORE: A motorcyclist has died after being involved in an accident with a car along PIE near Dunearn Road exit on Tuesday morning (Aug 8), authorities said.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the incident at 7.25am, and sent an ambulance there. A male in his 30s was pronounced dead at the scene, it added. 

Police said separately that they were alerted to the accident involving a car and a motorcycle, and the 31-year-old motorcyclist was lying motionless before the paramedics pronounced him dead. Investigations are ongoing, they added. 

Channel NewsAsia understands that there was a wooden plank on the road, and the motorcyclist hit the plank, lost control of his bike and was flung over the central divider to the other side of the expressway. He was then hit by the car

ð¤ I thought I saw the first rider sneak through before the SUV turtled and smashed into the 2nd rider sending him under the wheels of the truck... and the 3rd rider ran into the overturned SUV at that point...

What am I missing?

Yep u got it right now.

So the 2nd rider that went under the lorry died.

↡ Advertisement