Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

wah.....racing line.....nice sia.....his front bumper also chui....nice...ððð. He braked during corner.....epic corkup especialty if it is an auto!

I think pinky trying to practice f1 lah... I know him. His surname is...chiu, 2nd name is Cheng, Last name is... U all help me fill in...
  • Praise 2

Quite a number of offences committed 

Vasutavan had 10 traffic violations between 1994 and 2013. He compounded the offences, which included speeding, careless driving, making an unauthorised U-turn and illegal parking, for between $70 and $250.

This is a famous corner.....go in too fast, you will feel floaty especially Jap car. Jam brakes, makes it worse and difficult to control. experience this before, lucky managed to control...

but tried a conti car - no problem....that is the difference between conti and jap... 

Subaru no problem.

This is a famous corner.....go in too fast, you will feel floaty especially Jap car. Jam brakes, makes it worse and difficult to control. experience this before, lucky managed to control...

but tried a conti car - no problem....that is the difference between conti and jap...

think the suspension set-up also play a part. He should have cut more to the left when entering that corner.

but tried a conti car - no problem....that is the difference between conti and jap... 

Nothing to do with the car, imo.  Its the driver.    <_<

• Praise 1

wah.....racing line.....nice sia.....his front bumper also chui....nice...ððð. He braked during corner.....epic corkup especialty if it is an auto!

1st fail: cluttered dash caused reflection in the video which masked the most interesting part of the crash

2nd fail: braking when entering a bend? This is only a bend not a corner! Brake for what? Lol

• Praise 1

Quick question: what is it about PHVs that makes them such seemingly incompetent drivers?

A PHV driver is subjected to a lot of stress.

He made mistakes and things he shouldn't do, but he did it.

Typically for me as a PHV driver:

1. If I don't have a passenger, I keep to the slow lane, just following cars or even buses slowly (as an excuse) and wait for a ping (the call to pickup a rider). No point rushing when you have nowhere to go.

2. When the ping comes, I have to quickly push the button to accept and wait for a couple of seconds, which feels like eternity, to know where to go.

3. Very often, at this point, I'm coming to a traffic junction or esp the app like to have fun with me; at the split between TPE, PIE or Upp Changi Rd. It's a split second decision to go straight, turn or keep left or right. When navigation says turn left, but I'm already going straight, I just keep going straight. I'd rather make a loop than caused an accident. This is where kanchiong spider, may suddenly make a turn.

If I have riders in the car, I typically keep to lane 2 on expressways.

1. I have a responsibility to the riders; to bring them safely to a destination at a reasonable speed.

2. Rushing is usually not an option. If they demand or threaten, I can always kick them out and cancel the ride.

3. If I have kids or babies in the car, then I drive even more carefully.

For navigation, Waze is all important to me. It loaded quickly from Uber app. However, sometimes it hang looking for a server. At this point, I'm "free" driving, heading for where I think is the best direction. It's hard to have a quick "mental" map of where you are and where you're going. It's all different each time. It's also at this point, I'm honked and flashed, bcuz I'm slow, but I ignore them.

Unlike, an office worker who knows exactly where to turn coming out of the office for home or vice versa, bcuz he does this countless time.

When Waze is working, which is most of the time, I'd occasionally push it forward to know where is the next turn and how far away, usually when stopped at a traffic light. Some riders might see me fiddling with the phone and might even report me for dangerous driving.

Now, not PHV drivers will behave like me. Some have a target. They rush, they speed, bcuz time is money.

I'd rather make less, and have a less stressful drive, but that's me.

My licence is 30 yrs old. I have no desire to have it revoked or suspended. I have a zero accident rate.

So I'd rather keep it that way.

As everyone knows, defensive driving is the way. You maintain a reasonable speed. You keep your distance. You let idiots cut into your lane, you don't retaliate, bcuz you're carrying passengers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 25