Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

please dun teach people how to drive on NSHW, if one able to obtain a license, one is entitle to drive on any road.

I am coming from the view of a road user, if the P driver didn't meet the SG plate merc, he could have met other cars and i can tell you there are plenty of such bo chap msian plate nowadays compare to the past. They just overtake as long as you are far enough for them to filter out, how fast you go they can claim they duno. The chance they willing to take of getting hit is 25% cos the fast coming car will either go left, go right, jam on time  :D   

IF the P driver didn't meet this merc cam car but a proton saga, no one will know cos the proton saga will not have a camera to kpkb, but certainly the P driver will behave the same way if the saga cut into his lane. OR maybe he only target at this Merc driver cos it was a SG plate that he has to teach him a lesson.

So for a SEASON fast driving car, no one act as if they have the privilege that cars must give way because they are coming fast from behind, this is called 'traffic condition' that they have to react to at any situation. You can speed at whatever speed you want but no one will act like this P driver on NSHW.

LIkewise, please don't try to teach me what to think about the proper way to drive on the NSHW.

I have no idea what you think you mean when you say you're coming from a road user perspective. That's exactly what I am as well. But if you think you're likely to do what the Merc driver did, you're a poor driver, and I am fully entitled to think you have no business being on the NSHW or any other high speed road.

A good road user is cognizant of the norms of the road he's on. The norms on the NSHW are vastly different from those in Singapore.

I don't know what you've experienced. Maybe you just haven't been going fast enough, so that Malaysians judge (correctly) that it's safe to get in front of you. I can tell you that from personal experience, practically no Malaysian passenger car has cut in front of me when I've been going fast. Certainly, no such Malaysian passenger car has ever done so when I've been doing more than 200 with my right indicator on (another norm often practised by fast traffic). In general, Malaysian cars on the NSHW don't drive so dangerously or inconsiderately. I don't know where you're getting all your 25% statistics from, but I am speaking from fairly extensive personal experience. It's up to you whether you want to believe it or not.

(Heavy vehicles are another story, one must slow down and drive extra defensively around them. And my experience is fairly current as I've mentioned - it's not like I'm extrapolating from ancient experiences).

I never said that fast cars shouldn't be prepared to take emergency stopping or evasive action. Of course they should! It's especially important at high speed. Don't just have blind faith that people won't drive like this Mercedes.

On the other hand, people who *cause* the fast traffic to need to take emergency action are still cocksters and have no business driving on the NSHW.

Once again (since it seems you're finding it rather difficult to comprehend what I wrote, even though I used clear and simple language): the P driver was *wrong* in retaliating the way he did. I *agree* he was a dick. The Mercedes was still a bloody idiot nevertheless for putting them both in danger. The sad part is he doesn't seem to think that he did anything wrong. The even sadder part is that you don't seem to either.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

The other side of the story

Posted by Porsche driver on FB

Hi folks, our Highway Code dictates that lane 1 is for fast cars and one should give way to fast cars before changing lane for safety reason. I'm the Porsche owner and would like to clarify that the Mercedes E Class driver deliberate lane changing action could cause a severe accident! I was going really fast on lane 1, and he saw me coming cos he wanted to change lane from lane 2 to lane 1 but went back to lane 2. Then he changed to lane 1 last minute causing me to do an emergency brake resulting in an almost rear end collision with him. When I passed his car, the driver's right elbow was on his car window and his right hand under his chin with a smug look on his face. I wanted him to stop his car to highlight the danger of his inconsiderate driving action that was so dangerous and could cost lives. Now, he could tell the world his one sided story. Some kinda guys without any conscience! Yes, speeding is wrong, but let the authorities deal with us. To give way is courtesy, but to deliberately cut into lane 1 of a fast coming car is so uncalled for. On hindsight, my attempt to pull him over in the midst of my anger was wrong. I should live and let live and forgive and forget. My apologies for trying to pull him over. His cause will reap his own effect of a catastrophic rear-end accident in future.

Driving fast doesn't mean you have the right of way to stay at lane 1.   :omg:

What happen if a cow or any other animals comes out of the highway, blame the animals... :slow:

Fast driving have to look out for the following :-

1) sudden cutting out by buses, lories, van, cars or m/cycles

2) crosswinds

3) animals

4) human (rare but still possibilities are there, like MY traffic policeman sudden jump out from bushes to stop your vehicle)

5) obstacles drop by lorries on the road  

6) pebbles or stones, and

7) road conditions (dry, wet, slippery, bends)

So blame it on your concentration skills and not others.

Remember, Defensive Driving Skill is to anticipate beforehand and expects the "Unexpected" so as to get ready to take corrective actions when approaching another vehicle at a fast speed. Not you have the "Right-of-Way" attitude.  

There is no 'Right-of-Way' in defensive driving. [drivingcar]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 13

LIkewise, please don't try to teach me what to think about the proper way to drive on the NSHW.

I have no idea what you think you mean when you say you're coming from a road user perspective. That's exactly what I am as well. But if you think you're likely to do what the Merc driver did, you're a poor driver, and I am fully entitled to think you have no business being on the NSHW or any other high speed road.

A good road user is cognizant of the norms of the road he's on. The norms on the NSHW are vastly different from those in Singapore.

I don't know what you've experienced. Maybe you just haven't been going fast enough, so that Malaysians judge (correctly) that it's safe to get in front of you. I can tell you that from personal experience, practically no Malaysian passenger car has cut in front of me when I've been going fast. Certainly, no such Malaysian passenger car has ever done so when I've been doing more than 200 with my right indicator on (another norm often practised by fast traffic). In general, Malaysian cars on the NSHW don't drive so dangerously or inconsiderately. I don't know where you're getting all your 25% statistics from, but I am speaking from fairly extensive personal experience. It's up to you whether you want to believe it or not.

(Heavy vehicles are another story, one must slow down and drive extra defensively around them. And my experience is fairly current as I've mentioned - it's not like I'm extrapolating from ancient experiences).

I never said that fast cars shouldn't be prepared to take emergency stopping or evasive action. Of course they should! It's especially important at high speed. Don't just have blind faith that people won't drive like this Mercedes.

On the other hand, people who *cause* the fast traffic to need to take emergency action are still cocksters and have no business driving on the NSHW.

Once again (since it seems you're finding it rather difficult to comprehend what I wrote, even though I used clear and simple language): the P driver was *wrong* in retaliating the way he did. I *agree* he was a dick. The Mercedes was still a bloody idiot nevertheless for putting them both in danger. The sad part is he doesn't seem to think that he did anything wrong. The even sadder part is that you don't seem to either.

i dun drive like the merc cos i started driving on NSHW 33 yrs ago when i was 18. I also travel in car going at 240-260kmh and even when approaching what the merc did, no one think they have the right to lecture the merc or do what that P driver did.

my point is as a road user, everyone drive differently and just because the unwritten norm on  highway doesn't mean everyone should know about it. Instead of having the self entitled mentality, please drive and anticipate any traffic condition, dun be pissed because some one didn't do the "Malaysian cars on the NSHW don't drive so dangerously or inconsiderately",  or lecture people or such norm. By the way, there are more people dying on NSHW everyday due to their dangerous and inconsiderate driving.

There is a saying "if i give way is goodwill, if i dun is my right", and my right not necessary has to be your right.

Actually my view is since you are travelling a long distant, drive with care and have peace, dun find fault of others will make the journey more happy.

• Praise 2

I notice a trend.... drivers in lane 1 do not want people cutting into their lane. They will flash high beam and shout "don't block limpeh" in their head. This limpeh entitlement mentality is so typical of singapore drivers. What's going on? Think they are getting too rich and they own the roads?

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 7

The porsche driver did pretty well aside from the obvious road rage which was completely unacceptable. He did not crash into the merc so he was paying attention to his surroundings and reacted accordingly. What if the porsche did not manage to brake in time and both of them collide?

The other side of the story

Posted by Porsche driver on FB

Hi folks, our Highway Code dictates that lane 1 is for fast cars and one should give way to fast cars before changing lane for safety reason. I'm the Porsche owner and would like to clarify that the Mercedes E Class driver deliberate lane changing action could cause a severe accident! I was going really fast on lane 1, and he saw me coming cos he wanted to change lane from lane 2 to lane 1 but went back to lane 2. Then he changed to lane 1 last minute causing me to do an emergency brake resulting in an almost rear end collision with him. When I passed his car, the driver's right elbow was on his car window and his right hand under his chin with a smug look on his face. I wanted him to stop his car to highlight the danger of his inconsiderate driving action that was so dangerous and could cost lives. Now, he could tell the world his one sided story. Some kinda guys without any conscience! Yes, speeding is wrong, but let the authorities deal with us. To give way is courtesy, but to deliberately cut into lane 1 of a fast coming car is so uncalled for. On hindsight, my attempt to pull him over in the midst of my anger was wrong. I should live and let live and forgive and forget. My apologies for trying to pull him over. His cause will reap his own effect of a catastrophic rear-end accident in future.

I'm constantly amazed by actions of drivers like you.  I honestly try to think what is going on inside your brain to act like that.  I can only assume a huge lack of common sense and severe lack of intelligence.  Seriously.  Yes the other driver may have made a mistake.  Didn't look like emergency braking to me.  He/she should have given way, but the way you responded was even worse.  That stupid braking really shows a lack of maturity and intelligence.  Pathetic. Either way you shouldn't have been driving so fast anyway.  Takes two to clap I know but your response tells us a lot about you.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm constantly amazed by actions of drivers like you. I honestly try to think what is going on inside your brain to act like that. I can only assume a huge lack of common sense and severe lack of intelligence. Seriously. Yes the other driver may have made a mistake. Didn't look like emergency braking to me. He/she should have given way, but the way you responded was even worse. That stupid braking really shows a lack of maturity and intelligence. Pathetic. Either way you shouldn't have been driving so fast anyway. Takes two to clap I know but your response tells us a lot about you.

U r scolding the wrong person bro.

Go FB and F the Porsche driver up.

• Praise 5

I have read four such threads and seen many videos showing evidence of such poor parking / driving, but the question remains:

Did the culprit get what's coming to him/her?

Was the victim compensated?

I'm constantly amazed by actions of drivers like you.  I honestly try to think what is going on inside your brain to act like that.  I can only assume a huge lack of common sense and severe lack of intelligence.  Seriously.  Yes the other driver may have made a mistake.  Didn't look like emergency braking to me.  He/she should have given way, but the way you responded was even worse.  That stupid braking really shows a lack of maturity and intelligence.  Pathetic. Either way you shouldn't have been driving so fast anyway.  Takes two to clap I know but your response tells us a lot about you.

siao liao....chief buay jiak buay koon liao

:D

• Praise 1