COE Bidding – 1st Round of May 2017

Carbon82

Turbocharged

If u buy Opel, be prepared to revisit this scenario again when u wanna trade in next time.

Continental brands like Opel, Seat and Renault etc. are best driven till scrap. Resale value is non existent.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

When is the time to approach sgcarmart to sell your old car?

How to ensure a seamless transition in order not to go without a car.

if you go the sgcarmart dealer bidding way, after the bidding ends and you ok with the price. The dealer will contact you to pass you deposit, you arrange with the dealer on hand over date, all black and white in the S&P agreement. So you have to cfm with your SE exactly when is the new car hand over date, then you make arrangement with the dealer. 

If you go "sell direct" route, same thing, you must make private arrangement with the buyer and state it down on the agreement you can download from sgcarmart. 

as to when to approach is up to you, important thing is the hand over date of both new and old cars. Which you have to cfm first. 

The bidding is very fast one, next day 5pm close liao. 

(edited)

Actual against my guess:

Cat A - drop by $494

Cat B - up by $1008

Cat C - drop to $472

Actually "typo" between B and C. Any Prata???? @Tianmo

Cat A - drop by $570

Cat B - up by $480

Cat C - drop to $990

Edited by Steptronic
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Continental brands like Opel, Seat and Renault etc. are best driven till scrap. Resale value is non existent.

If die die must buy those brand, better to let the first owner take the massive depreciation n buy used.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Actual against my guess:

Cat A - drop by $494

Cat B - up by $1008

Cat C - drop to $472

Actually "typo" between B and C. Any Prata???? @Tianmo

History liao lah, now we already move on to liu lian liao lor.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

if you go the sgcarmart dealer bidding way, after the bidding ends and you ok with the price. The dealer will contact you to pass you deposit, you arrange with the dealer on hand over date, all black and white in the S&P agreement. So you have to cfm with your SE exactly when is the new car hand over date, then you make arrangement with the dealer. 

If you go "sell direct" route, same thing, you must make private arrangement with the buyer and state it down on the agreement you can download from sgcarmart. 

as to when to approach is up to you, important thing is the hand over date of both new and old cars. Which you have to cfm first. 

The bidding is very fast one, next day 5pm close liao. 

Seems simple enough... will try the sgcarmart dealer bidding route after confirm when can I get my car.

Thanks for the explanation!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Seems simple enough... will try the sgcarmart dealer bidding route after confirm when can I get my car.

Thanks for the explanation!

most welcome bro,  [thumbsup]

hopefully you can get a better price for your current ride.

let me know if you not sure, I can share what I have gone through.  [grouphug]

Turbocharged

Not prudent. Despite Expo & despite the fear mongering by ADs to buy now b4 VES kick in, COE still steady.

Market is weak. Do not fall for the fear mongering.

If one already has a car, IMO it doesn't really matter cos u will still get low balled.

Like if the new car selling cheaper due to a fall in coe, your existing car will also fetch lower.

On the other hand if u are buying car without already have one, then u got all the time to wait it out

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Nope.. checked the link given. Dont think got bid for me.

I think your car no stock right? You saying coming in Aug?

I already guess they wont bid for you this round liao, mayb when they have fix date when shipment will arrive.

Hypersonic

No bids using my nirc... can still give open cat?

if they give you open cat, no need to bid, they have some in hand.

But dont think they will give open cat, will surely try to bid first one. 

Turbocharged
(edited)

Cat C COE Takes The Hot Spot

For the next few rounds, Cat C COE would be on the hot spot of many, these 2 groups in particular.

1)      Cat C owners with vehicles due to scrap in the next 1 to 2 years.

2)      Potential 1st time car owners and current car owners whose COE are due soon

Showrooms have been packed with enquiries on Cat C vehicles, including current car owners wanting to switch to driving a van.

This ‘strike Toto’ cycle comes only once in every 10 years. It’s now or never.

On the downside, this strong demand means Cat C COE is unlikely to drop much. The rebate level is a good hint. My gut feel is Cat C COE might drop just a measly 10% to the region of $23K to $25K, despite the whopping 600% rise in quota.

There is room for Cat C to drop below $10K only if the distributors get out of the picture; buyers bid for COE themselves. It’s a long open secret that distributors dictate and control COE prices.

Industry insiders I spoke to did not expect Cat C to remain almost at the same level as the last bid. Prices were pushed up by over $3K to $26K in the last 10 minutes. Word has it that a few big players went in at the last minute to secure bids and pushed prices up.  

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

4th Gear

Industry insiders I spoke to did not expect Cat C to remain almost at the same level as the last bid. Prices were pushed up by over $3K to $26K in the last 10 minutes. Word has it that a few big players went in at the last minute to secure bids and pushed prices up.

Did you ask who these big players were?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1