1.2T Megane, Kerb weight 1,315 kg

Power 97kW (130 bhp)
Torque 205 Nm
Acceleration 10.9s (0-100 km/h)

1.2T 308, Kerb weight 1,150 kg
Power 96kW (129 bhp)
Torque 230 Nm
Acceleration 10.7s (0-100 km/h)

Given almost the same power with 308 lighter by 165kg, I will be very surprise if there is an obvious struggle for the 308 to pick up speed as compared to the Megane. But I believe the drive maybe smoother for the Megane because of the 7 speed gearbox.

I guess you need to compare at what RPM the maximum torque is generated.

Other than the 7 speed gearbox, the Renault also uses 4 cylinder versus the Pug which uses 3.

Bro, you need to test drive to see the difference...

Initially I signed for the diesel model as I did not expect much from the 1.2T petrol given my experience with pug308.

It change my perception completely after trying it.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Both the cars maximum torque is generated at 1750rpm. The difference is the maximum power for Megane is at 4000rpm while the 308 is at 5500rpm. So in order to fully experience the power from 308, you not only need to be a heavy footer, you actually need to floor the accelerator to hit 5500rpm to experience it.

Personally has not test driven the 1.2T Megane but tested the 1.5T diesel GT line (1.2T model still not available at the time of my test drive) , same as you, the diesel engine is no where near the 1.2T 308 engine which I test drove (IMO) . Btw I floor the accelerator of all the cars I test drove, even the hybrid Kia Niro.... [:p]  No doubt the 1.2T is definitely a much better choice as compared to the 1.5T diesel  [thumbsup] 

Edited by tlt3668
↡ Advertisement