Robert Miles (trance musician) dead at 47

1fast1

Supersonic

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/robert-miles-dead-composer-children_uk_5912dcc0e4b050bdca60de9b

Sad news. I loved that album even though I am pretty much a metalhead. I have Dreamland on CD in my collection.

The strange thing is that I was reminiscing about his music a day or two ago, searching and listening to my favourites from the album. Rather coincidental.

So, here they are:

Even though "Children" (I've got two versions above) was his major breakthrough hit, my personal favourites are probably "One and One" (a poppy duet, for its soppy warmth) and "Landscape" (a pure instrumental that stands almost diametrically opposed, very cold and majestic - probably the coldest piece of music he's done).

Anyway, RIP Robert.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/robert-miles-dead-composer-children_uk_5912dcc0e4b050bdca60de9b

Sad news. I loved that album even though I am pretty much a metalhead. I have Dreamland on CD in my collection.

The strange thing is that I was reminiscing about his music a day or two ago, searching and listening to my favourites from the album. Rather coincidental.

So, here they are:

Even though "Children" (I've got two versions above) was his major breakthrough hit, my personal favourites are probably "One and One" (a poppy duet, for its soppy warmth) and "Landscape" (a pure instrumental that stands almost diametrically opposed, very cold and majestic - probably the coldest piece of music he's done).

Anyway, RIP Robert.

Never fail to move with this track
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Whoa!!!! Damn!!!!! Got ghost!!!! I was just listening to his music 2 days ago!!!!

Wow, you too?!

I consider myself a rational person on the whole, but there is something to be said for the persistent belief in the paranormal. Some things are difficult to dismiss as mere coincidence.

• Praise 1

Sad. Children was so popular in the 90s even though I don't listen to trance then. Was more into Techno and eurobeat then. [grin] This is one of the few trance music in my collection. RIP.

• Praise 1

RIP. I think i have my cd single of Children in a box somewhere.

Time to take it out and play a couple of rounds :grin:

Sad. RIP.  [smallcry]

He wrote Children for a good cause too. It's to calm party goers down after a hard party, so that they can be awake and alert when they drive home, instead of being high and getting into accidents.

• Praise 1

Sad. RIP. [smallcry]

He wrote Children for a good cause too. It's to calm party goers down after a hard party, so that they can be awake and alert when they drive home, instead of being high and getting into accidents.

Shouldn't they be listening to Chopin instead? :grin:
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

In the 90s when I blasted this track in my ah beng car, my gf would say ewwww....why this song so beng one?

Supersonic

Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic. 

At least read before you spam for postcount la.

Your post has 0 relevance to the topic.

• Praise 1