Submit a review & get Bullsone products worth up to $76!

spzen

Thanks for the response!

I actually just did a new wash and reapplication yesterday and this time I noticed that the haziness left behind is much less than the first time. There is indeed a moderate blue tint on the mirrors now, they were just slightly cloudy looking.

In my original attempt the cloudiness appeared on the first attempt at application, so I tried gently wiping as other user reviews suggested. After doing that I tested it with a little spray of water which left some droplets stuck, so I wiped it off and tried reapplying, which had the same hazy effect.

This time around I thoroughly wiped the mirrors with car shampoo water instead of using automotive glass cleaner. The result is similar to what you did and I did not try wiping off the mirrors. They still seemed a little hazy, but less so than before. I did test a by spraying it gently and it works as advertised this time.

I did notice that the water made the coating "glow" (like in your second video, the coating clouds up when water touches it briefly), so I thought I didn't wait long enough and might have interfered with its curing, so I thoroughly wiped the glass and reapplied on that mirror... 

It's been a full day past now though so I'll try splashing some water on it again.

I also appreciate your offer, if I find the coating is hazy again I'll look you up!  [thumbsup]

logo2_150x.png?v=1495180514

That's great to hear! Yup, the temporary clouding up on the mirror is due to a huge gush of water being thrown onto the mirror's surface, not likely in real life scenario (unless you happen to drive through a flood)  [laugh] .

Let me know if you need anything else, Happy to help!  :a-m1212:  :a-m1212:

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

logo2_150x.png?v=1495180514

That's great to hear! Yup, the temporary clouding up on the mirror is due to a huge gush of water being thrown onto the mirror's surface, not likely in real life scenario (unless you happen to drive through a flood)  [laugh] .

Let me know if you need anything else, Happy to help!  :a-m1212:  :a-m1212:

[thumbsup]

Had a closer look at my mirrors again, it seems that although it is usable, there is definitely a greyish washed out look to both mirrors. I will probably stop by a little later for you to have a look if possible! 

For everyone else, I have tried topping up the RainOK Speed Spray to my windshield and rear window through a simulation of the "in rain" method... Sprayed the RainOK on the wet glass and then sprayed the glass with water afterwards.

I doubt it is as thoroughly evenly coated as the traditional dry surface wiping method, but it seems to work! I have a little video footage of how the RainOK works in practice.

Am quite happy with Speed Spray, best part is that it doesn't cause wiper juddering and is easier to apply than its main competitor.

@spzen, how should I arrange for me to collect the Bullsoneshot?

Edited by 7hm

Hello!

You may collect at SGCM office, Monday-Friday, from 10 AM - 5 PM  :a-good:

(edited)

[thumbsup]

Had a closer look at my mirrors again, it seems that although it is usable, there is definitely a greyish washed out look to both mirrors. I will probably stop by a little later for you to have a look if possible! 

For everyone else, I have tried topping up the RainOK Speed Spray to my windshield and rear window through a simulation of the "in rain" method... Sprayed the RainOK on the wet glass and then sprayed the glass with water afterwards.

I doubt it is as thoroughly evenly coated as the traditional dry surface wiping method, but it seems to work! I have a little video footage of how the RainOK works in practice.

Am quite happy with Speed Spray, best part is that it doesn't cause wiper juddering and is easier to apply than its main competitor.

the magic about rainok speed spray is that you do not have to evenly coat it(as in cover every inch) but it still works as though its evenly coated ,  its just magical lol [hur]  

Edited by Bape85