PI reccomendations for Vellfire or Alphard

Woes

Hi,

Intending to get either of these 2 cars but not willing to fork out $30k more to get from AD. Whom are the reputable PIs to recommend?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

The cheapest?

Never... go for the Cheapest when buying P.I.,you may not get your Car,go for the famous major P.I..for a peace of mind..

• Praise 1

I think just try those bigger fishes and avoid those smaller companies. Avoid those in the CASE alert list.

Nobody willing to recommend could be due to the uncertainties of PI and how they operate.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Intending to get either of these 2 cars but not willing to fork out $30k more to get from AD. Whom are the reputable PIs to recommend?

Thanks!

The list price from from the AD is only approx $27k from the actual cost of the car to the AD. I got this from the One Motoring website for the month of April 2017. Not sure if they will give discounts over list price when you buy from them.

How are you paying $30k more from AD? What is the savings you can get from buying PI vs AD? For a car that is around $200k, some would go for AD for peace of mind.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I think Cars like there Big MPV,better go & buy from Agent,take note,P.I. Cars,the Instrument,are in Japanese,not many people understand.

The list price from from the AD is only approx $27k from the actual cost of the car to the AD. I got this from the One Motoring website for the month of April 2017. Not sure if they will give discounts over list price when you buy from them.

How are you paying $30k more from AD? What is the savings you can get from buying PI vs AD? For a car that is around $200k, some would go for AD for peace of mind.

Do you know the difference between a AD Alphard/Vellfire and a PI one? The answer is pretty self-explanatory.

Do you know the difference between a AD Alphard/Vellfire and a PI one? The answer is pretty self-explanatory.

Nope. Not looking at MPVs. Do you know?

I think the prices from both should be disclosed by anyone who knows so people can compare directly.

Nope. Not looking at MPVs. Do you know?

I think the prices from both should be disclosed by anyone who knows so people can compare directly.

Yes I know. And very well because I was keen to get one.

I am amused by your posting as to why you want to poke in as you are not looking at MPVs as you stated. Anyway the prices are all there in the sgcarmart site, just don't trust the price listed by the PIs too much as some put very low just to entice you to enquire. Actually if you want to order features that are similar, both the prices from AD and PIs are quite similar.

Yes I know. And very well because I was keen to get one.

I am amused by your posting as to why you want to poke in as you are not looking at MPVs as you stated. Anyway the prices are all there in the sgcarmart site, just don't trust the price listed by the PIs too much as some put very low just to entice you to enquire. Actually if you want to order features that are similar, both the prices from AD and PIs are quite similar.

Did you get one in the end? If you did, who did you get it from? My children were very keen for me to get one when we went car shopping because it is very comfortable for passengers. I decided against it as I preferred the drive of sedans.

I was curious why someone would just post what seems like a rather random question with an assertion that an AD charges $30k more. I think people should be given the right information to make their decisions. Some will go with ADs while others will go with PIs, but as long as they know what they are getting then that's fine. Which is why I posted the prices I can see on One Motoring.

Did you get one in the end? If you did, who did you get it from? My children were very keen for me to get one when we went car shopping because it is very comfortable for passengers. I decided against it as I preferred the drive of sedans.

I was curious why someone would just post what seems like a rather random question with an assertion that an AD charges $30k more. I think people should be given the right information to make their decisions. Some will go with ADs while others will go with PIs, but as long as they know what they are getting then that's fine. Which is why I posted the prices I can see on One Motoring.

To put simply, the difference could be seen by the type of seats offered in second row. AD uses only lounge seats and only have 7-seater variant with engine under 2.5L. PI offers the full range from 8-seater to normal 7-seater to lounger seat 7-seater with engines under 2.5L and 3.5L, meaning many many variants. As such the price for AD rides have been about 200k while that for PI can range from 160k all the way to > 200k.

But funny thing is if you compare the rides from AD and PIs with similar lounge seats configuration, both side will come to about 200k. Thus people should buy from AD if they want lounge seats at 2.5L engine as no brainer choice. But the PIs in this case offer consumer more economical choices if they want a 8-seater or lesser 7-seaters with lower equipment level, which otherwise would put this wonderful ride out of reach for some people, like me. So it is true that PI charges 30k extra, but you get much higher equipment list with to-die-for lounge seats.

I normally do not support PIs, but would be willing to take a plunge with reputable PIs if really cannot tahan the temptation. Or might even consider CX9 in the end haha.

But please do not ask me which PI to get from, as I do not want to be involved in this mess.

To put simply, the difference could be seen by the type of seats offered in second row. AD uses only lounge seats and only have 7-seater variant with engine under 2.5L. PI offers the full range from 8-seater to normal 7-seater to lounger seat 7-seater with engines under 2.5L and 3.5L, meaning many many variants. As such the price for AD rides have been about 200k while that for PI can range from 160k all the way to > 200k.

But funny thing is if you compare the rides from AD and PIs with similar lounge seats configuration, both side will come to about 200k. Thus people should buy from AD if they want lounge seats at 2.5L engine as no brainer choice. But the PIs in this case offer consumer more economical choices if they want a 8-seater or lesser 7-seaters with lower equipment level, which otherwise would put this wonderful ride out of reach for some people, like me. So it is true that PI charges 30k extra, but you get much higher equipment list with to-die-for lounge seats.

I normally do not support PIs, but would be willing to take a plunge with reputable PIs if really cannot tahan the temptation. Or might even consider CX9 in the end haha.

But please do not ask me which PI to get from, as I do not want to be involved in this mess.

No worries, not going to ask for PI names. I don't know myself and also don't know the AD. Just want to put the right information out there for people to make their own decisions. Cheers

Apologies, my bad for not giving more info on where  I got the $30K difference from. Sniped this just only and this is from sgcarmart.

post-13516-0-47003600-1494949213_thumb.png

This is my first time trying to go the PI route so I'm defintely a noob in this aspect. To me, the Alphard/Vellfire checks all my list as a comfort people mover. I know the different trims will alter the pricing but as long as it covers my basic needs like, leather seats, USB playable HU and 3 rows aircon, I'm good. Since PI has different trims while AD has only one, I believe flexibilty is a factor too.

OMV is another factor. Pricing may be good because of lower OMV but end day, if price is a concern, I will be looking based on depreciation because I see myself driving this for a long time, at least till my last kid comes to an age.

The thing is, if the seasoned guys here can recommend trustable PIs, I will not think of going to others even if they can provide superb pricing. It is definitely not worth it though if the difference is not that huge. I'm taking $10K as a benchmark. Anything within, I will go for AD for a peace of mind too.

Appreciate all the advices given.

• Praise 1

Apologies, my bad for not giving more info on where I got the $30K difference from. Sniped this just only and this is from sgcarmart.

Alphard.PNG

This is my first time trying to go the PI route so I'm defintely a noob in this aspect. To me, the Alphard/Vellfire checks all my list as a comfort people mover. I know the different trims will alter the pricing but as long as it covers my basic needs like, leather seats, USB playable HU and 3 rows aircon, I'm good. Since PI has different trims while AD has only one, I believe flexibilty is a factor too.

OMV is another factor. Pricing may be good because of lower OMV but end day, if price is a concern, I will be looking based on depreciation because I see myself driving this for a long time, at least till my last kid comes to an age.

The thing is, if the seasoned guys here can recommend trustable PIs, I will not think of going to others even if they can provide superb pricing. It is definitely not worth it though if the difference is not that huge. I'm taking $10K as a benchmark. Anything within, I will go for AD for a peace of mind too.

Appreciate all the advices given.

"Trustable" PIs - thats a multi-million dollar question!

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

These 3 PIs are more established: Prime, Vincar & SPL Automobiles.

Prime is part of the Prime transport group which includes new & used cars, & their boss Neo Nam Heng is regularly interviewed by the Straits Times for comments on COE and other car-related issues. (A check on their new & used car prices also shows that their prices are generally one of the highest among all the PIs).

Vincar is a PI that regularly gets good reviews from MCFers. (Their prices are cheaper than Prime but are still generally far from being the cheapest).

SPL Automobiles - my family & I had a test-drive with them last year for an 8-seater Alphard but eventually decided not to buy. They made all the necessary arrangements for us, even arranging a test-drive on a Sunday afternoon, and arranging with a dealer for trade-in of our current vehicle. The salesperson was patient and constantly followed up with me. Overall, the service was good. Early this year, there was a news article about Lion City Rentals suing Sunrita (parent company of SPL Automobiles) for non-performance of obligations, but this is a side issue which should neither affect their service standards nor the going concern of the business. (Sunrita is in the business of investment property & was incorporated in 1968.)

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I have heard alot of Vellfire & Alphard,[also affected Harrier]hit by the CVT gearbox failure at very low Mileage,recall was on the way,i wonder how true it is.?

Anyone with any experience with Richburg? Some years back I was told that they that part of the group that is the AD of Toyota in HK?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1