Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/government-to-conduct-trial-of-mobile-app-for-parking-charges-8848624

Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charges

File photo of a carpark in Singapore (Photo: Francine Lim)

15 May 2017 04:51PM(Updated: 15 May 2017 05:10PM)
Share this content
  •  

SINGAPORE: The Government will be conducting a trial of a mobile application that will allow motorists to pay for their parking charges using their mobile devices.

For a start, the app will be tested among public sector officers in May and June, at selected public car parks in the city area that still require paper coupons, announced the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), the Housing and Development Board (HDB) and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) in a joint news release on Monday (May 15). 

The car parks include those in Amoy Street, Circular Road, Emerald Hill Road and Duxton Road.

"The mobile app will provide more convenience for motorists as they need not return to their vehicles to add more coupons to extend their parking session," said the agencies. 

All motorists have to do is key their vehicle number into the app, select the car park, indicate their parking duration and start parking.

According to the agencies, the app automatically calculates the charges that motorists have to pay based on their parking duration on a per minute basis.

A refund will be given if they choose to leave the carpark earlier than the duration that was keyed in. Likewise, motorists can extend the duration of their parking session without having to return to the vehicle. 

Among the issues authorities said they will be testing is the payment module, "to be confident of its robustness before we extend the trial to the general public."

They added that the plan is to extend the trial to members of the public later this year.

Source: CNA/am

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Wait for all the lame excuses to come out when kena saman later:

"My phone battery flat"

"I type wrong carpark"

"Dunno where I left my phone"

"I can't download the app"

"My data exceeded"

"I drop my phone n it spoilt"

"I'm using 2G phone"

• Praise 3

Too late... app is dying breed. The future should not be apps... too many apps, each for different purposes.... [bigcry]

I hate apps. :yuush:

+1: my assphone is a Windows Phone/Blackberry/Blueberry, no apps available. [laugh]

"My phone battery flat"

"I type wrong carpark"

"My data exceeded"

"I'm using 2G phone"

The not tired of trials I am also tired. I can think of hydrogen vehicle, electric vehicle, diesel passenger vehicle (RU plates), driverless vehicles and the list goes on and on. What's missing is results and conclusions and implementation. All just like old soldiers, faded away.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Now the scholars com out mobile app for parking charge? After they have implemented the EPS?! They really want to squeeze on every ways to generate $$$!

"My phone battery flat"

"I type wrong carpark"

"My data exceeded"

"I'm using 2G phone"

Hahaha

You very fast thought of excuses for people already.

Last one cannot use.

Provider already cut 2G to minimum 3G.

Can say I used the wrong phone?

The not tired of trials I am also tired. I can think of hydrogen vehicle, electric vehicle, diesel passenger vehicle (RU plates), driverless vehicles and the list goes on and on. What's missing is results and conclusions and implementation. All just like old soldiers, faded away.

More trials more errors.

Just issue summon on errors.

Is just their way of 'wayang', to show people they're doing something, when in actual fact they don't want to do anything.

Trial finish say unsuccessful or inconclusive, then can wash hands already.

Supersonic

what's that issue with CEPAS and Nets cashcard ?

they can't even be standardize everywhere.

some don't accept this, some don't accept that.

can't even get the basic right.

• Praise 2

(edited)

what's that issue with CEPAS and Nets cashcard ?

they can't even be standardize everywhere.

some don't accept this, some don't accept that.

can't even get the basic right.

Ya lor I don't understand why our cashcard system is not as ubiquitous and simple as HK's octopus card. Got nets card, got flash card, some can use here, some don't work there. Especially at car parks if not compatible must swap cards on the spot. Wtf scholars.

That's why at retail POS you find most ppl either use nets or credit cards rather then cashcard.

By the way I'm all for getting rid of the antique of parking coupons. We are one of the top countries in the world for 4G adoption, fibre broadband, world-class toll shark aka ERP, etc. But we are still tearing paper coupons (and littering them on the ground).

Edited by Jellandross

if kena WannaCry ... how? lol

Don't worry.. government already provided a bullet-proof and future-proof cutting edge solution for ALL kinds of security vulnerabilities -> disconnect from the Internet.

Now the scholars com out mobile app for parking charge? After they have implemented the EPS?! They really want to squeeze on every ways to generate $$$!

Yes.

Increase fare just update the app system.

Coupon need to print and ask 7-11 to store up.

Ya lor I don't understand why our cashcard system is not as ubiquitous and simple as HK's octopus card. Got nets card, got flash card, some can use here, some don't work there. Especially at car parks if not compatible must swap cards on the spot. Wtf scholars.

That's why at retail POS you find most ppl either use nets or credit cards rather then cashcard.

By the way I'm all for getting rid of the antique of parking coupons. We are one of the top countries in the world for 4G adoption, fibre broadband, world-class toll shark aka ERP, etc. But we are still tearing paper coupons (and littering them on the ground).

Coupon for me all the way. I won't come to the forum so often to kpkb o. Increase charges.

Supersonic

Don't worry.. government already provided a bullet-proof and future-proof cutting edge solution for ALL kinds of security vulnerabilities -> disconnect from the Internet.

One more additional lame excuse for saman appeal: "My phone jam kena WannaCry virus."

If I'm the URA / HDB saman appeal officer, hear all the cock n bull excuse everyday oso wanna cry....

(edited)

They will compile a list divided into left and right columns.

The outsourced PRC XMM will read and match. Those on the left, reject. Those on the right, escalate to higher ranking officer.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

So this is the reason they increase carparking rates? To use technology?

Hopefully it's a much better system dan those erp type of parking system that don't cockup and get every car to be stuck in the carpark.

Supersonic

So this is the reason they increase carparking rates? To use technology?

Hopefully it's a much better system dan those erp type of parking system that don't cockup and get every car to be stuck in the carpark.

This new app confirmed would not get every car to be stuck in the carpark de, but would get every car to get summon. Lol.

They will know where you are. :mellow:

Tell us what do you have to hide. Why worry about ppl find out your whereabouts? You drug mule is it? [laugh] 

↡ Advertisement