Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

The not tired of trials I am also tired. I can think of hydrogen vehicle, electric vehicle, diesel passenger vehicle (RU plates), driverless vehicles and the list goes on and on. What's missing is results and conclusions and implementation. All just like old soldiers, faded away.

the Natural Gas and the few million dollars that go into that hare brain scheme .. , building the infrastructure and where is the accountability of failure or sucess ?

↡ Advertisement

Buy motion detector camera with proximity alarm.

Once detected, it will send SMS to you (for you to check thru the camera) and you can quickly use the app to buy the e-coupon.

Hmm.. a good idea.  Maybe an anti-Traffic Warden app that will auto activate the URA parking app for its (paid) subscribers whenever a warden is near?  Just charge each subscriber $2 a month.  700K vehicles/drivers, $1.4M monthly income.

Who say Singapore cannot be smart nation?

Huat lah!

• Praise 2

They made parking enforcement redundant by introducing eps parking but still need to pay to operator now they want to get rid of these operators by introducing app based payments and earn 100% of profit.....very good and efficient business model.

Have not seen those parking attendant for a while now....oni saw once last yr who was doing rounds on foot i the middle of the night.

In Japan, they have a very innovative way. once you parked your car and off the engine, within 2 minutes a metal flag is lifted under your carriage. 

You need to pay at a auto pay station before the flag is lowered. although they also have ETC like our ERP card for highway, car park generally don't use EPS. 

• Praise 1

In Japan, they have a very innovative way. once you parked your car and off the engine, within 2 minutes a metal flag is lifted under your carriage. 

You need to pay at a auto pay station before the flag is lowered. although they also have ETC like our ERP card for highway, car park generally don't use EPS. 

They should seriously get rid of the farking barrier at all the carpark.... else you got kuku driver who forgot to put cash card, forget to top up, Bolehland driver never bring cash card etc..... knn.... kena stuck..... use the bloody ERP system.... never put cash card, never top up, candid camera and summon $50 plus carpark charges..... confirm the fella will never forget again... OR, every driver need to tag a credit card to the IU unit.... simi carpark charges also charge to CC.... 

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 2

They should seriously get rid of the farking barrier at all the carpark.... else you got kuku driver who forgot to put cash card, forget to top up, Bolehland driver never bring cash card etc..... knn.... kena stuck..... use the bloody ERP system.... never put cash card, never top up, candid camera and summon $50 plus carpark charges..... confirm the fella will never forget again... OR, every driver need to tag a credit card to the IU unit.... simi carpark charges also charge to CC.... 

Not sure if is the barrier or the new  IU cash card reader, I got stuck at the entrance from my season parking on numerous occasion, my previous older IU doesn't have this much problem though.

• Praise 1

I tio before the reader either can't read my Nets Cepas card fast enough or can't read at all.

When I said not fast enough, it's like a few embarrassing minutes.

So u dunno whether to change an old Nets chip card or just wait.

A few times I swapped too soon and kenna deducted twice.. Once on the Cepas Nets card, and again after I swapped into my old Nets Smart chip card.

Kns.. Lousy system.

• Praise 2

This new app gps can't detect the current location

U have to go to the nearest sign board to check what is the carpark code.

And key in manually.

The good thing is , they refund the amount for the balance timing

• Praise 1

I've actually used the app a few times already. I find it a lot more convenient than tearing coupon and I don't have to rush back to my car to tear a new coupon. And, it refunds whatever remaining time I don't use. 

• Praise 2

Just used the parking app, easy to use and can easily extend the parking timeframe without physically going back to car to tear more coupons.

Any unused portion will be refunded.

Only issue, it won't auto detect the carpark location and it will be good to have an alert (or alarm beep) to inform about ending time.

Good experience, will use.

• Praise 3

Don't understand why everything need a dedicated app. Waste of resources...

Just put it as mobile online like m.parking.sg

Come out web page:

CarPark Loc:

CarPlate:

Duration:

CC/DN Card:

What's so difficult?

Well, you can sit somewhere near and watch your car.

Don't put parking coupon, don't pay by the app yet.

When you see saman auntie coming, no need to rush to your car to put coupon, just pay by the app then.

• Praise 1

Dont give idea leh, japan carpark $10 or more per hr leh!!

Turbocharged

Just used the parking app, easy to use and can easily extend the parking timeframe without physically going back to car to tear more coupons.

Only issue, it won't auto detect the carpark location and it will be good to have an alert (or alarm beep) to inform about ending time.

some roads are too closed to each other. and they have two different parking codes.

this feature is already in the app. try check the setting.

my phone will beep 10mins before expiry

Supercharged

there is push notification 10 mins b4 end time already
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1