Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

Since I started using this app last year August, my monthly parking fee is around $45-$50. Increased by 50%.

Usually for coupons, per month less than s$30. Cos always cheat 10-15mins starting time and 5-10 after coupon expire.

u can start late and end early also.  [smash]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

u can start late and end early also. [smash]

Don't fully agree. Why? Cos if you start late and end early with a physical coupon, there's a chance that the warden will close an eye cos maybe your watch was off and so on and because there is a physical coupon.

Electronic it is different. If the warden came and your e coupon is not up, it is assumed you did not pay at all. Harder to appeal cos if you use hand phone record it shows you started late or ended early.

You can start late and end early. Like as you are walking out of the car park then click start and click end as you are walking into the car park after making sure there is no warden. I do that. I save a grand total of 10 cents each time.

Unless for some reason you are hanging around the car park yea you can start later or end earlier but just note that wardens might come from different direction.

Since I started using this app last year August, my monthly parking fee is around $45-$50. Increased by 50%.

Usually for coupons, per month less than s$30. Cos always cheat 10-15mins starting time and 5-10 after coupon expire.

Stick with parking coupon if you dont plan to park there for very long.

Not a good idea to use the app since it can be used to track your location..

The data collected from your parking location and time can be used in big data analysis. You won't know what they will use the data for.

They will start selling data to wives soon..

suspend parking enforcement mean won't get summon?

Parking.sg app temporarily down for Android users on Tuesday
27 Feb 2018 02:30PM (Updated: 27 Feb 2018 02:57PM)

parking-sg-app-credit-ministry-of-commun
The Parking.sg app. (Photo: Ministry of Communications and Information)

SINGAPORE: The Parking.sg app was down for several hours on Tuesday (Feb 27) for Android users.

In a Facebook post at about 9am, Parking.sg said the app was temporarily unavailable for Android users, due to a "network issue". Affected users were not able to pay for parking sessions.

It apologised for the inconvenience caused and said it would suspend parking enforcement until the app is working for Android users.

In an update about three hours later, Parking.sg said it is still investigating the issue and clarified that enforcement action at all coupon car parks will be suspended until the problem is fixed.

The app was restored at about 2.40pm, according to Parking.sg. 

Reports that the app was not working surfaced on social media early in the morning on Tuesday, with disgruntled users airing their frustration on social media.

"Parking.sg has been down for at least two hours, from 6.45am to 9.05am now. Epic failure. Moronic," tweeted Kuiyu Chang at 9.06am. He posted screenshots of the app showing a message that said there was a "network error".

The app, which was made available for download last October, can be used to pay for parking at public car parks that used paper coupons.

The system has had several issues since it was launched, including a bug last December which caused some users' parking sessions to disappear after they closed the app. This meant some users created new parking sessions, and paid for overlapping sessions for the same period of time.

Other issues included reports that the map in the app was not loading.