Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

just like uber/grab apps, if dun 'kill' the apps, the gps running in the background will drain battery and phone get heat up.

Just sharing my update following my first experience with the app - I am using is iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.1 (14E304).

Interface is easy and straightforward to use. The carparks now have their parking numbers displayed prominently which made it very easy to locate and select the right car park.

After setting up the parking and starting it, I just hit the home button to exit the app back to home screen and went for my appointment. Alerts still came in 10 minutes before the expiry of my e-coupon despite my phone being on standby - so that's good. Also, phone did not unnatural discharge in power (89% at start of parking to 74% at end of parking after 3 hours) nor experience any hotness.

All-in-all, a pleasant and good experience.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Tried the app so far. Time lock in is by GPS then u select the duration u need. Can't even cheat to login in 5-10mins later to start the coupon. Govt really squeeze every cent out of you.

Tried the app so far. Time lock in is by GPS then u select the duration u need. Can't even cheat to login in 5-10mins later to start the coupon. Govt really squeeze every cent out of you.

it means you also cannot end the parking session early?

why not? you can still start late and end early if you are around the car when summon auntie come.

Huh? What do you mean "Time lock in is by GPS"?

You have to manually select the carpark which your car is parked and then select the duration you need. There's no lock-in unless your car is linked via satellite to URA/HDB/LTA. I just used it this morning and only activated it once I got a seat at the coffeeshop - which was at least 5 minutes later.

Edited by Terrylmt

what he meant is cannot "enter" start time aka enter 5-10 mins later and walk away

once you activate, it starts to countdown immediately

unlike coupon ... you park at 1pm but tear coupon starts at 1.10pm or more cheong tear 1.15pm

if parking auntie come to check at 1.05pm normally give chance ... lol

that's the open secret for 30mins coupon to park 40-45mins ... [laugh]

although you can activate the app 5-10 mins later

but if parking auntie come at 1.05pm see no coupon and check no parking in app sure summon lo

Huh? What do you mean "Time lock in is by GPS"?

You have to manually select the carpark which your car is parked and then select the duration you need. There's no lock-in unless your car is linked via satellite to URA/HDB/LTA. I just used it this morning and only activated it once I got a seat at the coffeeshop - which was at least 5 minutes later.

Edited by Wt_know

the ticket show no amount (fine) to be paid leh [confused] Maybe the auntie saw no coupon and key in the info to print out but the system detect under apps so final ticket show no payment needed.

attachicon.gif22282099_1483671831668599_9212120411841231780_n.png

I tio once, never put coupon and when I went back to car, thought got summon Lao, see the ticket, was heng Fatima give chance. Then recently I start to use mobile parking app, saw Fatima come and left, there is no ticket in my car windscreen. So it is not no info detect in the apps la, it's more like Fatima give chance or see this car plate number clean record so just give warning only. Next time will sure get summon.. Haha Edited by Yewheng

what he meant is cannot "enter" start time aka enter 5-10 mins later and walk away

unlike coupon ... you park at 1pm but tear coupon starts at 1.10pm or more cheong tear 1.15pm

but if parking auntie come at 1.05pm see no coupon and check no parking in app sure summon lo

Of course cannot la. The whole point of the app is to make sure you don't cheat what.

• Praise 1

This app is the best thing ever.

It's so convenient. I've always hated coupons.

Especially the once I put the stupid older 50cent one by accident and got a summons along Tanjong Pagar. Super annoying.

Neutral Newbie

Lol. YES! thats what i meant. thanks.

Still can cheat.. assume you park at 12pm, 1220pm then key in the parking aps Loh... provided during that 20min interval no summon officer

How does this work for overnight parking? Hdb carpark 1030pm to 7am is $4 via coupon if I park the entire duration.. let's say if we use app, it's 30 mins interval $0.60.. there's no $4 option.. so $1.20*8.5hours = $10.20?

No idea. Something to feedback!

In the meantime, just buy a book of overnight parking coupons for those late night soirees... :secret-laugh:

How does this work for overnight parking? Hdb carpark 1030pm to 7am is $4 via coupon if I park the entire duration.. let's say if we use app, it's 30 mins interval $0.60.. there's no $4 option.. so $1.20*8.5hours = $10.20?

HDB carpark overnight parking all using cashcard to pay right? And also after 7pm, they are reserved for season parking already.

Road side one is only until 1030pm.

Supercharged

HDB carpark overnight parking all using cashcard to pay right? And also after 7pm, they are reserved for season parking already.

Road side one is only until 1030pm.

nope, some overnightable car parks still not cashcard gantrified

↡ Advertisement