Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

nope, some overnightable car parks still not cashcard gantrified

Where ah? I don't recall seeing any already. 

↡ Advertisement

Where ah? I don't recall seeing any already.

those housing estate with open air parking lor.

my place still have, the MSCP near my block also dun have eps yet.

those housing estate with open air parking lor.

my place still have, the MSCP near my block also dun have eps yet.

I see, even my Eunos old estate open carpark also EPS already. 

And the coupon carpark behind my block is reserved for season parking holder after 7pm so can't park overnight also. 

Edited by Fcw75

I wonder if the parking app have 10mins free grace period for the carpark you login. Any idea?

You put coupon got Grace Period ? 

Grace Period is for vehicles who drop off their friends/family/passengers & not really meant to be 1st 10mins free. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

You put coupon got Grace Period ? 

Grace Period is for vehicles who drop off their friends/family/passengers & not really meant to be 1st 10mins free. 

hahaaha.  [:p]

Twincharged

I wonder if the parking app have 10mins free grace period for the carpark you login. Any idea?

grace period is for you to look around for a carpark lot and exit if no lot found.

its not meant to be free 10 mins parking.

anyway, i feel the app is good and convenient ... the other day went to tampines HUB and found myself a very good lot. but once i parked in, then i realized i forgot to put my coupons in my car ... then i rem about the app and DOWNLOADED it on the spot and then just used it. wasn't too sure about the carpark number so i just anyone chose one that was the nearest.

anyway, if got any problem i think can appeal since we already paid - although for the wrong carpark.

anyway, now i know the carpark number already.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

LOVE this app. Last Saturday I need to collect something from a shop. Parked, walked off and activate at the same time. Collected and walked back, ended session session as I saw my car. 6 cents for 3 minutes parking ! woo wee ......... 

If put coupon, waste rest of the time. If don't put, risk $30 fine

• Praise 3

Don't have la, the moment I key in let's say 30 minutes. The time start from that time I click start parking.

How does this work for overnight parking? Hdb carpark 1030pm to 7am is $4 via coupon if I park the entire duration.. let's say if we use app, it's 30 mins interval $0.60.. there's no $4 option.. so $1.20*8.5hours = $10.20?

Don't worry, the app will calculate nicely for you taking into account of night parking and per minute parking. The app will also not allow you to (pay fees) to start parking if it detects its a free parking. I kanna once, I keep want to start parking but the app does not allow me to do that. Then I realized, oh its a free parking after 7pm.

• Praise 2

Don't have la, the moment I key in let's say 30 minutes. The time start from that time I click start parking.

Don't worry, the app will calculate nicely for you taking into account of night parking and per minute parking. The app will also not allow you to (pay fees) to start parking if it detects its a free parking. I kanna once, I keep want to start parking but the app does not allow me to do that. Then I realized, oh its a free parking after 7pm.

I parked at a lot today at 7.30am and the parking only start at 8.30am, I can't pre-activate the parking at 8.30am, so put my coupon instead in case forgotten about it. Got good got bad.

• Praise 2

Er ........ you only need to start paying parking fee only on and after 8:30am.  

All these years (decades), I quickly eat breakfast at 7++am, so I dont need to pay a coin lor.  Or I put a coupon at 8:30am if I need to park until 10am lor .....

I assume you also know that raising the right wiper mean attending a wake, so .... FREE.

I parked at a lot today at 7.30am and the parking only start at 8.30am, I can't pre-activate the parking at 8.30am, so put my coupon instead in case forgotten about it. Got good got bad.

Edited by Apple-Tree

this app is great! last Sat i stupidly put 4 coupons, then when i exceeded the 4 hours, a friend told me about this app. no need to walk back to the car to add additional coupon. 

Huh. So rigid?

Smart nation without brains.

Twincharged

set alarm on your phone lor ... just like the app will notify you once left 10 mins to extend parking.

set alarm on your phone lor ... just like the app will notify you once left 10 mins to extend parking.

he was saying cannot pre-select start time.

if anytime before 830am is free, maybe can still leave the place and only activate the app from 830am?

if anytime before 830am is free, maybe can still leave the place and only activate the app from 830am?

yes correct. just need to remind yourself via alarm etc to activate the app at 8.30am. 

Pre-select start time......

.,,,,sounds like the good old days where we tear the coupon 15 mins ahead of the current time.

[laugh]

Pre-select start time......

.,,,,sounds like the good old days where we tear the coupon 15 mins ahead of the current time.

[laugh]

good old days? i am still doing it  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement