Switch Off Aircon and Media Player before Turning Off Engine

Jaason3138

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Ah! Thats why I have an airtight box for dabao of food. So no smell will get to my car. Hates that.

Also good time to semi fumigate my boot ..🙄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Ah! Thats why I have an airtight box for dabao of food. So no smell will get to my car. Hates that.

I have a Styrofoam box for that as well as when buying frozen food.

• Praise 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:50 PM, Discoburg said:

I always have a practice to off the AC and let the fans blow just as I entered the MSCP. .

WS guy said this way can prolong life span of cooling coil and less bacteria build up 

but I always forgot to off it and run fan

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

WS guy said this way can prolong life span of cooling coil and less bacteria build up 

but I always forgot to off it and run fan

I usually do it within 1km of reaching home everyday, gives it abit of time to run

• Praise 2

34 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I usually do it within 1km of reaching home everyday, gives it abit of time to run

Outstanding driver 

me dementia ah pek 

• Haha! 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:29 AM, Discoburg said:

I still do warm up my ride like for 10s. When started, the Mazda 3 does rev quite high and then drops to below 2K rpm after like 10s. Then I move off. 

Yeah, both my Mazda 3 and W205 will rev quite high when it cold start. Both will wait around 20 secs before moving off. 

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Oppositelock said:

Yeah, both my Mazda 3 and W205 will rev quite high when it cold start. Both will wait around 20 secs before moving off. 

Just drove again today and I notice that it starts up at around 1600 rpm and then drop to 670 rpm after like 10-20s. Was wrong in timing for my earlier post.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, Discoburg said:

Just drove again today and I notice that it starts up at around 1600 rpm and then drop to 670 rpm after like 10-20s. Was wrong in timing for my earlier post.

No worries mate. I watched a YouTube video with animation. It states that we need around 12 seconds for engine oil to lube the whole engine after starting. So I always wait around 20 seconds before slowly moving off for cold start. 

In SG not so much of a concern, but in US I usually idle even longer and drive slowly for 15 mins before going above 3k rpm when weather is cold. That's for a 5.0L V8 engine where it heat up a lot faster than 4 cylinder. 

• Praise 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, Volvobrick said:

If the car is from 70's or 80's, yes. Modern cars air cons have some delay after engine is started. No need to be so ley chey one. Like warming up engine. 

Just start and go. Or stop the engine and leave the car. I use my car like using a hammer. Pick it up and start hammering, finish the job just put back into tool box.

I used to do that, continued the practice after changing to a mass market conti. Then came the mouldy aircon smell after 1 year for a new car.  Did aircon flushing but smell came back after 1-2 years.

A friend told me to put everything to auto and in your words, l treat it like a hammer.  I have not had that issue since. Not sure if that is the cause but you could be right 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 5/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Voodooman said:

I used to do that, continued the practice after changing to a mass market conti. Then came the mouldy aircon smell after 1 year for a new car.  Did aircon flushing but smell came back after 1-2 years.

A friend told me to put everything to auto and in your words, l treat it like a hammer.  I have not had that issue since. Not sure if that is the cause but you could be right 

Was the car with mouldy and soury aircon smell a C class?

Mine used to have this and have to keep changing the filter every year.

I have tried every method from drying fan coil before shutting down the car to using some air canister under the sun. Didn't eradicate it.

Might be a design issue. 

All other cars I've driven never have this problem.

34 minutes ago, Solar said:

Was the car with mouldy and soury aircon smell a C class?

Mine used to have this and have to keep changing the filter every year.

I have tried every method from drying fan coil before shutting down the car to using some air canister under the sun. Didn't eradicate it.

Might be a design issue. 

All other cars I've driven never have this problem.

No it was an E class.

Like I said, after I left everything to Auto, the issue didn't recur for 2 years.  

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

No it was an E class.

Like I said, after I left everything to Auto, the issue didn't recur for 2 years.  

I see.. I had the issue with Auto also. I'm rather lazy kind 😆

Then I thought I shouldn't be lazy and had to do something to prevent the mouldy and sour smell from reoccurring 😆

Turbocharged
On 6/5/2020 at 8:17 PM, franzo84 said:

I never turned off the media player before turning off the machine. Is it necessary?

• Praise 1

In short, no, you dont have to turn off your air con before turning off your vehicle. it never hurts to disable electrical systems, including the fan, before switching off the ignition.

↡ Advertisement