Coe 2nd round for May

Philipkee

Turbocharged

The $108999 is for demo unit. New cars at $111999.

demo car? did u go down and check? their online price is $111999. usually they deduct $2k off from this list price, so might be $109999. I didn't go and ask though 

↡ Advertisement

Altis drop to $2k to $108k and Civic drop $3k to $112k. The AD doesn't match the Coe drop.

What is the rationale that price must drop equivalent as coe drop ? The coe drop is meant for the current buyer that purchase the car, not for future car coe price. AD forcast that the next round, coe might gone up. So conservatively, they will not drop as much. If not, new buyer will kpkb if cant secure their car.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Hmm.... People will not like it when you know how toxic it is.

Another good reason to get a second hand car..... Other than wallet not deep enough.

For most cases, typical running cost base on a 20k a year mileage is easily equal to the car dep per year. for a new B&B car, dep is about 9-10k. Running cost is about the same. Saving of 2k a year is prob 10% only and most people might just want to go new.

not forgetting, a 9 year old GTi IF you comparing to the new GTi, the drive and the handling of the old car is way better then new. If it drop to 40 K range or lower, many will be rushing to extend.

If i'm not wrong a very old engine? car is heavy and fuel consumption might not be that good.

well, can always buy the turbo version. Quite nice to drive. 

demo car? did u go down and check? their online price is $111999. usually they deduct $2k off fruom this list price, so might be $109999. I didn't go and ask though

Their online price should be accurate for Civic. For example, the last online price was $114,999 and it is the same price at the showroom when I was there. Maybe those who are at the show room recently can verify.

Turbocharged

One word: downpayment.

That depends on what car you buy. Downpayment for a Lancer EX or K3L is 10k cheaper than 10 years COE.

if the car buyer has downpayment problem, he should not buy any car.

It just make his life worse.

I think still worth it to use COE car since depreciation is $2k cheaper per year.

my car usage is very low. My 10 years old car mileage only 70,000 km.

well, everyone like new car smell. hahaha...

keep think of change new car but my wallet said no...

No point using COE car if you are ok with a Lancer EX or K3L. After deducting the extra expenses for maintenance and road tax, better off spending that extra 20k over 10 years for a new ride. First 5 years unlikely to have any issues with the car, no worries when driving.

• Praise 1

That depends on what car you buy. Downpayment for a Lancer EX or K3L is 10k cheaper than 10 years COE.

No point using COE car if you are ok with a Lancer EX or K3L. After deducting the extra expenses for maintenance and road tax, better off spending that extra 20k over 10 years for a new ride. First 5 years unlikely to have any issues with the car, no worries when driving.

That's why lancer EX,k3L,attrage,elantra GLS is created to attach those intend to renew coe car owner.2k difference per yrs is enough to make many people make a switch and no point to keep the coe car.Every year still must send for inspection.

• Praise 2

I am ok with Lancer EX or K3L. Just think of change to Forester/Vezel. Wanna try different type of vehicle.

The additional road tax for COE can be offset by lower insurance premium. New car insurance premium higher.

Old car still safe to drive in Singapore. Can call tow truck easily. No worries

I just worry if drive to Malaysia. Once breakdown, don't know who can save me...

I am ok with Lancer EX or K3L. Just think of change to Forester/Vezel. Wanna try different type of vehicle.

The additional road tax for COE can be offset by lower insurance premium. New car insurance premium higher.

Old car still safe to drive in Singapore. Can call tow truck easily. No worries

I just worry if drive to Malaysia. Once breakdown, don't know who can save me...

While most well maintained old car still consider safe to drive here,

Additional road tax paid doesn't add any benefits to you nor your car.

New car ins includes own damage cover which COE car ins don't.

Should consider AA membership if buying COE car.

2 cents worth

While most well maintained old car still consider safe to drive here,

Additional road tax paid doesn't add any benefits to you nor your car.

New car ins includes own damage cover which COE car ins don't.

Should consider AA membership if buying COE car.

2 cents worth

my current insurer offer own damage cover for COE car. My insurer is AXA. I know some insurer does not offer own damage cover for COE car.

AA is having promo. 3 years $110. It just towing service. No repair.

I think there is some garage offer free towing service, if you repair your car at their garage.

Please note low-spec K3 and Lancer, as well as altis and civic, have only 2 air bags. Huge turn off for me personally.

Car cheap life cheap...

2 airbags is the standard for 10 years ago.

6 airbags should be the standard feature for new car.