BMW 8 Series 2nd Generation

inlinesix

want to fight with Porky 911 and Maser GT?

beh sai leh .... just like i8 cannot fight with bull and horse not even R8 ...

Fighting with Merc S class coupe la

This is a GT.

That's why start from M850. Next model to be launched is ///M8.

↡ Advertisement

1st gen 8er has beautiful line.

Present one too fuzzy with all kinds of lines especially at bumpers.

Porsche has demonstrated importance of clean lines.

• Praise 1

(edited)

i wonder how these car travel in amdk land ie USA

the road condition is not much better than msia b-road (uneven up/down) and plenty of potholes

in city ... cannot cheong ... in highway cheong straight no fun ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

want to fight with Porky 911 and Maser GT?

beh sai leh .... just like i8 cannot fight with bull and horse not even R8 ...

I8 was never meant to fight bull and horse. But then since u put them together, means bmw did a good job.
  • Praise 1

I'm not really impressed. If it's build as a 6 series GT replacement shouldn't it be slightly longer or have a similar wheelbase as the 6-ser?

I'll still stick to the CLS class...

• Praise 2

BMW 9 Series could be on cards, hints design chief

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/bmw-9-series-could-be-cards-hints-design-chief

BMW design director Adrian van Hooydonk has hinted that a 9 Series four-door coupé to rival the Mercedes-Maybach S600 could be on the cards as part of the brand’s push into the high-end luxury market.

The German marque recently launched a new 8 Series to take on the Porsche 911 and Mercedes S-Class, as part of plans to move the top end of its range further into the premium market. That strategy is likely to include a number of new models, which could include a 9 Series.

When asked whether BMW had plans for a 9 Series, van Hooydonk said: “Let’s say this: we won’t stop here [with the 8 Series]. Obviously our job is to have more ideas than the company can build, because the other way round would be very bad.

“My team and I are now looking at 2021 and beyond – as far out as 2030. We have a lot of plans.”

BMW has been evaluating the launch of a range of upmarket cars for years, and has recently introduced a new design language designed to appeal to a high-end audience.The recently launched 8 Series coupé is the first model to carry that name since the original went out of production in 1999, and is set to be followed by a four-door coupé version late next year.

Van Hooydonk added that the 8 Series was just the start of a “new chapter”, saying: “The coupé will always kickstart the next level in design. The same is true for this car.”

The 8 Series shares platform elements with the 7 Series saloon, and such architecture would likely underpin a future 9 Series, which would also share engines with those cars. The 8 Series range includes a 4.4-litre 523bhp V8 petrol engine in the M850i, and a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder diesel producing 316bhp in the 840d. A mild hybrid version is understood to be on the way.

A large four-door coupé would likely prove particularly popular with high-end buyers in China, while a 9 Series would also tie in with the potential expansion of BMW’s SUV and electric i ranges. The firm has already trademarked every model name between i1 and i9, iX1 and iX9, and between X1 and X9.

Van Hooydonk also said that the growth of the i brand has given BMW the freedom to push into the premium market: “The i brand has created a lot of opportunities for us, both in the acceptance of new technologies, and also in the acceptance of new design. [in terms of design], a car like the i8 opened doors to us we didn’t even know were there.”

BMW confirms 8 Series Convertible, Gran Coupe for 2019

2019-bmw-8-series-convertible-drops-top-
https://www.auto123.com/en/news/bmw-confirms-8-series-convertible-grancoupe/64963/#Y20EFemH5CJX7eSO.99

MW has officially confirmed that it will be bringing to market two new performance models, the 8 Series Convertible and 8 Series Gran Coupe. During a conference call to outline the company’s plans, chairman Harald Krüger touched on all aspects of the company and its focus going forward.

image: https://adserve.atedra.com/static/zone.php?z=9012&u=www.auto123.com/en/news/bmw-confirms-8-series-convertible-grancoupe/64963/&dc=19483&vi=baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad&ord=adstanding_iframe_9012_1535135397304_87737

The two 8 Series will serve to replace the equivalent 6 Series cars on the German manufacturer’s roster; they will also be produced in M versions, although these are not expected to be ready until later in 2019.

Harald Krüger confirmed that a new concept, called the iNEXT, should be presented at some point this year. We presume this will be an electric model. The company wants to have it ready for production by 2021.

In 2019, the production version of the front-wheel-drive 1 Series should be ready for the assembly line in 2019; same goes for the next generation for the 3 Series. Certain rumours are floating to the effect that it may make an appearance at this year’s Paris auto show in October.

There’s more. BMW is working on debuting the new X6 SUV in 2019, and intends to give its 7 Series a significant refresh next year as well. There is also the possibility that we may yet see M performance versions of the X3 and X4 SUVs, though that remains unconfirmed.

The company has already announced that it will build a new assembly plant in Europe (in Hungary, to be exact), and will focus strongly on the Chinese market in the near-future – no surprise at all, given that China represents the automaker’s fastest-growing market.

Edited by DACH

BMW.DE configurator for M850i is up and running.

Glass gear knob cost EUR 900.

Gear Knob so cool but don't have Glass handbrake...left only 1 button  [rolleyes]

Gear Knob so cool but don't have Glass handbrake...left only 1 button  [rolleyes]

Nowadays, everyone is using e handbrake mah.

In BMW World, there is 1 unker ask whether got British racing green or not.

↡ Advertisement