Hokkaido Summer Holidays

2BDriver

Japan northern island Hokkaido summer holidays. 

Thanks for sharing, will be travelling to Hokkaido in November

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing, will be travelling to Hokkaido in November

I will be touring Hokkaido round island with initial JR flexible 6 days Hokkaido south east JR railway pass and the rest would be car rental self driving road trip. 

In November would be extremely cold for me and wife, chosen summer season for more comfort and relaxation. 

Keep in touch with any of your inquiry with regard Hokkaido 

• Praise 6

Do update how it is like for Summer.  Does it get too hot?

Went Winter before, self-drive most of the time.  Was great!

• Praise 1

I will be touring Hokkaido round island with initial JR flexible 6 days Hokkaido south east JR railway pass and the rest would be car rental self driving road trip. 

In November would be extremely cold for me and wife, chosen summer season for more comfort and relaxation. 

Keep in touch with any of your inquiry with regard Hokkaido 

Need to apply for international driving licence to drive there? Asked before and answers were confusing, some said yes and some said Singapore licence is recognised there

Need to apply for international driving licence to drive there? Asked before and answers were confusing, some said yes and some said Singapore licence is recognised there

Yes, you need IDL to drive in Japan. 

I'd applied from AA Singapore (Ang No Kio)

• Praise 5

(edited)

Do update how it is like for Summer.  Does it get too hot?

Went Winter before, self-drive most of the time.  Was great!

Just arrived in New Chitose airport, outside temperature is 20 ℃

post-62943-0-74577200-1496796769_thumb.jpg

post-62943-0-12865800-1496796788_thumb.jpg

post-62943-0-89153300-1496796888_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 3

20 ℃ is just nice la. I just went on April. It was between 3-8℃. So cold and dry. Enjoy ya  and drive safety !

Just arrived in New Chitose airport, outside temperature is 20 ℃

Went there last year around this time too. The sun rises around 5am, can't get used to it. Thinking back, should have wake up earlier instead of 8am to make full use of the daylight there.

Wanted to plan for a winter trip but wife not too keen.

• Praise 1

20 ℃ is just nice la. I just went on April. It was between 3-8℃. So cold and dry. Enjoy ya  and drive safety !

JR Flexible 6 days railway pass 

post-62943-0-13352900-1496799581_thumb.jpg

post-62943-0-98201800-1496799602_thumb.jpg

post-62943-0-15233800-1496799629_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

(edited)

Yes, you need IDL to drive in Japan. 

I'd applied from AA Singapore (Ang No Kio)

enjoy your holidays bro!!!!!

me contemplating going year end and looking forward to more FR from you. Eg. POL and of course makan!!!!!

Btw, i applied my Int'l Driving License through internet and was mailed to me few days. Too lazy to go down.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 3

Went there last year around this time too. The sun rises around 5am, can't get used to it. Thinking back, should have wake up earlier instead of 8am to make full use of the daylight there.

Wanted to plan for a winter trip but wife not too keen.

Nice cloudy day with strong winds breeze  :a-happy:

me contemplating going year end and looking forward to more FR from you. Eg. POL and of course makan!!!!!

Btw, i applied my Int'l Driving License through internet and was mailed to me few days. Too lazy to go down.

Will do,  sir.   [nod]

post-62943-0-25016800-1496800044_thumb.jpg

post-62943-0-79548500-1496800061_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

JR Flexible 6 days railway pass 

Oh railway also good la. Relax and dont need to worry about driving and finding direction.

(edited)

If want more snow for skiing, got to be late Dec around X'mas onwards.  Early Dec may not have enough snow.

As for makan, local ramen or local Japanese eating places suffice!  About 12 dollars average but fairly big portion.  And I especially like their cream puff...

If in Sapporo, staying around the train station is convenient with plenty of shopping and eating choices, all connected underground so you don't have to brave the cold.

Don't miss out on the snowmobile ride in Sapporo if you are an outdoor type of person.

I am tempted to go again.... [laugh]

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3