The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Twincharged
(edited)

i know la ... the question is why LHL want to keep ... ok this one can speculate for "political gain"

the bigger question is why LHY and LWL are so EAGER/PASSIONATE to demolish even willing to go public with the ra ra show

what cause the "beh song" level so high that cannot resolve amicably liao

going public with the matter make spore (the country) become world laughing matter and criticism

will LHY and LWL "sue" LHL (PM) next?

I got a theory..

Maybe LHY and LWL want to quickly demolish the house so that they could get over it... As they knew that lhl will think of ways to reverse it to preserve the house. So the sooner it was demolish, the less chance that the demolish will be overturned..

Also because they knew that lhl was sort of kept in the dark that the will was changed to demolish for the last will due to their careful planning to put smoke screen to make it seems like the last will is only amending who has the share and not talking about to add in demolish the house clause back. That's why they purposely choose the timing where kkl is not around and want it quick, which lky may had already know what's going on and agree with the plan and thus so hushly sign it without kkl presence.

It still boils down to what is the event that happened during aug2011 to Nov 2012 that make lky u turn on the decision on demolishing the house. If lky u turn the decision is not because of his strong belive, but rather then to stop the unhappyness between lky and lhl and other things.. Then lky may in deep mind still want to put back the demolish clause but how to do it without lhl knowing it.

all these are just my speciation.. And what chain of event from 1st will that led to lky u turn in the 5th and 6th will to preserve the house maybe the key to the answer of the chain of events that lhl wrote long words on the event happened from 5th will to the last will and after lky passed on.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

How often have we seen LKY changed his mind on a decision he had made?

From Aug 2011 to Dec 2013, that is a little more than 2 years, he changed his mind 6 times? Why?

How did LWL come to know the content of the wills? And why is her aware that the final one is back to the first will?

The 2 younger ones keep talking abt demolition, but LWL keep saying she has no intention to move out?

I may not be a smart man, but I think I not that old to not think straight yet. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

煮豆燃豆萁, 豆在釜中泣

本是同根生, 相煎何太急?

Demolition or no demolition, a house is just not worth for siblings to fall out over.

LKY would have put a nuke over 38 Oxley if he knew this would happen.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

煮豆燃豆萁, 豆在釜中泣

本是同根生, 相煎何太急?

Demolition or no demolition, a house is just not worth for siblings to fall out over.

Ya end of the day, I still feel lhl should forget it and let the house demolish and nothing will happen. It maybe due to his mindset that still want to think of ways to preserve the house that led to worsen relationship with siblings and now turn into this ugly situation..

So sum up better demolish the house la..

However it's too late Lao as things already esculated to the whole world on such ugly situation.

Edited by Yewheng

Hypersonic

Between a doctor and a politician. I trust a doctor more. Period.

Hahahaha

How about PAP MP Dr Ng Eng Hen or Dr Lim Wee Kiat?

Hahaha...

How much for the neighboring properties (three) each?

Maybe if can make it, we will try to purchase 37 or 39 or whatever number is opposite. Why?

Holy land.

Cheers everybody.

post-132626-0-40092900-1497679229_thumb.jpeg

Between a doctor and a politician. I trust a doctor more. Period.

Hahahaha

Among the siblings, whom all have had successful careers.

Her's is the one that's hardest, no amount of connections or nepotism etc will qualify you as a neurologist (compared to her 2 brothers saf star). Short of rocket scientist, next down the line has to be neurologist Liao.

Before the politics came in, she wrote in the ST regularly, and sensibly too.

Can't say the same of her brother who is infamous for his wtf statements.

But now, it seems there's a rather distasteful angle implying her as unstable. Quite sad.

Ya end of the day, I still feel lhl should forget it and let the house demolish and nothing will happen. It maybe due to his mindset that still want to think of ways to preserve the house that led to worsen relationship with siblings and now turn into this ugly situation..

So sum up better demolish the house la..

However it's too late Lao as things already esculated to the whole world on such ugly situation.

If it's simply wanting to preserve it, there would be no problem. Solvable.

It's the way he went about doing it that caused the rift. That cause his closest relatives to question his character now.

Steering attention to the house or will doesn't change the core issue the siblings are accusing him of.

The MSM will unfortunately eventually steer the attention into house and will. Impartiality in our MSM is simply not there.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Her's is the one that's hardest, no amount of connections or nepotism etc will qualify you as a neurologist (compared to her 2 brothers saf star). Short of rocket scientist, next down the line has to be neurologist Liao.

But now, it seems there's a rather distasteful angle implying her as unstable. Quite sad.

Is she an active neurologist? As in the "ops" type, rather than just qualify and never practice much, just do admin/management at a high-level befitting her status?

But have to admit, the path to qualify in neurology is definitely harder than in the military (that never have any real experience). Some more it's our own military, so sure pao chiak one. Whereas in the medical field, overseas institutions don't care who you are in singapore.

However, let's admit it - unmarried people as they get older and lonely tend to become a little eccentric [laugh] It goes with the territory. They live life as they want, without having to make compromises to others. Thus will tend to come across as being a little unsociable and "strange".

LWL used to write her mind in the ST. Every week make the editor sweat over how to edit and publish her article without causing offence. Eventually it all got too much, either too much editing and she refused to let herself be censored. Or they just  stop publishing. I thought she wrote well too. A lot of time on her hands.

• Praise 4

(edited)

ç®è±çè±è, è±å¨é中泣

æ¬æ¯åæ ¹ç, ç¸çä½å¤ªæ¥?

LKY should have made public announcement before saying goodbye

aka cast and stone decision to demolish or not demolish

once left to next generation to decide

simi beans simi sprouts also no use

fight until all break up

actually, if we took his interview seriously

he wanted to demolish and move on ... that's it

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged
(edited)

If it's simply wanting to preserve it, there would be no problem. Solvable.

It's the way he went about doing it that caused the rift. That cause his closest relatives to question his character now.

Steering attention to the house or will doesn't change the core issue the siblings are accusing him of.

The MSM will unfortunately eventually steer the attention into house and will. Impartiality in our MSM is simply not there.

Ya went too far to even get committee involved in this. Which is really almost step over the gray line or had already stepped over the gray line depending on what is the lhl involvement.

But hey, how come committee need to involved in the 1st place? To investigate the suspect fraud from the siblings? If that's the case, bring to court. But hey lhl mentioned that he did not bring out in court to protest within the 6 month grace period due to he do not want to be a public affair that Mr Lee family reputation to be affected.

The next issue is that how would committee suspect there may be fraud case if Mr Lee's family keep the argument private? So who leak it out that suddenly need special committee involvement? As lhl said he is not involved in anything on the committee? Lhl himself leak it out? Like that still need someone to approve to form a committee to invistage the Mr Lee's will, who approved it?

Also Lwl, lhy now fearing their life that they feel that they need to move overseas as if this investigation keep going on, they may found out the truth on the last will.. If the truth is LKY is aware of the plot for the last will and go with it, does it mean lwl and lhy do is not wrong? If lky is not aware of the plot for the last will, then lwl and lhy will be in deep trouble..

Edited by Yewheng

Can u clarify what exactly is her stand on this issue? Demolish or carry on staying there?

I just don't give much weight to wat she says atm.. regardless of her qualifications.. I read what ppl say.. does not mean smart is always right..

Turbocharged
(edited)

LKY should have made public announcement before saying goodbye

aka cast and stone decision to demolish or not demolish

once left to next generation to decide

simi beans simi sprouts also no use

fight until all break up

actually, if we took his interview seriously

he wanted to demolish and move on ... that's it

Whatever his actual decision, I believe that due process is still more important than the whims of a single person.

He may have owned the house, but as it is now a part of singapore's history and has potential conservation value, cannnot suka-suka go and demolish. The state/govt of the day has a right to take over and establish it as some kind of historical building. Just as if your own family had a 999-yr leasehold property and land ... the govt has a right to take over at any time for national interests and priorities.

Given LKY's character after years in power, I think he simply cannot tahan the idea of peasants traipsing through the house and going through his personal living space. That's all, and not some altruistic motive of not wanting a shrine to his memory, etc.

Edited by Sosaria

In the event that an order would be issued against his wishes, the former Prime Minister added in his will: "If our children are unable to demolish the house as a result of any changes in the law, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the house never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants."

in the news article already shown that LKY foresaw that the house demolition would be blocked by unfilial eldest son..using the house for political mileage

• Praise 3

in the news article already shown that LKY foresaw that the house demolition would be blocked by unfilial eldest son..using the house for political mileage

Old man knew someone would build a shrine on his nest and use it as a trump card for his own personal gains

Interesting.....wonder if anyone would want to use my Nick a ktv cult or not

funny that LKY can pass the seat to his son but worry about the son wants to pass to his grandson. Go through so much just to set his son up?

good guy is him bad guy also him.

• Praise 2

Old man knew someone would build a shrine on his nest and use it as a trump card for his own personal gains

Interesting.....wonder if anyone would want to use my Nick a ktv cult or not ðð

Of course, after you win the president election.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1