The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Hypersonic
(edited)

Only wish more politicians, be it opposition or ruling party, have bigger ......

..... balls (helped to complete the sentence). Edited by Pocy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Only wish more politicians, be it opposition or ruling party, have bigger ......

looks like meant to be

chwee gong

lumpa song

• Praise 6

So after so long, brief summary (to my knowledge la):

- It seems like it's about the house, but actually it's not about the house.

- In essence, siblings are upset at why LHL set up a secret committee to talk about what is supposed to be their house

- Ministers say committee is not secret, siblings dispute this

- PAP line about Oxley is that it is of public interest, there's why need to have committee to decide what to do with it, regardless of what LKY's will says.

- Siblings say not demolishing the house constitutes abuse of power from LHL as it goes explicitly against LKY's will

- Then they dig out more things to illustrate this abuse of power (HC taking LKY's things etc)

- LHL defence is that the will changed many times, some say demolish some say not. So got much debate about what LKY actually wanted.

Let's wait for Monday...

And Some say is family dispute, some say is not... Hahaha. Either way, getting bored of this drama.

• Praise 2

(edited)
In a way, I think Singapore's social divide in this saga is this..

Some people suspect or know, but fear the truth.

Some people fear being TOLD the truth... Too much to handle.

Tactically, should have released this after 3 July?

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1

3rd july is just a big bull shit shenanigans

• Praise 13

Said Mr Janadas:

"Dear Wei Ling: Your latest post blares, tabloid-style, misleading information. Having edited you for many years, I know this is not your style.

The email you quote was written when I was Associate Editor of Straits Times, not Chief of Government Communications. And as you know well, I had met Mr Lee Kuan Yew with a few other journalists to discuss a book that he had proposed on 38 Oxley Rd.

When he met us in July 2011, he made plain that he wanted the house to be demolished. But as the months and years passed, the nature of the project changed as it became less definitive whether the house would be demolished – and if so, when.

For example, we were told that you will be staying in the house for as long as you live. Then I learnt plans to build a model of the interior of 38 Oxley Rd was dropped – because, I gathered, Mr Lee was considering plans to gut the interior of the house altogether to remove traces of the private space.

There was no doubt then or now that Mr Lee’s preference was to demolish the house. But as the shifting instructions we heard from the family in 2011-12 – including from you – indicated, the fate of the house had by no means been decided at that point.

I ceased to be involved in the Oxley Rd book project in July 2012, when I left ST. My personal view remains that Mr Lee’s wish to demolish 38 Oxley Rd should be granted the moment you are no longer living in it, which may be 20, 30 or more years in the future.

In the meantime, I am as baffled as most Singaporeans why Hsien Yang and you wish to consume all of us in your personal family matters.

Please: Think of Singapore, and forget the rest."

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Don't think there is social divide due to this issue. Life still goes on as normal with or without the house feud. It is only government that think that with this feud will affect their reputation.

Devan already come out to make a u-turn. Obvious unhappy LWL used him as a pawn.

Devan is really weak.

The point of lwl mail is that Lhl claimed lky did not insist on demo.

But Devan confirmed in writing that lky was firm on demo.

The implication of that lwl mail is that Lhl was not telling the truth. That leaves Devan in a tough spot. But why should he worry if he simply told the truth?

For Devan to completely miss the issue, is simply unrivalled in incredulity.

To say lwl LHY pulled him into a family matter. .. it ain't just a family matter, and they are not the one using state organs either.

Ex aassociate editor of ST, now chief propagandist.

Coincidentally no wonder ST is ranked 154, and govt is called a deaf frog.

• Praise 1

Did devan make a u turn?

My reading tells me that lky changed his mind. Probably resigned to the fact that the govt can and will override his wish. To me, seems like lwl is pulling info but not according to sequence of events. Just to cause more confusion and to support her view.

Actually, if lky wanted to demolish it, why did he give the house to lhl? Some how this need to tie back to his final plan.

Look at this seriously now 50% of workforce has a degree and talk well the former style of govt is not going to work.No one smart would want to go in and become a machine gun target.Current day style need a collective and coordinated and accurate govt.If anyone goes in by himself he is stupid.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Devan is really weak.

The point of lwl mail is that Lhl claimed lky did not insist on demo.

But Devan confirmed in writing that lky was firm on demo.

The implication of that lwl mail is that Lhl was not telling the truth. That leaves Devan in a tough spot. But why should he worry if he simply told the truth?

For Devan to completely miss the issue, is simply unrivalled in incredulity.

To say lwl LHY pulled him into a family matter. .. it ain't just a family matter, and they are not the one using state organs either.

Ex aassociate editor of ST, now chief propagandist.

Coincidentally no wonder ST is ranked 154, and govt is called a deaf frog.

Lwl is really stupid to use devans email.

A man who can betray his own family name and side with the enemy is no man at all.

No wonder he is on lhls side. Both have them have no honor and respect for their fathers.

Edited by Kusje

(edited)

Lwl is really stupid to use devans email.

A man who can betray his own family name and side with the enemy is no man at all.

No wonder he is on lhls side. Both have them have no honor and respect for their fathers.

On one side = you have everything

On one side = you have nothing

Which side you choose? 钱不是万能。但是没钱,万万不能

Edited by Neost

(edited)

how many millions of tax payer money will be wasted on Mon to talk about 1 house :yuush:

i would rather they talk about SMRT smlj testng ...

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1