The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Twincharged

I said politic aside la, what yoi dont understand?

the methods used ARE politics... u missed it?

↡ Advertisement

the methods used ARE politics... u missed it?

I said the house might worth presevation becaise it ties in with our independence history. Its just a simple harmless opinion of mine. I never mention any other things, did I?
  • Praise 1

Goh Keng Swee was very much on par with LKY.

SG's economic and defence progress did not come about from LKY.

EDB and ST is very much founded by GKS to support the 2 ministries.

Look at the pillars they have become..

Goh Chok Tong, was a scholar turned Prime Minister, taking over the mantle of the old man himself, and set about sharing bounty of the country's progress where HDB resale flats rocketed from its 50k value to the ballpark of 200k.

If your parents are feeling rich from their property net worth, it is all due to GCT's directives, not LKY.

By these virtue, I propose turning the houses of these great men into museums in remembrance of our Heroic forebears, least we forget our roots.

Let visitors look at the cosy beds and toilets that powered these great men and be inspired.

If the consensus from public is to gazette the respective houses.. then fair point..

But u cannot deny there is a decent more portion of ppl who want lky house preserved.. vs gct or gks..

If WP believe parliament is not the place but instead the courts should be place for this debate, then WP should boycott. Otherwise WP are legitimise the whole saga.

• Praise 3

If WP believe parliament is not the place but instead the courts should be place for this debate, then WP should boycott. Otherwise WP are legitimise the whole saga.

Got use meh?

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

LKY is a good man, a great man.

He truly care for the country he builds up.

He didn't want to be worshipped or his house standing as a monument.

Sadly, the 1st son thinks otherwise and try to use it for selfish political gains.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

Boycott means the lhl will go unopposed. The parliament will be just be left with only yes men agreeing with lhl side of the story.
  • Praise 4

Goh Keng Swee was very much on par with LKY.

SG's economic and defence progress did not come about from LKY.

EDB and ST is very much founded by GKS to support the 2 ministries.

Look at the pillars they have become..

Goh Chok Tong, was a scholar turned Prime Minister, taking over the mantle of the old man himself, and set about sharing bounty of the country's progress where HDB resale flats rocketed from its 50k value to the ballpark of 200k.

If your parents are feeling rich from their property net worth, it is all due to GCT's directives, not LKY.

By these virtue, I propose turning the houses of these great men into museums in remembrance of our Heroic forebears, least we forget our roots.

Let visitors look at the cosy beds and toilets that powered these great men and be inspired.

The things is for many people Singapore history is only LKY, GKS is the forgotten hero. Many forgot 2 main pillar form by GKS is our finance and MINDEF.

No doubt LKY is the key man but GKS is also another key man just one without the limelight

• Praise 2

LKY is a good man, a great man.

He truly care for the country he builds up.

He didn't want to be worshipped or his house standing as a monument.

Sadly, the 1st son thinks otherwise and try to use it for selfish political gains.

What selfish political gain?

He's going to retire after next term.

When will this end...many people are holding on to their precious homes there awaiting the chance to sell their home leh. Dun let the 85 years old man wait too long. He already waited very long.

The things is for many people Singapore history is only LKY, GKS is the forgotten hero. Many forgot 2 main pillar form by GKS is our finance and MINDEF.

No doubt LKY is the key man but GKS is also another key man just one without the limelight

Hmmm.... GKS house also cannot be demolished .... [sly] 

Better set up a Committee quick .. :yuush: 

:XD:  :XD: 

• Praise 1

Yes LKY was the leader but without those pioneer be it Minister or common ah ah ma now ..There won't be Singapore. Singapore belong to all of us, Singaporean. In fact government should be the worker and Singaporean the boss. How often we are leave with no choice with their so call "democratic centre" policies. The 6.9 shifting of electoral zone. The Malay PM etc etc. Some with alternative simply pack up and leave. Many really feel angered by LHL or Lee family trying to built a Lee danasty over Singapore.

I said before..The early era of 60/70/80 was good where we can see/feel that the government is moving toward a common goal in moving Singapore from a developing country toward a developed country. Now it seem many decision/policies working toward profit/numbers benchmark.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

What time is the wayang starting tomorrow? 

Ok I answer myself  :XD:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/pm-lee-speaks-on-oxley-road-dispute-in-parliament-on-july-3-follow-the-straits-times-for

- Parliament sit on 11am

- mee siam mai hum start wayang act at 1230pm after question time ends

- NO LIVE TELECAST

- live update from ST 

Anyone doing live update here? @Radx?

Or any PAP doggie here willing to do live update? I can give points as well as bones for you to chew  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 4

(edited)

When will this end...many people are holding on to their precious homes there awaiting the chance to sell their home leh. Dun let the 85 years old man wait too long. He already waited very long.

The problem with holding on to property for profit gain is because government make housing so fxxking expensive. A life time of workings just to pay off the house. If housing is so cheap than we won't see people holding on to their property. Remember SLA and HDB reporting to a single boss. Hdb need to purchase land. Land and HDB belong to which ministry? Who those respective ministers report?

Ok I answer myself :XD:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/pm-lee-speaks-on-oxley-road-dispute-in-parliament-on-july-3-follow-the-straits-times-for

- Parliament sit on 11am

- mee siam mai hum start wayang act at 1230pm after question time ends

- NO LIVE TELECAST

- live update from ST

Anyone doing live update here? @Radx?

Or any PAP doggie here willing to do live update? I can give points as well as bones for you to chew [laugh][laugh]

Don't call them four legged. Once i was red carded for doing so. Surprising the rule changes in mcf since the last GE. Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

The problem with holding on to property for profit gain is because government make housing so fxxking expensive. A life time of workings just to pay off the house. If housing is so cheap than we won't see people holding on to their property. Remember SLA and HDB reporting to a single boss. Hdb need to purchase land. Land and HDB belong to which ministry? Who those respective ministers report?

Don't call them four legged. Once i was red carded for doing so. Surprising the rule changes in mcf since the last GE.

I call them doggie, I didnt call them four legged, so I dont think I will get red card  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

Looks like the machine is working.... Hahaha....

Just rename Changi International Airport to LKY International Airport as HE was instrumental in its development and is still a well-known figure internationally. Rebuild part of the house in Istana (or Sentosa, I don't really care as LKY wrote so many books and his life was so well documented, we don't need a house to remember him and the history he made) and everyone happy.

But at this rate we are going, we are not going to last another 50 years, so what is there to remember?

How about the old National Stadium, National Theatre, the old National Library? They all hold a lot of significance in Singapore's history. Why are they demolished?

LKY probably knows all these divides and unhappiness are going to happen after his death about his house and will want it to to be demolished to prevent all these monumental idolism. There are many ways to remember him and he does not want to be remembered like those great people in foreign lands where they build statues, museums, etc.

The old man wish is just want the house to be demolished and the country continues to progress without his house. Is it so hard to fulfill the last wish of one of the most respected late leader here? If we can't even respect his last wishes, then what is the point of remembering him?

↡ Advertisement