The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Supersonic

There's the president who is supposed to watch the leader. As we know, the current one can only push fried chicken. Hence the deliberate plans to disqualify any not from their inner circle to take the post

Uh. The president only has powers over the government's expenditure and finances leh (and appointing of key positions)

I don't think the role has any powers over the PM.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I went to see MR Tang Liang Hong rally at YCK stadium and walked down amk streets shouting out WP.

I gave up after he lost that election. 50++% to 49++% irc.

So whether its LKY or LHL or anything with the Lees, i simply hate. lol

Hmmm.....just walked past a guy doing a 1 man protest in Raffles Place under the sun. He was holding some sign board but I didn't read, so freaking hot.

LHL has lost his credibility.

He himself said he will sue immediately if someone say he abuse his power but he will not sue his own brother and sister.

Lost big time.

He is PM, under attack not just on personal level but on the institution and system of country.

Not taking actions against siblings is like telling the whole world I give chance because they are my siblings.

He don't defend himself doesn't meant he can also not defend the institution and country for such attack.

• Praise 4

I am following the Parliamentary proceedings now.

PM Lee said 'Going to court will not achieve a quick resolution'. But he forgot his party is famous for using summary judgements on defamation suits on their political opponents, namely Chee Soon Juan.

http://www.international.ucla.edu/asc/article/47647

And Low Thia Kiang said it very spot on in parliament this afternoon, 'Own siblings cannot sue, but political opponents, sue until their pants drop!'

Hence the conclusion is, own siblings cannot sue and as will tarnish parents' name and also drag on for many years, but political opponents, can sue and better still apply summary judgement to 'quicken' the legal process.

I think you need to re-assess your observation. As many as 70% has had repeatedly for the past 50 odd years still want the same despite kopitam, social media as well as newspaper had been discussing the issue many times over. So how to conclude "kanna short changed our tax money".

Analog: It is like a prostitute who spread legs to earn goodies but cry rape. How can like that?

[laugh]

• Praise 2

I am following the Parliamentary proceedings now.

PM Lee said 'Going to court will not achieve a quick resolution'. But he forgot his party is famous for using summary judgements on defamation suits on their political opponents, namely Chee Soon Juan.

http://www.international.ucla.edu/asc/article/47647

And Low Thia Kiang said it very spot on in parliament this afternoon, 'Own siblings cannot sue, but political opponents, sue until their pants drop!'

Hence the conclusion is, own siblings cannot sue and as will tarnish parents' name and also drag on for many years, but political opponents, can sue and better still apply summary judgement to 'quicken' the legal process.

I don't support going to court.

Go to court, means bringing shame to LKY's name and reputation.  No matter what, we are Asians here, our face is still important, not some liberal loose Americans who will sue mother father son daughter dog cat for anything.  

Low thinks this is a talk show for the public to see? 

If want all siblings to come together and trash it out, we can have a closed door independent COI, comprising of Presidential advisory committee members and judges (No ministers please).

Its not a lawsuit, per se. its more of independent judgement that will straighten things out and lay some clear directives and understanding for the siblings.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Go to court, means bringing shame to LKY's name and reputation.  No matter what, we are Asians here, our face is still important, not some liberal loose Americans who will sue mother father son daughter dog cat for anything.  

If want all siblings to come together and trash it out, we can have a closed door independent COI, comprising of Presidential advisory committee members and judges (No ministers please).

Its not a lawsuit, per se. its more of independent judgement that will straighten things out and lay some clear directives and understanding for the siblings.  

i support going court coz the allegations r serious enuff 2 render that. Tis is not abt 1 family issue anymore, its abt our country's stability. The world is watching. if Theyre not taken 2 court, his integrity will b unclear no?

but imo he takes them 2 court, he may well not have favourable judgement?... i truly dont envy his position now.

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

Yes I agree with you we are all Asians and there is this 'face' thing we need to be mindful of. But bearing in mind the accusations against him are very serious. Only by going to court are the warring sides allowed to present their cases to a hopefully independent judge.

Right now, what I have seen is PAP MPs are hesitant to ask the tough questions , because being Asians, they are to give face to their Secretary General.

And after today, there is no guarantee we will hear no more from the accusers. So is he going to convene a special parliamentary sitting every time his accusers post something on facebook at 330am?

• Praise 1

i support going court coz the allegations r serious enuff 2 render that. Tis is not abt 1 family issue anymore, its abt our country's stability. The world is watching. if Theyre not taken 2 court, his integrity will b unclear no?

but imo he takes them 2 court, he may just well lose the case... i truly dont envy his position now.

i still don't buy going to court idea.  It's not a public show.

ESM Goh echo what i just said (or rather its other way round.  i type here without reading ESM Goh's speech).  Keep the quarrel private and don't bring shame to the family.  Its a very Asian culture, much more its the name of LKY that we are talking about here.

The COI will make them apologise to each other privately and shake hands. and focus on the next course of actions for the dammed house.  No lawsuits.  Everyone must stay objective.

Turbocharged
(edited)

ESM Goh echo what i just said (or rather its other way round.  i type here without reading ESM Goh's speech).  Keep the quarrel private and don't bring shame to the family.  Its a very Asian culture, much more its the name of LKY that we are talking about here.

The COI will make them apologise to each other privately and shake hands. and focus on the next course of actions for the dammed house.  No lawsuits.  Everyone must stay objective.

asian culture means dont rock boat n let superpower politicians run the country indefinitely by trusting they r forever perfect? I duno man about having 3d world politics in a 1st world society & economy...

but i agree that there'll b unknown repercussions if this saga doesnt die off... but how will they keep LWL & LHY quiet?

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)

COI has no power over LHY and LWL leh. 

Why should they participate in a farce? 

Your words which I highlighted in red shows you still think it is just about the house. The allegations are about abuse of power not the house. You can have a private settlement for the house but for abuse of power, that's every singaporeans' concern.

I also quote GCT again.

But if they've defamed us, we have to sue them -- because if we don't, our own integrity will be suspect. We have an understanding that if a minister is defamed and he does not sue, he must leave cabinet. By defamation, I mean if somebody says the minister is on the take or is less than honest. If he does not rebut it, if he does not dare go before the court to be interrogated by the counsel for the other side, there must be some truth in it. If there is no evidence, well, why are you not suing? - Goh Chok Tong

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 3

Yes I agree with you we are all Asians and there is this 'face' thing we need to be mindful of. But bearing in mind the accusations against him are very serious. Only by going to court are the warring sides allowed to present their cases to a hopefully independent judge.

Right now, what I have seen is PAP MPs are hesitant to ask the tough questions , because being Asians, they are to give face to their Secretary General.

And after today, there is no guarantee we will hear no more from the accusers. So is he going to convene a special parliamentary sitting every time his accusers post something on facebook at 330am?

they still do it in a closed door COI, with no lawsuit. But of course, the COI members must be very highly respected people with impartial views.  Going to court will be very tough because the judges will have a hard time passing the judgement on any one of the sibling.  To pass a judgement to any sibling is like passing the judgement to LKY. Who can do that?! 

Supersonic
(edited)

they still do it in a closed door COI, with no lawsuit. But of course, the COI members must be very highly respected people with impartial views.  Going to court will be very tough because the judges will have a hard time passing the judgement on any one of the sibling.  To pass a judgement to any sibling is like passing the judgement to LKY. Who can do that?! 

Lol. You cast aspersions on the judiciary but you think that some "highly respected" COI members will be impartial?

BTW, who exactly will choose these "highly respected" COI members? And how can the people determine if they kelong when the proceedings are not public (as a lawsuit will be)?

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Hmmm.....just walked past a guy doing a 1 man protest in Raffles Place under the sun. He was holding some sign board but I didn't read, so freaking hot.

This, in a sense, is a near perfect encapsulation of general Singaporean apathy to politics. [laugh]