The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Turbocharged

After all that LKY has done for Singapore, can we Singaporeans grant him one of his last request?

It is evident he has gone through all measures necessary and thought through all possible outcomes to ensure that his home will be demolished. With good reason as well. The demolition certainly benefits Singapore in the longer term.

His last wish also cater to if the house cannot be demolish...

He already think ahead of what will happen...

Question is what is LhL going to do to the house if it is not demolish?

That will be up for debate.

↡ Advertisement

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Kong Hee also wondering where this cut n paste come from [laugh]   

• Praise 1

Lee Wei Ling, Lee Hsien Yang and co stabbed our revered PM Lee at 3am in the morning.

They not only do that. They stab at 3am when he was OVERSEAS having a holiday. He has no chance to retaliate for a good few hours for sure

I wont do that to my brothers. Good thing we grew up poor and simple things like sharing ice creams and a meal of macdonals make us happy.

Maybe  'they' dont know if LHL is on makan angin trip overseas

Actually LHL should take his time to reply, let all the dirt come out and then reply cooooooly  

If it's a legit new content that won't happen. [:)]

Then again the interview thread is a clear "sibling rivalry" intent and consolidating under a

"Lee legacy rivalry" thread gives the entire holistic peekture

But you da boss haaaaa

Personally, role as son and PM is no simple grounds.

I respected LKY. It would be absolute admiration if he had just demolished his personal house and made alternative lodgings for his daughter who is the main reason why the house still stood today...for him at least.

Every family has own issues. Always easier for outsiders to comment, laugh, critise etc. Always. Rich families sueing each other silly....legacies are either upheld or exchanged for those of the next generation.

Right or wrong? Who better to know than those directly involved? Facts or half-truths or outright lies spoken or intended? Haiz

The house is brick and mortar to me. The spirit and true legacy is actually within each one of us. We are first and foremost Singaporeans. Small red dot or whatever, we will not have external parties with their own agendas coming in to create unrest and strife.

We are Singaporeans and we better remember that we do not take flight at the slightest sight of trouble. Even the country we run to will look down on us then regardless the eloquent and flowery writings.

That's my personal view. I care not whether that house stay or go. It is of no importance to me because the memory and sacrifices of LKY is engraved upon my heart.

Safe ride and focus on your driving.

Cheers

• Praise 12

The chinese saying, House house got hard to read sutra. 

Soon we will hear the sister say Lhl everytime go home underwear take out anyhow throw at living room. Drink liao cup anyhow put. lol

• Praise 1

His last wish also cater to if the house cannot be demolish...

He already think ahead of what will happen...

Question is what is LhL going to do to the house if it is not demolish?

That will be up for debate.

I'm not sure if the house carries any more weight than how the establishment has insinuated itself into every corner of our economy and lives.

has it become some sort of holy shrine?

Will peasants come and kiss the floor where once the great leader lived?

I am not sure and maybe if enough singaporeans give it some special power, it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

and that is a scary thought.

(edited)

There is a deeper issue to this from what I see

Precisely

This statement is a warning shot

Either LHL give in to the siblings (wrt to the reasons why they need to leave SG) or it may all come out in the open for us to know

Edited by TangoElite

Sure sure.... when I say CCB PAP, u all laugh. When elite say CCB PAP you all make thread and make newpaper report... pui

Yes, but any Hokkien peng can say CCB PAP. Only powderful elite can write General Paper essay for open letter. :D

Got some golden shower tape?

got-game-of-thrones-34627383-500-300.gif

"Lordy, I hope there are tapes."

Yes, but any Hokkien peng can say CCB PAP. Only powderful elite can write General Paper essay for open letter. :D

Seems like the GP essay was written in haste 

Structure gets a little repetitive in the middle.

Para 2: "We feel big brother omnipresent."

Sure sure.... when I say CCB PAP, u all laugh. When elite say CCB PAP you all make thread and make newpaper report... pui

YDCB

@angcheek say

Turbocharged

The best way to troll your older brother..

Release statement criticising him at 3am in the morning, while he's on holiday.

[laugh]

• Praise 2